X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly my 6.5 is Echoing

Echoing Echoing Echoing
    Bizarre beyong belief.

Running VHS and camcorder tapes into my Legacy 2 - NX, E.6.5 win7. SB Audigy2zs
    Yesterday pm all was fine but suddenly today the sound was Echoing, from speakers or Headphones plugged into Audigy Bay, either capture or playback via Edius. Whether capture was via FW or Comp the echo was there
    After an hour or so of swearing and trying to work out why, I could pin it down to anything on the Edius timeline. Audio played via WMP/VLC was fine AND encoded files from Edius, wav/MS DV etc played standalone were also fine, so it is an Edius playback issue.

I put the old 4.6 XP caddy in booted up and that was fine, so it is NOT hardware config.

Any ideas where to look or what I might have missed?

Thank heavens for the district nurse...intravenous Southern Comfort...

by Echo, do you mean it sounding like Channel 2 is delayed from Channel 1?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Yes or similar to adding audio delay filter and NOT muting original.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDave View Post
        Yes or similar to adding audio delay filter and NOT muting original.
        to eliminate a faulty leaking capacitor on the NX, can you set preview device to OHCI and see if there is an echo from PC speakers

the NX is old enough for leaking caps
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

But having swapped C Drive caddies, currently running it from the XP 4.6 and it is fine so I have ruled out the NX hardware.

Comment

ahahh, same NX just different C drive
            I assume the echo happens if you start a new 6.5 project and play one of the captured files?
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Yes, when I was trying to fault find, I rebooted and just put in an audio file to a new project. I also checked that the Creative SW hadn't intoduced an EAX effect. Never tried a new profile, just a thought.
              I will finish the captures with 4.6 and reload the Win7 caddy later today. Maybe Edius has somhow started using on-board sound as well as the Creative card (on Win7). I will also try L&R tracks seperately.

Never a dull moment.

Comment

RESOLVED.
                After a bit of debugging I was able to discover that the problem was related to the INPUT on the Window Mixer. The NX is looped to the soundcard. Something had enabled an additional line input and disabling all line inputs and then using What u Hear cleared the problem.
                No idea how or why two inputs were trying to playback one signal but if it happens again I know where to look.
                Edius, WMP/VLC and CD player all working without an echo, without an echo...

Comment

and how much SC was downed until it was resolved?
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Good point. Playing catch up today to pay for a fresh delivery...ROTFL

Comment

Working...
                    X