Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 9 and Quick Sync working without the iGPU terminated or attached to a monitor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 9 and Quick Sync working without the iGPU terminated or attached to a monitor.

Hi.

I'm just seeking clarification as I may have misunderstood something in the past. My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?

I have my i9 system working with E9WG and have all the H.264 and H.265 functionality working with the i9's Quick Sync co-processor but without anything attached to the iGPU.

Have I misunderstood something, or is this how QS is supposed to work anyway, or is this a function of E9WG?

In any event, it's super cool and reduces the risk of Windows getting confused with a multi-monitor setup and helps with the layout of surround configurations for monitoring the GUI via dedicated GPU software.

Cheers,
    Dave.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Originally posted by Liverpool TV View Post
    Hi.

I'm just seeking clarification as I may have misunderstood something in the past. My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?

I have my i9 system working with E9WG and have all the H.264 and H.265 functionality working with the i9's Quick Sync co-processor but without anything attached to the iGPU.

Have I misunderstood something, or is this how QS is supposed to work anyway, or is this a function of E9WG?

In any event, it's super cool and reduces the risk of Windows getting confused with a multi-monitor setup and helps with the layout of surround configurations for monitoring the GUI via dedicated GPU software.

Cheers,
    Dave.

1) "My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?"
    Yes, that was so necessary.

2) Since it works now for me (with 9.4) without termination (no monitor connection), I inquired (MMM in Munich and Filmpraxis in Nuernberg): This restriction is allegedly no longer necessary.
    Regards kurt
    Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EdiusX-WG (10.30)/ Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-17.4.30010 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
    // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Originally posted by kpot View Post
      1) "My understanding of Edius and Quick Sync was that the iGPU was supposed to be terminated, usually by connecting it to an active monitor. Is, or was, this the case?"
      Yes, that was so necessary.

2) Since it works now for me (with 9.4) without termination (no monitor connection), I inquired (MMM in Munich and Filmpraxis in Nuernberg): This restriction is allegedly no longer necessary.
      Regards kurt
      Hi Kurt.

Thanks for that confirmation, I must have missed that information when reading up on 9.4.

Cheers,
      Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

My experience of using QS is not the same
        My Specs are listed below
        The Driver is 24.12.14.3086
        For me this was the first of the New Intel style drivers that worked

I tested a 2 minute HD 1920x1080 25p clip, the timings were:-
        1 With connection to another monitor it took 20 seconds.
        2 HDMI cable was detached from the other monitor an QS Harware Encoder option to unchecked did not appear in export it took 30 seconds
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
          My Specs are listed below
          The Driver is 24.12.14.3086
          For me this was the first of the New Intel style drivers that worked

I tested a 2 minute HD 1920x1080 25p clip, the timings were:-
          1 With connection to another monitor it took 20 seconds.
          2 HDMI cable was detached from the other monitor an QS Harware Encoder option to unchecked did not appear in export it took 30 seconds
          Hi John.

Have you tried exporting H.265 without a monitor attached? I only ask as this is meant to be a thing with the latest E9. For me, QSV H.264 exporting was a big surprise as I was expecting to connect a monitor but I then realised that my playback had been taking advantage of it anyway.

In my case I just let Windows update the driver to whatever it thinks is the latest and not anything specific from the board manufacturer.

I don't have to order anything specifically in the BIOS between my iGPU and discrete one either, as long as the iGPU is in there for multi.

Also, my build is the cheapest of its type, aside from the storage, so nothing special about the motherboard.

Cheers,
          Dave.

Comment

You are using 9.4 Workgroup or Pro ?
            Intel core i7-6700K / ASUS Z170A / 32 GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics 530 / SSD Systemdrive / Gigabyte GeForce GT 1070 / Win-10/64 Pro / EdiusX-WG (10.30)/ Mercalli (V2, V4 and V5 Plugin/64bit) / Resolve-17.4.30010 Studio / ImgBurn / PowerDVD etc.
            // Read > Test > Understand

Comment

Is this change based on Edius 9.4 or hardware specific? More specifically, the 9th gen CPU's and motherboards.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

No it wont
                Attached Files
                System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

I never used to let windows change the driver as the i9 originally had problems so i used those drivers that was noted to work on the forum and starting off by re installing the driver on the disk and then updating manually
                  The latest major Win 10 kindly installed the new driver that worked

Comment

No it wont
                    That's odd?

Comment

Here is a shot of it exporting with cable connected
                      Attached Files

Comment

Although E9 is capable of QSV without iGPU termination, maybe this is also MB dependent? As I'm experiencing and as Kurt has confirmed, the function does indeed seem to work.

BTW. Whatever is the latest version on the GV site, that's the one I'm using.

Comment

I've never been able to get quicksync to work without the second monitor attached. In the past, it has been manufacturer specific when it was reported to work without a monitor.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Dave What is your encode time for a 2 min HD TL

Comment

Dave What is your encode time for a 2 min HD TL
                              I'd have to test that, all the stuff I've been doing on E9 is 4K/60.

Comment

Working...
                              X