No announcement yet.

Is Edius 6 compatible with Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Edius 6 compatible with Windows 10?

Just got Edius 9 on a new Windows 10 computer, but I'll need to open old projects from E6 every once in while. I know I can open E6 projects on E9, but I used a lot of Quicktime Animation alpha graphics in my old projects that no longer work with E9. But I would also like to update old computer to Windows 10 as long as I know E6 will still work on it.

TL;DR I need to know if updating the old computer to Windows 10 will prevent me from still using Edius 6 on it.

Also, if I don't update to Windows 10, will it be safe to open projects in E9 in Windows 10 and then the Windows 7 computer? Or will that ruin the project by opening it on an earlier OS?

Thank you!

QuickTime annimations and alpha channel graphics work in EDIUS 9.

Of course thirdparty titels or filters would require the 64 bit versions.
    A way to have an extra assurance is to export your annimations to a HQX with alpha. This way you can open the old project preferably a duplicate in EDIUS 9 and you have them in a video file.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I believe I moved to Windows 10 mid 2015 when they were releasing the free trials.

I had some initial problems with audio drivers and things but don't forget you can run programs as 'Run As Compatible for Windows 7" if you need to.
      from memory I had to run the compatability mode as administration but it worked
      www.skysimonephotography.com
      www.skysimonefilm.com
      www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
      ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

I've got Edius v6.5 working fine on Win 10 32 bit system. Note 32 bit not 64 bit system.
        i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
        RAM 32 GB.
        ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
        PS Thermaltake 1kW.
        Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
        OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
        Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
        SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

You may need to install Quicktime for Windows and activate it in the settings in EDIUS to get your QT footage working.
          EDIUS silver certified trainer.
          Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
          Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
          X