Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Output AVCHD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Output AVCHD

    I look for output TL , format :
    - AVCHD to camcorder
    - H264 to authoring BD
    Is it possible with PCE or other tools in Edius 4.54 ?

    Marc
    System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
    Edius in France

  • #2
    You will need ProCoder 3 to create H.264 Blu-Ray spec streams.

    None of our products currently support AVCHD encoding at the moment. It is being looked into.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the info, KH

      Marc
      System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
      Edius in France

      Comment


      • #4
        KH, has there been any progress with the AVCHD output option (is it included in v4.6?). I have converted my first bunch of AVCHD files into HQ, edited them and now need to somehow convert them back into AVCHD to author a disk.

        Are there any other utilities that I could use?

        Many thanks.
        Sascha

        Comment


        • #5
          AVCHD output will be in the next major release of EDIUS.

          Comment


          • #6
            AVCHD Video out

            If AVCHD output is in the next major release, when might that be? Right now I can export, convert to Canopus HQ, edit and complete; but all I can burn is a SD DVD? withjout having a BlueRay DVD burner all I can do is output in SD??? Kinda disappointing. I was hoping to at least be able to load back onto the camera and show HD playing from it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
              You will need ProCoder 3 to create H.264 Blu-Ray spec streams.

              None of our products currently support AVCHD encoding at the moment. It is being looked into.
              So, are the H.264 presets in PC3 viable now? I must have missed a post or two. These had issues and were not 100% all of the time.
              If they are working, how about posting the working settings or an update to Marks sticky.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

              Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

              Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


              Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bseidner View Post
                If AVCHD output is in the next major release, when might that be? Right now I can export, convert to Canopus HQ, edit and complete; but all I can burn is a SD DVD? withjout having a BlueRay DVD burner all I can do is output in SD??? Kinda disappointing. I was hoping to at least be able to load back onto the camera and show HD playing from it
                Output to MPEG2 HD and burn to BD, much faster to encode.
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                  So, are the H.264 presets in PC3 viable now? I must have missed a post or two. These had issues and were not 100% all of the time.
                  If they are working, how about posting the working settings or an update to Marks sticky.

                  It's certainly not Blu-ray specked files. As highlighted however they can work in some instances. It just goes to show how unconstrained the whole process is when you can use non compliant video to get the result anyway. There's not too many people (I ain't one of them) who know what (or how to) constitutes a compliant BD video file to the letter of the law and I have found big players making claims that were nothing but wishful thinking.

                  Take our ProCoder 3 big brother (Carbon Coder) and it's VC-1 which is not Blu-ray compliant or Sorenson Squeeze VC-1 or MainConcept AVC, all proven not legal.

                  Stick to Mpeg 2 HD or you need to spend a lot of money to get a trustworthy AVC or VC-1 encoder.

                  I think however outputting AVCHD is not the same as Blu-ray compliant AVC, they are not necessarily the same thing which is where I have found lots of confusion.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X