Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anton,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I agree if there is constant motion in the show then this softness might not be an issue, depending on content. I could not test this feature with the trial version of Imaginate since it didn't allow a save so when I bought the full version and saw this issue I was niggled.

Fortunately as I found out a rendered avi doesn't have the softness so it's the editors choice which method to use, as long as the issue is known about that's their decision.
    Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

Still don't have a fix for the soft image, using Fuji & Nikon D-70 cameras, very clean jpegs, the second I open the file in Imaginate the smaller window on the right shows the softness, right then I know I'm in trouble. and ideas on image format or settings to try. Gary

Comment

I save the images into tga format prior to use in IM2

tga is the ideal still image format for video
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

the image on the right is a very tiny % softer due to the fact that it is already zoomed a bit, view the following at 100% size (not shrunk by browser)
          http://www.videoproductions.com.au/edius45/IM2.jpg
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks again Anton, I'll give it a try. Gary

Comment

Image rotation in Imaginate

As usual I exported my recent HD slideshow animation to Edius as an HQ avi file rather than as an IVT since this is the only way to preserve sharpness as seen on a decent HDTV. However despite this method, this time I was surprised to see that when I viewed the result in Edius the stills with rotation on them were no longer as sharp as the original stills.

After some head scratching I discovered that it's the one or two degrees of rotation in Imaginate that is the trouble, when I removed it they became pin sharp. So I decided to straighten them in Photoshop before taking them into Imaginate.

Problem solved, the resolution drop with Photoshop doing the rotation is miniscule. (Ruler down one of the lamposts > Image > Rotate > Arbitary)

Looks like this further step in my routine is in order to maintain maximum quality.

Oh dear, am I too fussy or what...
              Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Claire View Post
                Looks like this further step in my routine is in order to maintain maximum quality.

Oh dear, am I too fussy or what...
                No I don't think so, with HDV Hi def any change in sharpness / picture quality is noticeable.
                When I was using SD I used zoom in Premier or Motion in MSP and no noticeable degradation was seen, BUT the viewing medium could not pick the difference.
                When I moved to EDIUS and used 3D PIP to manipulate stills Pan / zoom etc there was a considerable drop in resolution, part of Edius being able to mix formats, so I went back to Premier and it was no better but MSP maintained the full picture quality BUT, the video then had shimmering edges to any fine detail in the picture.
                I do not have Imaginate, not available in Australia, but I have found using Boris Red (Rather expensive) the picture quality is maintained and by using the 1:2:1 pull down for export in Boris eliminates the shimmering edges but maintains the sharpness.
                Regards Barry
                Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Barry I cannot begin to wonder how you found the 1:2:1 pull down in Boris export solved the shimmer, wow... wonder how that worked?

Here I film mostly in 25P mode so in Imaginate export with HQ codec I choose progressive frames rather than upper field first and provided I tell Edius the AVI is progressive everything is hunky-dory.

I don't how Imaginate manages to avoid the shimmer you mention that you got from MSP Cbut but it does, unlike ProShow Producer which also makes animated slides that shimmer like crazy and anyway Proshow only does interlaced and has a 2GB limit in Canopus HQ codec, (11 slides).

So praise be to Imaginate, fast and easy to use and almost but not quite perfect, bought mine from dvc.uk.com here in the UK without any trouble last year and it seems to be still available.
                  Claire

Comment

Gave up on Imaginate, still soft, even before any render, obvious soft in the preview window, seems stuck on a blur value...might just be my software...I've tried re-installing but same problem. Anyone out their with this type of problem and any fix. Gary (Mr. softie)..

Comment

Working...
                    X