Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingwe
    • May 2007

Edius Dvd is frustating......

Here is my problem with the dvd program, when I make chapter points they never work at the points set ,even when I try adjusting it . any help?

Overall I like the program it is easy to use and the end result is great .
  • Bart
    • May 2007

Correct: the markers on the timeline are NOT correctly translated to chapterpoints. Adjusting them manually works but what a waste of time.

This is a bug since the first version ... will this be solved in 4.6?
    Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

• antonsvideo
      • May 2007

DVD chapters can only be accurate to plus or minus 1/2 second (it is the nature of the DVD spec)

for more accurate chapters, be sure you export with closed GOP enabled

some authoring software such as DVD-Lab Pro has a feature called frame indexing, this allows you to get even more accurate chapters by using the exported marker list from Edius
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Bart
        • May 2007

See the section with reported issues, we are not talking about the normal difference of a fraction of a second, DVD creator shows thumbnails with a random difference of several seconds to over a minute. Issue reported already in august 2007.
        Anyway, after testing DVD Creator, I stopped using it ... it would be a good tool for simple DVD but it doesn't function correctly.

That why I hope this get fixed "soon" along with other bugs like the color picker in Quick Titler, the partly disappearing menu's over the overlay, etc. It is frustrating that those basic things don't get fixed even after so many upgrades.
        Last edited by Bart; 01-09-2008, 10:50 AM.
        Edius X - Edius 9.52 Pro - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

• antonsvideo
          • May 2007

I don't use DVD Creator but if this is true, than this is bad
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• Ingwe
            • May 2007

So at the end of the day I cannot use the DVD Side , What a pity as the programs output is very good , better that Adobes quality. I really hope GV will sort this out as it would save a lot of time encoding out and them author in another program

Also I would like to see 2 feature which I could preview before writing Like in ADPRO2 or Encore and motion buttons .

Comment

• pjsssss
              • May 2007

DVD Creator was built to be a very basic DVD program. It was advertised that way since its concept. I think that Edius is moving a lot of work to its own encoder so I would not be surprised to see DVD Creator built up into a more robust program at a future date. However, this is all speculation andI have no clue as to when it would be.

Comment

• Ron Evans
                • May 2007

One nice feature of Vegas is the ability to output chapters and tell the encoder to place an i-frame at the chapter marker. Then in Architect these are translated into chapter marks etc. Still a two step process and I still prefer DVDLab Pro!!! If DVD Creator was improved with i-Frame control like Vegas it would be just great.

Ron Evans
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 16T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

• shueardm
                  • May 2007

We have to very carefull not ask EDIUS to be more than what it is intended to be here. The more all in one features that you ask for the more chances of it failing to meet the intended purpose. Ask yourselves "why did i buy EDIUS ?" If you want an all in one package may I suggest you move over to AVID Liquid or similar? That is not what I want EDIUS to become!!
                  I prefer a "one tool for each putrpose" approach and the day EDIUS becomes AVID Liquid is the day I have no reason to use EDIUS.
                  AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, RTX 3080, 64GB RAM, EDIUS X WG.

Comment

• GrassValley_KH
                    Mr Sparkle
                    • Apr 2007

Pearls of wisdom here!

You can cut a piece of timber with a hammer...but it won't look pretty. Or, you can go back to the toolbox and grab a saw and make short work of it..

Comment

• shueardm
                      • May 2007

Brandon's really got into your head hasn't he. lol :)

Comment

• Ron Evans
                        • May 2007

Yes I love Edius for the speed, multicam( Vegas and Premiere combine tracks so one can't see what is going on or manually correct like Edius). But it would be nice to place markers and encode as chapters like Vegas so that the i-frames are correct in the encoding. I do my audio in Vegas/Sound Forge and authoring in DVDLab Pro. Frankly none of these programs do it all for me and I am just an amateur. So I agree get the program that does what you want. Having a capable DVD creator within an NLE is a useful feature provided it can place accurate chapters and make reasonable menues.
                        Ron Evans
                        Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 16T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

• shueardm
                          • May 2007

Yes Ron but the point was that you can't make a tool for everybody's needs. The EDIUS applicationis not aimed at amateurs and I think that you are capable enough a person to call yourself a semi-pro, in which case you should be able to make a workflow that is not reliant on EDIUS to do everything for you. You are aware that you can export the chapter markers to a css file and import that into DVDLab PRO?

Comment

• Bart
                            • May 2007

Very wise indeed ... but if a software offers a certain function, the function should work correctly.

Comment

• Ingwe
                              • May 2007

Thats all I would like to that the chapters point work , the other stuff is just nice to have. I do not want Edius to go the LE route, Edius, I am very happy with(warts and all :) ) and it does what I want , what I need extra I can do in PPRO2 .
                              And I thank GV for there efforts to make Edius work thank guy's........

Comment

Working...