Something strange in Multicam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something strange in Multicam

Normally, once EDIUS is switched to Multicam - and virtual cameras and tracks are mapped correctly, if I press the numeric keypad 1 - it will switch over to camera 1 and put a white triangle at the spot where the the keypress was made. Pressing 2 will switch to camera 2 etc.

I have been testing - pressing keypad numbers does switch the Master view between the cameras correctly - but - there is NO white triangle on the timeline.

What did I do wrongly this time?
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Works here. Puts blue triangle at switch point using numeric keyboard. Are you on the latest version of Edius?
    My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Yes - it is the latest version of version 9.4.

I now realised this - the numeric keypad will put the white triangles at the point where the keypad is pressed ONLY when the video is playing. If I stop the video and I hit the numeric keypad, the cameras will switch correctly, but there is no white triangle. Is this the correct behavior? Thank you.
      Last edited by tingsern; 05-26-2019, 05:20 PM.
      TingSern
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I went back and looked in Ver 8.53 and it behaves the same way. No markers when switching with the timeline not playing. So, I would assume this is as intended. Hopefully someone else will confirm. If you want to add a cutpoint when not playing, select the camera and then hit the "0" key on the numeric keypad. That is how it works in current and previous versions.
        Last edited by LewS; 05-26-2019, 06:07 PM.
        My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

If you are scrubbing , moving the play-head manual to a position you need to press control + num key.
          We have poste this a few times. :)
          Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
          EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thank you - I try this out tonight :-).
            TingSern

Comment

CTRL+num confirms - works - when the footage is not playing.
              TingSern

Comment

Working...
              X