Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 8 Pro constantly crashing (new problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    Hey Anton and Bern - yes it just crashed.. :(
    and computer has been restarted multiple times. Oh no :(

Reinstalling edius is the last thing that has been suggested for me to try. I will have to search to see where my install files are. I might have to wait til next week to try reinstalling as I want to get another client job finished this week

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    did you click the Create System Report button? then attach the created system report zip file which gets generated to the Documents folder

when you disabled fast start, did you actually restart PC after that?
    Yes I did restart the computer twice.
    I have about an hour of editing to do this afternoon so I will let you know if it does anything

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
    Maybe it is best to seek some help from a EDIUS system integrator?
    How do we do this?

BERN - this new laptop does not allow you to remove the battery
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=744ct7oOrRc

These new laptops are extremely slim and apparently require the entire laptop to be dismantled before you can remove the battery - so I'm not going to do that as I'd be voiding my Geek Squad warranty

- This leaves Berns reinstall suggestion (of edius) the only option :(
    If anyone has any suggestions to the crashing PLEASE HELP - because my system is more than strong enough and I've had an IT professional look at the error logs and he said everyone who looked at the error logs says its an application issue, not a system issue

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
    BERN - oddly enough with AVAST anti-virus I always had to disable it while running Edius on my previous machine.. Previous machine would crash IF Avast was running in the background but if I disabled avast while editing I didin't have an issue (same with desktop)

I have been disabling Avast while editing on this machine and it still crashes..
    I edit with Avast enabled, but like any virus scanner, it is recommended to exclude all the grass valley folders from scanning as well as the media drive.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    did you click the Create System Report button? then attach the created system report zip file which gets generated to the Documents folder

when you disabled fast start, did you actually restart PC after that?

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    This is (screenshot)
    the error I just got.

This is really frustrating.. I have to finish some client work in the next 2 - 3 hours - so after that I'll google battery removal of this machine (machine type in signature) and will try Berns complete shut down method.. - and battery drain method.
    If that doesn't work I will try Berns 'uninstall reinstall with disabled antivirus'

The good news is when it crashes it immediately closes (SSD)
    and immediately opens when I load it. .there's no lag thank goodness or I might throw the laptop!

2.15 pm crashed while trying to slightly edit audio DB on a short 7 minute timeline... (new crash)

2.27 pm crashed while altering color on a clip.. same 7 minute timeline...
    2.48 pm crashed while adding title

CONTENTS OF ERROR LOG

oh not sure which file to open to share?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-24-2019, 07:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    An hour later and no crash SO FAR...
    Avast disabled til restart, and Antons 'turn off fast windows start' seem to be working well so far...

I'm going to have to bookmark this incase I have to format windows at some point!

I will keep you guys updated but Berns suggestion will be my next step, I'll have to google battery removal of this model though. (but so far the Anton step looks like that may have been the big crash causer!!!!!!)

Thank you everybody.. if I don't have any crashes for the next couple of days I will let you know, and if it does crash again I'll update you

ANTON in relation to maximizing PC efficiency on a new machine is there anything else you suggest? Do you ever mess with the clock speed? -
    I disabled Windows 10 Animations too as I believe that has to use some RAM

************ 10 minutes after posting this I got a crash...
    it won't let me add an image to a post edit so I have to reply again
    Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-24-2019, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    I just disabled fast start which WAS turned on by default
    I followed this instruction page
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-d...0-fast-startup

not sure if I needed to turn off lock or hibernate but let's see if it crashes now :)

will refer to the other points of Berns if this doesnt help..

** I WANT TO ADD THIS - Edius 8 seems to have an excellent autosave feature.. with every crash the save file that is auto recovered seems to always have saved within 2 minutes of my crash so at least I havn't been losing much!

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post

Hey there - what is that exactly and how would i do that?

- Anton - and disable fast start, that is the biggest troublemaker invented by MS

I missed that bit.. I will google how to do that today..
    and will try that

I literally can't figure out how to get the battery out of this laptop, was really easy in my 2 previous laptops but this one is odd so I havn't completed Berns power down process yet either..

(have been trying to get a client deadline out WITH the crashing so have been saving after almost every step)

BERN - oddly enough with AVAST anti-virus I always had to disable it while running Edius on my previous machine.. Previous machine would crash IF Avast was running in the background but if I disabled avast while editing I didin't have an issue (same with desktop)

I have been disabling Avast while editing on this machine and it still crashes.. -

I will try Antons suggestion,
    I will try Berns power down suggestion,
    and if those fail I will try Berns reinstall suggestion too.

I got some new looking errors which I believe are memory related.. This laptop has the same memory as the last one, and just as powerful G.C

I've included screenshots of different errors just in case anyone is familiar with that type :)

thanks guys will update you when I have an update
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied

and disable fast start, that is the biggest troublemaker invented by MS
    still awaiting answer on the above, have you implemented it?

Leave a comment:

• BernH
    replied
    The virus scanner suggestion was more about having it disabled when you install edius, because it can interfere with the installer.

If the install didn't happen correctly, disabling it afterward does not fix the problem. To rule this out as a problem, you need to re-install edius with the virus scanner disabled.

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    image attachment

will try Bernies residual discharge method in his first reply next

Note..
    just noticed in power options
    PCI express Link State Power Management
    and have turned that FROM max power savings to OFF... I'll see if that makes a dif
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-20-2019, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    new laptops are always shipped under powered, the power options are set for energy saving, this is no good with EDIUS

make sure you unhide hidden power plans and select the high performance plan

Thanks Anton
    I just changed the power settings under 'graphics performance' from 'balanced' to 'maximum performance' - I'll see how it goes (editing a ceremony right now)
    so far so good so that may be the answer

- I will see how it goes now that I changed those graphic performance settings.
    I always have to disable anti-virus before launching edius as well as anti-virus seems to slow edius down but I think that max performance setting may have been the answer.. will keep you posted

UPDATE - EDITED FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES AFTER changing the graphic performance setting and disabling anti-virus and this is the instant crash I got
    (screenshot)
    Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-20-2019, 09:16 PM. Reason: screenshot)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    new laptops are always shipped under powered, the power options are set for energy saving, this is no good with EDIUS

make sure you unhide hidden power plans and select the high performance plan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X