Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 8 Pro constantly crashing (new problem)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
    BERN - oddly enough with AVAST anti-virus I always had to disable it while running Edius on my previous machine.. Previous machine would crash IF Avast was running in the background but if I disabled avast while editing I didin't have an issue (same with desktop)

    I have been disabling Avast while editing on this machine and it still crashes..
    I edit with Avast enabled, but like any virus scanner, it is recommended to exclude all the grass valley folders from scanning as well as the media drive.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
      Maybe it is best to seek some help from a EDIUS system integrator?
      How do we do this?


      BERN - this new laptop does not allow you to remove the battery
      - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=744ct7oOrRc

      These new laptops are extremely slim and apparently require the entire laptop to be dismantled before you can remove the battery - so I'm not going to do that as I'd be voiding my Geek Squad warranty

      - This leaves Berns reinstall suggestion (of edius) the only option :(
      If anyone has any suggestions to the crashing PLEASE HELP - because my system is more than strong enough and I've had an IT professional look at the error logs and he said everyone who looked at the error logs says its an application issue, not a system issue
      www.skysimonephotography.com
      www.skysimonefilm.com
      www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





      Laptop:
      ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
        did you click the Create System Report button? then attach the created system report zip file which gets generated to the Documents folder

        when you disabled fast start, did you actually restart PC after that?
        Yes I did restart the computer twice.
        I have about an hour of editing to do this afternoon so I will let you know if it does anything
        www.skysimonephotography.com
        www.skysimonefilm.com
        www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





        Laptop:
        ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
        Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

        Comment


        • #19
          Hey Anton and Bern - yes it just crashed.. :(
          and computer has been restarted multiple times. Oh no :(

          Reinstalling edius is the last thing that has been suggested for me to try. I will have to search to see where my install files are. I might have to wait til next week to try reinstalling as I want to get another client job finished this week
          www.skysimonephotography.com
          www.skysimonefilm.com
          www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





          Laptop:
          ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
          Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
            How do we do this?

            BERN - this new laptop does not allow you to remove the battery
            - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=744ct7oOrRc

            These new laptops are extremely slim and apparently require the entire laptop to be dismantled before you can remove the battery - so I'm not going to do that as I'd be voiding my Geek Squad warranty
            Thats too bad. It is the quick way to get a full hardware reset. The slow way involves running it on battery until it shuts sown. Then starting it up again until it shuts down again, and repeating this procedure until it will not start up any more. Then waiting anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, for any residual charges to drain, and hoping that there isn't enough power still being supplied for any standby voltages to still be present.

            There was no guarantee that a full power reset would fix the problem, but it is a quick way to make sure that all the hardware has a full reset to rule out any erroneous data left in RAM causing a problem, having a glitched up controller chip that needs a reset, etc.

            I have seen issues with Edius being installed with a virus scanner running before, so hopefully the re-install will solve the problem.

            As a note also, make sure that you only have one virus scanner installed. Many systems come with Norton or Mcafee pre-installed. If you are using Avast, make sure the Norton or Mcafee version has been uninstalled. Virus scanners can also "fight" with each other if you have more than one running at the same time and cause odd problems.

            I always uninstall the Norton and McAfee's before installing Avast, as they tend to impact system performance more than Avast (or ESET as Anton uses), and after installing Edius with the virus scanner disabled so the installer is not hampered, make sure to exclude the GV folders under program files, the GV folders under the hidden appdata folder, and the media drive where all the video and projects are stored, so that the virus scanner will not interfere with the operations of Edius after the install.
            Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
              Hey Anton and Bern - yes it just crashed.. :(
              and computer has been restarted multiple times. Oh no :(

              Reinstalling edius is the last thing that has been suggested for me to try. I will have to search to see where my install files are. I might have to wait til next week to try reinstalling as I want to get another client job finished this week
              can you attach a system report

              also, attach the crash.dmp file (needs to be zipped as the forum does not allow dmp files) It is found in the Temp folder after a crash
              Anton Strauss
              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

              EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

              Comment


              • #22
                May I suggest something else?

                Go to your laptop BIOS and disable CPU Power Management - and see if it fixes your problem? And disable CPU Speedstep as well.
                TingSern
                --------------------------------------
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi guys

                  thank you for the responses.
                  I am so desperate to get this issue resolved, so I really appreciate any help

                  Here is a dropbox folder link. Inside the folder is the last 4 crash reports

                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hi4im10o9...ObMZ1IDta?dl=0


                  ********************
                  Bern - your 'computer goes on computer goes off' method sounds logical, I can definately try that.. should I try that before or after reinstall?

                  I have video to edit tomorrow but not today.
                  I have to re-render an MP4 that for some reason rendered with a scrambled transition, and I have 500 photos to edit today and client appointments..

                  so I was thinking I could squeeze the reinstall in today, then edit a different wedding ceremony tomorrow to see if it crashes.

                  tomorrow night I could try the power down method.

                  The processes that seem to cause crashing is basically any effect being added to timeline, whether stablization, layouter, or graphic equalizer..

                  so I may be able to try to test / force crashing without doing actual editing for an hour, just by adding a bunch of effects on the timeline


                  - This was a brand new laptop which I don't believe had any anti virus installed - BUT as I mentioned I personally use Avast, and I have no way of knowing if I installed Avast before Edius, or Edius before avast

                  would uninstalling remove all my save files? I just need to save presets right and my save files will remain where they were

                  it's been a while

                  Should I deactivate my licence too? or just uninstall reinstall.


                  REINSTALL IS NEXT STEP, SOME TIME TODAY


                  *********************
                  Anton - have included link to dropbox folder with the last 4 crash reports

                  ***********

                  TINGSERN

                  - yes any other suggestions are appreciated
                  Anton did get me to disable the Windows 10 fast startup already, is that the same as CPU speedstep?
                  I will take a photo of your suggestion and restart and see where my bios settings are on this new laptp
                  thank you
                  www.skysimonephotography.com
                  www.skysimonefilm.com
                  www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





                  Laptop:
                  ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
                  Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I went into your dropbox and take a look. It is all SYSTEM INFO only. Where is the crash dump - that's the one we will need to isolate the problem. Thank you.

                    Windows 10 Fast start is not the same as the BIOS setting.

                    I have taken a look at the contents of the dropbox. The info in there is not helpful in diagnosing the problem. I only see the EVTX files - and they only show INFORMATION on PERFORMANCE and the various EDIUS commands and TIMELINE - nothing to shed any light why it crashes. We need the dump.
                    Last edited by tingsern; 05-28-2019, 03:27 PM.
                    TingSern
                    --------------------------------------
                    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
                      Bern - your 'computer goes on computer goes off' method sounds logical, I can definately try that.. should I try that before or after reinstall?

                      I have video to edit tomorrow but not today.
                      I have to re-render an MP4 that for some reason rendered with a scrambled transition, and I have 500 photos to edit today and client appointments..

                      so I was thinking I could squeeze the reinstall in today, then edit a different wedding ceremony tomorrow to see if it crashes.

                      tomorrow night I could try the power down method.

                      The processes that seem to cause crashing is basically any effect being added to timeline, whether stablization, layouter, or graphic equalizer..

                      so I may be able to try to test / force crashing without doing actual editing for an hour, just by adding a bunch of effects on the timeline


                      - This was a brand new laptop which I don't believe had any anti virus installed - BUT as I mentioned I personally use Avast, and I have no way of knowing if I installed Avast before Edius, or Edius before avast

                      would uninstalling remove all my save files? I just need to save presets right and my save files will remain where they were

                      it's been a while

                      Should I deactivate my licence too? or just uninstall reinstall.


                      REINSTALL IS NEXT STEP, SOME TIME TODAY
                      You don't have to do the "run the system until it shuts down" before re-install, or at all. I only suggested it as a possible solution in case the hardware needs a full reset. Sometimes this can help with odd problems, but it is not a definite solution.

                      If you are going to re-install, you don't have to de-activate. Just un-install, delete your temp files, disable the virus scanner, and re-install with the virus scanner disabled.

                      If you want to do a completely clean uninstall/re-install then yes you would de-activate. Anton has a great step by step on his website. https://www.videoproductions.com.au/...all-edius.html
                      Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Why not wait until Anton has viewed the requested crash reports. There may be a simple solution.
                        The crashes seem to have started early this month. Was all OK until then?
                        You are working professionally so is it fair to say you probably have an 'image' of your pc taken earlier whilst all was well. If so restore a good working image to your machine & continue earning. Maybe something you have forgotten whilst trying to solve your current problem.

                        If you do not have such a backup image I can recommend the procedure.
                        David Harry 'Liverpool Tv' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHhU-_0YiA) described a easy to understand process sometime back in the 'lounge'. After say windows update 'screw up' you can be up & running in about 10 minutes.

                        Best of luck, hope you are up & running shortly.
                        Sys1: Gigabyte Z370 HD3 i7 8086K(4.3Ghz), 16Gb ram, 256Gb SSD system + 2x2Tb Graphics: nVidia 1060, (W10 Pro) BM IP4K, E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19; Resolve17_Studio, GH2(hacked), Pana HC-X2000E, GoPro5
                        Sys2 :Clevo i7 6700K 2.5Ghz,16Gb ram 2565Gb SSD + 1Tb, (W10 Pro), Software: E8v3 WG; Vegas Pro19

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          you have not yet attached the zipped up Crash Dump file that is in the Temp folder

                          meanwhile, your crash appears to be caused by cseavchd.dll which is a file EDIUS uses when processing MTS files

                          maybe you did not transfer the MTS files correctly from camera to PC via source browser?

                          also, you have two anti virus running, that can also kill cseavchd.dll

                          get rid of AVAST
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

                          EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Hey Anton sorry for the delay been in New York shooting a week long Indian wedding and just got back

                            I don't understand what you're saying to me
                            I uploaded the entire crash report zip to that dropbox file


                            I did the uninstall and reinstall with my anti-virus uninstalled and it's still crashing
                            I really need to resolve this as I'm picking up editing from other videographers

                            is there a way Edius staff could help me at all?

                            I definately don't want to upgrade to 9 if i cant get the crashing with 8 to stop
                            one of the comments was about talking to staff about integration or something?
                            www.skysimonephotography.com
                            www.skysimonefilm.com
                            www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





                            Laptop:
                            ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
                            Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                              I went into your dropbox and take a look. It is all SYSTEM INFO only. Where is the crash dump - that's the one we will need to isolate the problem. Thank you.

                              Windows 10 Fast start is not the same as the BIOS setting.

                              I have taken a look at the contents of the dropbox. The info in there is not helpful in diagnosing the problem. I only see the EVTX files - and they only show INFORMATION on PERFORMANCE and the various EDIUS commands and TIMELINE - nothing to shed any light why it crashes. We need the dump.

                              Hey guys, when I generate the crash report that zip is the only thing being generated
                              I don't know how to generate anything different
                              When it asks me if I want to create a crash report I hit yes, and those .zip files are all it's creating

                              can anyone walk me through how to create what it is you need to see?
                              or where else it may be located?
                              www.skysimonephotography.com
                              www.skysimonefilm.com
                              www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





                              Laptop:
                              ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
                              Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Geoff_C View Post
                                Why not wait until Anton has viewed the requested crash reports. There may be a simple solution.
                                The crashes seem to have started early this month. Was all OK until then?
                                You are working professionally so is it fair to say you probably have an 'image' of your pc taken earlier whilst all was well. If so restore a good working image to your machine & continue earning. Maybe something you have forgotten whilst trying to solve your current problem.

                                If you do not have such a backup image I can recommend the procedure.
                                David Harry 'Liverpool Tv' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHhU-_0YiA) described a easy to understand process sometime back in the 'lounge'. After say windows update 'screw up' you can be up & running in about 10 minutes.

                                Best of luck, hope you are up & running shortly.
                                Geoff the crashes started when I installed Edius 8 pro on my new laptop
                                My 2012 laptop was the G75VW and had absolutely NO problems with running edius and massive massive edits with multi layers and multiple effects..

                                since installing on the new laptop it's constantly crashed.. (sorry if I didn't explain that clearly in my main post clearly)
                                specs of new laptop have been updated and added to my signature

                                really frustrating as my new laptop has just as much ram, has a Solid State C drive, all the specs are the same or better.. it's just a newer laptop
                                www.skysimonephotography.com
                                www.skysimonefilm.com
                                www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto





                                Laptop:
                                ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
                                Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X