Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 8 Pro constantly crashing (new problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 8 Pro constantly crashing (new problem)

so today Edius keeps crashing

the instruction at 0x00007FFBFA1DDCBF referenced memory at 0x0000000000000 The memory could not be written click ok to terminate program

pls help
    www.skysimonephotography.com
    www.skysimonefilm.com
    www.facebook.com/skysimonephoto

Laptop:
    ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
    Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Originally posted by tryingtolearn View Post
    so today Edius keeps crashing

the instruction at 0x00007FFBFA1DDCBF referenced memory at 0x0000000000000 The memory could not be written click ok to terminate program

pls help
    The best first step for any odd memory related problems like this would be to turn the computer off, remove power from it and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes, before putting power back and turning it on. If it's a laptop, this includes removing the battery.

You can sometimes speed this up by pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds or so, instead of waiting the 20 minutes.

The idea with this is that with no power supplied, any standby voltages are removed and any capacitors on the motherboard and in the power supply that are holding a residual charge get drained, allowing all the hardware in the system to get a full no power reset.

Try this and see if it fixes things. If not it may be time for some virus or malware scanning, in depth ram diagnostics and hard drive tests, or even a re-install of Edius and possibly even Windows.
    Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

Hey Bern, so this is a new laptop - Sorry I should have mentioned that
      It's meant to be at least AS powerful as the previous one (previous one had NO issues EVER and NO crashing)

this new one is crashing pretty constantlty

Old one was Asus ROG G75VW

New one is Asus ROG Strix

I'll post the specs

ASUS - ROG Strix Scar Edition 17.3" Gaming Laptop-Intel Core i7-16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 1TB SSHD + 128GB SSD - Black
      Qty: 1

Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL703GE 1.0
      Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.475)
      2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-8750H
      384 kilobyte primary memory cache
      1536 kilobyte secondary memory cache
      9216 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
      64-bit ready
      Multi-core (6 total)
      Hyper-threaded (12 total)
      9128.61 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
      5416.68 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

16240 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'ChannelA-DIMM0' has 16384 MB

OLD LAPTOP (NEVER CRASHED EDIUS)
      https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic...pecifications/

NEW LAPTOP
      https://store.asus.com/us/item/20180...5TpMXl1qIlW5Ho
      www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
      ASUS - 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 - 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB SSD - Metal Star Gray
      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

It doesn't matter how new or old it is. The steps I suggested just let the hardware do a full reset to rule out a piece of erroneous data left in RAM, which is not allowed to do a full reset due to stand-by voltages supplied by power supplies and batteries, and charges built up by capacitors in the system.

It also doesn't mean you can't have a virus or malware, particularly if you have ever "touched" the internet. Nor does it mean you can't have a bad piece of RAM, a bad hard drive, or some other component gone bad. I have been building and servicing computer systems used for NLE's, DAW's and GFX/VFX for over 25 years, and, while not common, have seen various components be "flaky" right out of the factory.

So before you continue to go on and on about how new the laptop is, try the reset and virus/malware scan steps I mentioned.

If none of that works, try an edius re-install with any virus scanners disabled. This includes disabling the built in Windows Defender that windows has enabled by default. Virus scanners often interfere with the Edius installer and cause it to have all kinds of odd problems.

These first few things to try are essentially steps from "Computer Repair/Troubleshooting 101." The only steps more basic than those when dealing with odd problems, is a reboot and/or shutdown and power up.

If none of that works it's time for the hardware diagnostics and/or windows re-install, preferably without any of the "bloatware" that comes pre-installed on laptops. These particular steps are probably best left to someone familiar with more in depth troubleshooting, who can also do some burn-in testing, as sometime faults will only appear when components are put under some "stress"
        Last edited by BernH; 05-17-2019, 05:28 AM.
        Edius WG 9.55.7761, various 3rd party plugins, VisTitle 2.9.5.6, Win 7 Ultimate SP1, i7-4790K @ 4GHz with HD4600 GPU embedded, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard, 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, nVidia GTX680 4GB GPU, Matrox MX02 Mini MAX, Corsair 750W PSU, Corsair H110i GT Water Cooler, Corsair C70 case, 8TB Internal RAID 0/stripe (2x4TB Seagate SATAIII HDD's, Win7 Software stripe), 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, Pioneer BDR-207D, Dual 1920x1080 monitors (one on GTX680 and one on Intel HD4600).

Comment

new laptops are always shipped under powered, the power options are set for energy saving, this is no good with EDIUS

make sure you unhide hidden power plans and select the high performance plan

and disable fast start, that is the biggest troublemaker invented by MS
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
            new laptops are always shipped under powered, the power options are set for energy saving, this is no good with EDIUS

make sure you unhide hidden power plans and select the high performance plan

Thanks Anton
            I just changed the power settings under 'graphics performance' from 'balanced' to 'maximum performance' - I'll see how it goes (editing a ceremony right now)
            so far so good so that may be the answer

- I will see how it goes now that I changed those graphic performance settings.
            I always have to disable anti-virus before launching edius as well as anti-virus seems to slow edius down but I think that max performance setting may have been the answer.. will keep you posted

UPDATE - EDITED FOR ABOUT 10 MINUTES AFTER changing the graphic performance setting and disabling anti-virus and this is the instant crash I got
            (screenshot)
            Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-20-2019, 09:16 PM. Reason: screenshot)
            www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
            Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

image attachment

will try Bernies residual discharge method in his first reply next

Note..
              just noticed in power options
              PCI express Link State Power Management
              and have turned that FROM max power savings to OFF... I'll see if that makes a dif
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-20-2019, 09:24 PM.
              www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
              Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

The virus scanner suggestion was more about having it disabled when you install edius, because it can interfere with the installer.

If the install didn't happen correctly, disabling it afterward does not fix the problem. To rule this out as a problem, you need to re-install edius with the virus scanner disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

still awaiting answer on the above, have you implemented it?
                  Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Maybe it is best to seek some help from a EDIUS system integrator?
                    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                      Maybe it is best to seek some help from a EDIUS system integrator?

Hey there - what is that exactly and how would i do that?

- Anton - and disable fast start, that is the biggest troublemaker invented by MS

I missed that bit.. I will google how to do that today..
                      and will try that

I literally can't figure out how to get the battery out of this laptop, was really easy in my 2 previous laptops but this one is odd so I havn't completed Berns power down process yet either..

(have been trying to get a client deadline out WITH the crashing so have been saving after almost every step)

BERN - oddly enough with AVAST anti-virus I always had to disable it while running Edius on my previous machine.. Previous machine would crash IF Avast was running in the background but if I disabled avast while editing I didin't have an issue (same with desktop)

I have been disabling Avast while editing on this machine and it still crashes.. -

I will try Antons suggestion,
                      I will try Berns power down suggestion,
                      and if those fail I will try Berns reinstall suggestion too.

I got some new looking errors which I believe are memory related.. This laptop has the same memory as the last one, and just as powerful G.C

I've included screenshots of different errors just in case anyone is familiar with that type :)

thanks guys will update you when I have an update
                      Attached Files
                      www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                      Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

I just disabled fast start which WAS turned on by default
                        I followed this instruction page
                        https://www.windowscentral.com/how-d...0-fast-startup

not sure if I needed to turn off lock or hibernate but let's see if it crashes now :)

will refer to the other points of Berns if this doesnt help..

** I WANT TO ADD THIS - Edius 8 seems to have an excellent autosave feature.. with every crash the save file that is auto recovered seems to always have saved within 2 minutes of my crash so at least I havn't been losing much!
                        www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                        Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

An hour later and no crash SO FAR...
                          Avast disabled til restart, and Antons 'turn off fast windows start' seem to be working well so far...

I'm going to have to bookmark this incase I have to format windows at some point!

I will keep you guys updated but Berns suggestion will be my next step, I'll have to google battery removal of this model though. (but so far the Anton step looks like that may have been the big crash causer!!!!!!)

Thank you everybody.. if I don't have any crashes for the next couple of days I will let you know, and if it does crash again I'll update you

ANTON in relation to maximizing PC efficiency on a new machine is there anything else you suggest? Do you ever mess with the clock speed? -
                          I disabled Windows 10 Animations too as I believe that has to use some RAM

************ 10 minutes after posting this I got a crash...
                          it won't let me add an image to a post edit so I have to reply again
                          Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-24-2019, 06:29 PM.
                          www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                          Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

This is (screenshot)
                            the error I just got.

This is really frustrating.. I have to finish some client work in the next 2 - 3 hours - so after that I'll google battery removal of this machine (machine type in signature) and will try Berns complete shut down method.. - and battery drain method.
                            If that doesn't work I will try Berns 'uninstall reinstall with disabled antivirus'

The good news is when it crashes it immediately closes (SSD)
                            and immediately opens when I load it. .there's no lag thank goodness or I might throw the laptop!

2.15 pm crashed while trying to slightly edit audio DB on a short 7 minute timeline... (new crash)

2.27 pm crashed while altering color on a clip.. same 7 minute timeline...
                            2.48 pm crashed while adding title

************************************************** ************

CONTENTS OF ERROR LOG

oh not sure which file to open to share?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tryingtolearn; 05-24-2019, 07:48 PM.
                            www.skysimonefilm.com

Laptop:
                            Edius Pro 9 Windows 10

Comment

did you click the Create System Report button? then attach the created system report zip file which gets generated to the Documents folder

when you disabled fast start, did you actually restart PC after that?
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                              X