DVCapture 1.11 Disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be Kaspersky?

I also have Kaspersky AV 2009 so it actually could be that... Let me do some tests and check...

T.

Comment

Originally posted by sirs2k View Post
      Hi All...

Got the same file write error here...
      I'm thinking its kaspersky but not sure... tried everything there is but still no go..
      I can see that there are quiet a few people with the same problem and no 1 finding a solution... this is suposed to be a support forum also...

Please help because this is stoping all production!

thanx
      There are many ways to capture so I hope that is really not stopping your production.

Also I just wanted to say that this is NOT an official support forum as you suggested.

Comment

Disabling Kaspersky did not help

At least just disabling the Kaspersky AV did not have any effect - still the same error. Might be that they have done something deeper in the file system and it would require totally uninstalling the software.

The strange thing here is that DVCapture used to work fine for me before. In the spring I captured from two DV sources simultaneously with now problems. After that, I have made couple of changes to the system:

1. Upgraded Edius from 4.6 to 5.0
        2. Upgraded Kaspersky to 2009 version

Don't know if either of these is the root cause for the file error, but I will try to figure that out. Any suggestions on how to debug are warmly welcome.

DVCapture has been very useful in productions where DV quality is enough, and there's a time constraint with a lot of tape to be captured (like sports events, 12 hours of footage captured in 6 hours).

T.

Comment

If you have v5 of EDIUS, v1.12 of DVCapture can be found on the installation disc. Does that version help at all?

Comment

You have to uninstall Kaspersky... It worked for me!

1. Upgraded Edius from 4.6 to 5.0
            2. Upgraded Kaspersky to 2009 version

Comment

I am having the same problem, and none seems to work.....it is installed, but does not launch...man, what a set back....sometimes i capture 2 or 3 streams at the same time....a real time saver...........

Comment

I got my DVCapture to work......the method was simple, but time consuming.....I did a complete reformat of my system drive, and reinstall from scratch, testing as I went along....LOL.....not very pleasing, but that got me going........

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add, I used the one on the Edius 5 DVD, and it is working on an OCHI system......

Comment

Got mine working

I got my DVCapture working with the version from Edius 5 installation disk. For some reason I had not installed this version when upgrading to 5. Now it works, thanks to all who gave tips.

T.

Comment

DVCapture Stops with File Write Error

Hi,

I have the same problem with DVCapture 1.10 & 1.11. Stops after 13 frames with File Write Error...

Could somebody help !!!!!!

Best Regards,

Abdul Samad

Comment

Originally posted by smtuh1969 View Post
                        Hi,

I have the same problem with DVCapture 1.10 & 1.11. Stops after 13 frames with File Write Error...

Could somebody help !!!!!!

Best Regards,

Abdul Samad
                        Same problem on my friends PC as well.
                        He updated the graphic card driver.
                        Tried DVCapture 1.09,1.10 & 1.11 but still no luck.
                        Using Edius 4.6
                        Only thing he can put it down to is a windows update.
                        Tried system restore but still no luck.
                        Tried capturing to other H Drives but same error message.

Any ideas please, thanks.
                        Last edited by tony; 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM.
                        Tony

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                          Same problem on my friends PC as well.
                          He updated the graphic card driver.
                          Tried DVCapture 1.09,1.10 & 1.11 but still no luck.
                          Using Edius 4.6
                          Only thing he can put it down to is a windows update.
                          Tried system restore but still no luck.
                          Tried capturing to other H Drives but same error message.

Any ideas please, thanks.
                          if the OS is Windows 7, this could be caused by the OHCI driver, in that case, change the driver to legacy OHCI driver by selecting from a list
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Hi Anton, his op system is win XP. He can capture through the Edius capture but would prefer DVCapture.

Thanks.
                            Tony

Asrock Z68 Extreme7 --i7-2700K --EDIUS 8.5WG--HDStorm+ --16GB Kingston HyperX--GTX 560Ti--AX850 PSU--MxM PCI-e Reader--Win 10 Pro 64bit

Comment

Installed a different DVStorm card and still getting File Write Error
                              Could a windows update have caused this.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks.
                              Tony

Comment

Update to above:

We just did a Acronis restore to a C Drive image from a while back, before the recent windows updates and DVCapture now works, so thats good news.
                                A windows update caused the problem.
                                We updated the graphic driver, would the MB need updated. any ideas.

Thanks.
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X