Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rsn108
    replied
    I've got an Asus c90s with a 2.66 desktop processor, and it handles Canopus HQ fine, up to 3 layers of video without trouble. The only problem is that it sometimes overheats and turns off when encoding in Procoder, but we are working on a way of keeping it cooler.

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    I have seen some laptop brands with buldin Esata.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    The chosen word there was (enabled). Sorry for the confusion, you do need both the slot and expresscard.

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    I am not aware of laptops that comes with eSata port builtin. You might have to use an eSATA expresscard to get that functionality.

Maybe the Asus G series comes with eSata port ... I have not taken a hunt for it lately.

Leave a comment:

• jimstamos
    replied
    i like the dells. have been editing on one for 2 years now. i cant see spending anywhere near 5k for a laptop much less a desktop.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    Hi Scott,

In general,

1) Yes,
    2) Yes,
    3) High end core 2 duo + 2GB RAM + Raid drive (get a eSATA enabled port)
    4) I doubt it.
    5) Not much
    6) SONY Vaio, HP

Spend what you can afford, the more CPU the better.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    started a topic Laptop for Edius 4.5

Laptop for Edius 4.5

Hi everyone, I am new to the board. I am looking for a desktop replacement laptop (PC not Mac) to edit with Edius 4.5 and have a few questions:

1. Can you edit HDV on a laptop in real time?
    2. Should I use an external raid 0 drive for the video files?
    3. What are the system requirements you would recommend for realtime editing of 3 video tracks.
    4. Some companies like Dell, Alienware, Sager offer the higher end Intel chips for their laptops. Will I have a problem with the laptop heating up and shutting down if I go for the fastest chip they offer?
    5. Does Edius rely on the video card at all? Is this an area I should upgrade in the laptop?
    6. Is there a specific laptop brand you like?

This laptop will be dedicated to editing so it will not be connected to the internet or have anything else I don't need loaded onto it. I currently shoot weddings in DV and will soon switch to HDV. It is easy to get into the $5000 range when you start building these laptops. Do I have to spend this type of $$?

Thanks,
    Scott
Working...
X