Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheFrank
    • Aug 2007

Custom Resolutions

Will future versions of Edius support customised resolutions? Of late, I've noticed a growing demand for multiscreen/multiprojector presentations that require non-standard resolutions. (Like a seamless panoramic wall made up of 10 720x480 screens) The videos are fed into Watchout software for use on multiple multimedia projectors. It's a pain to have to composite all of that on AE. It would be great if I could do all that from within Edius.

I also use Imaginate a lot. Will future versions support HD resolutions? I'd like to see Imaginate's functionality being integrated directly into Edius. I get flak from these smarmy FCP editors because I have to switch apps just to do the "Ken Burns" thing.
  • GrassValley_KH
    Mr Sparkle
    • Apr 2007

Independant resolution editing, and merging of 3D PiP and Layout Tool (essentially creating an Imaginate clone inside of EDIUS), are two features heavily requested - be sure to put in your vote in the existing threads in the Feature Request forum!

Comment

• Jerry
      • May 2007

Originally posted by TheFrank
      Will future versions of Edius support customised resolutions? Of late, I've noticed a growing demand for multiscreen/multiprojector presentations that require non-standard resolutions. (Like a seamless panoramic wall made up of 10 720x480 screens) The videos are fed into Watchout software for use on multiple multimedia projectors. It's a pain to have to composite all of that on AE. It would be great if I could do all that from within Edius.

I also use Imaginate a lot. Will future versions support HD resolutions? I'd like to see Imaginate's functionality being integrated directly into Edius. I get flak from these smarmy FCP editors because I have to switch apps just to do the "Ken Burns" thing.

Imaginate 2.04, I think that is the latest, already does HD resolutions. I use a couple of programs to do the ken burns effect. Actually, there isn't a single program available that can do everything perfectly. I still prefer multiple programs for my workflow, but I use multiple computers while doing a project.
      I would be afraid of a single program being so bloated with code that in order to use it massive computer resources would be required just to run it.
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Main System:: Azrock z690 Taichi, [email protected], 64gb ram, Lian Li Galahad 360mm in push pull, Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG case, 13 Lian Infinity fans, Win11 Pro , Corsair ATX 3.0 Gen 5 1200 watt PSU, Samsung 980 1tb boot NVME, 2-4TB Samsung 990 Pro's, 1TB Samsung SSD, 1-12TB Seagate Ironwolf, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black Edius X.

Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9.55, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

• TheFrank
        • Aug 2007

Will do. Lookin forward to it. Thanks!

Comment

• TheFrank
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jerry
          Imaginate 2.04, I think that is the latest, already does HD resolutions. I use a couple of programs to do the ken burns effect. Actually, there isn't a single program available that can do everything perfectly. I still prefer multiple programs for my workflow, but I use multiple computers while doing a project.
          I would be afraid of a single program being so bloated with code that in order to use it massive computer resources would be required just to run it.
          -Good Point. I still rely heavily on AE for effects and compositing. Lemme check out 2.04. Thanks!

Comment

Working...