X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRsupport
    replied
    Exactly.
    We must not forget that it is GV now and GV is in the DVD business.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    SR means well - he just doesn't want anyone to get into trouble for potentially breaking laws - you or us, no matter how cool the source material might be.

Glad you've understood my rambling/solution.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    probs w/ audio

SRsupport "Why don't you use your own footage to test ? " your question was useless in answering my specific question--better not to have bothered with such a lame repsonse.

GrassValley_KH--on the other hand, your comments and help were both apropos and reasonable, even your gentle warning. Thank you. I'll definitely look into the individual channels as the way to go here. And I will be more careful in the exposure and publication of rip info.
    Thanks,
    houdinihar

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    I should add, that while you're only using this particular DVD title as a test, be wary of copyright infringements. Particularly when posting publicly about them.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    The reason for the quiet dialogue, is because you're not hearing all the channels of the AC3 stream contained within the VOB.

If your import source uses more than two channels of audio (which in this case, it certainly does), you'll need to either select the specific channel you want to hear through your PC speakers (via the right-click properties window of the clip), or, you setup your timeline with six audio tracks, lock each on to a clip audio channel (because there will be six in the VOB), and finally, use the Sequence Settings->Channel Map menu to adjust the mapping of six channels down to two.

All sounds complicated, but with a bit of practice, it gets easier to do when dealing with 5.1 audio on the timeline - remembering of course, that the best practice is not to reexport that AC-3 audio when you are done (because you'll lose the prisitine 5.1 encoding/mixing already within the AC3 stream).

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Why don't you use your own footage to test ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    RE:Problem with audio from Heroes--Reply

I don't quite understand the Macrovision reply.
    As I said these files play just fine from the harrdrive through my DVD player onboard. If they play fine with the software DVD player what is Edius missing to allow equally fine playback?
    houdinihar

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    Welcome to Macrovision! You probably won't be able to do a analog capture as well.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Problem with audio from Heroes

Problem with audio from Heroes

I am using the Edius 4.5 trial and have ripped the files from my Heroes DVD just to have something to play with. The .vob's import just fine, but when I play them from the Timeline I after a render I get all the background audio and music clearly, but when the actors begin to talk, it is as if their voices are in the background somewhere speaking almost at a whisper. These same files play perfectly from my software dvd player on the computer with everything in perfect sync and equal loudness.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you,
    houdinihar
Working...
X