Add edits from XML import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add edits from XML import

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has a trick for adding edits to a rendered program clip so that I can apply color corrections? I have a program mixdown, and I have an FCP XML of that cut that comprises 560 odd edits.
    Of course I can just go through the timeline adding cuts at each dummy edit (from the XML import), but I wondered if I could trick Edius into adding the edits for me.

I can setup a fake multicam with the original XML edit and the flat program clip. This assigns Multicam cut points as markers but doesn't force the flat clip to conform the edits :( And I cannot export these markers either.

Another thought was to apply the edits to a nested sequence and insert the flat clip in the source seq, but I'm just shifting the edit copy problem to another sequence. I cannot force Edius to interpret the XML as a nested sequence. And the XML comes in with all of the source media names so I cannot trick it into applying the cuts to the flat clip...

Is there any way to copy edit points between sequences? Or does it have to be manual labor?
    Check out my blog
    and YouTube channel
Working...
X