Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting 60P from Edius.

Hello Edius Forum.

I'm having difficulty exporting 60P projects from Edius 8.5. Edius 8.5 is unable to export a 60P project using most of its codecs.

Does E9 have these same limitations, or is it capable of 60P exporting with most of its codecs, most notably h.264 and MPEG2?

Cheers,
    Dave.

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

Are you talking about 60p or 59.94p?
    Both terms are taken often similar to each other.
    Real 60p has not been specified by SMPTE.
    It came up by the sync frequency used by monitors.
    But I agree, it should be possible to break some of the specifications by manual modification.
    What are the desired formats?

Andreas
    Andreas Gumm
    post production / authoring
    PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
    Windows 7 Ultimate,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
    GV hardware: 3G Storm
    software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
    PC 2
    Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
    Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
    GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
    GV hardware: HD SPARK
    software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
      Are you talking about 60p or 59.94p?
      Both terms are taken often similar to each other.
      Real 60p has not been specified by SMPTE.
      It came up by the sync frequency used by monitors.
      But I agree, it should be possible to break some of the specifications by manual modification.
      What are the desired formats?

Andreas
      Hi Andreas.

I'm talking about 60FPS, probably like yourself I never shorthand 59.94 as they are two different things and it does lead to confusion (interpolation).

I appreciate that 60P may not be a proper SMTPE standard, at least for traditional transmission, although they themselves do also use the confusing term of using it as shorthand for 59.94 https://www.smpte.org/sites/default/...70-A1-2009.pdf

As you say, it was brought about mainly due to the sync frequency of monitors and has nothing to do with the traditional NTSC rate.

I agree with you and especially bearing in mind that more content is now watched on one form of a monitor or another, that 60P should be an option for export with most of Edius' main codecs. Also bearing in mind that 60P (60Hz) is the native frame rate/refresh rate of most modern monitors.

It's very restricting when Edius offers a frame rate for editing but you can't use that frame rate as an option for most of its output codecs, with the main two being h.264 and MPEG2.

While I do appreciate that Edius may be mostly used professionally for broadcast, where it's understandable that it would adhear to traditional standards. GV's own HQ/X codec is capable of going beyond the traditional standards as is Edius, which would seem to suggest that GV understands the need and use of none traditional SMTPE standards.

Also. Given that many other encoders can compress/transcode 60P with the likes of h.264 and MPEG2, that's why I'm wondering if Edius 9 is now capable of doing the same with more of its render/output codecs.

As for my desired formats, it'd mostly be h.264 as this is the most widely used codec in common use globally.

Cheers,
      Dave.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

In EDIUS 9 you can export to H264 @ 60p
        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
          In EDIUS 9 you can export to H264 @ 60p
          Hi Steve.

That's awesome, Thanks.

I think now would be a good time to try out 9. This would also help to avoid huge files in UHD.

Cheers,
          Dave.

Comment

Working...
          X