Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing with ADVC-55

Hi,
    I have Edius 9.2 and am using ADVC-55 to enable me to capture from VCR player and DVD player. My VCR and DVD players are connected to the PC through firewire and my driver is a Legacy driver. I have the presets registered.
    I have two problems:
    1. When I stop capturing the clip does not register to the bin.
    2. When capturing I always have picture but sometimes I have sound and at other times no sound.
    Hope someone can help.

does the firewire card have a Texas Instruments or VIA chip?

any other chip will fail

update to EDIUS 9.31 and provide screenshot of your device preset

also provide screenshot of system settings/application/capture
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Firewire Card

Thanks Anton,
      My firewire card does not have a TI chip. My card details are:
      IEEE 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (legacy).
      So should I buy a card with TI chip? Re 400 or 800 my ADVC-55 is six pin only. I think 800 requires 9 pin.

Gerry

Comment

Firewire Card, Device Pretet and pture CaSettin

Hi Anton,
        Atached; screenshots of Device Preset Settings and Capture Settings.

I don't think my firewire card has a Texas Instrument chip.

In Device Manager it is labelled as '1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
        Attached Files

Comment

Texas Instrument

Sorry Anton for a second reply to you.
          I have looked at the box which contained my firewire card and it does not have a TI chip.
          I had already updated Edius to 9.31

Comment

My VCR and DVD players are connected to the PC through firewire and my driver is a Legacy driver.
            Then you shouldn't need the ADVC-55 if the VCR and DVD player have IEEE1394 output.

If the DVD and VCR are connected to to the ADVC55 and it to the PC via IEEE1394:
            - Analog sources like VCRs often need a TBC to provide reliable capture.
            - The ADVC generally respects copy protection
            - Although IEEE1384 in theory allows multiple devices on the same chain, it probably should be dedicated to the capture only.
            - The profile in EDIUS must exactly match the source.

Comment

Working...
            X