Unable to import video portion of clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to import video portion of clip

I shot some footage on my cellphone and used Any video converter to make the file an avi and change the frame rate. When I go to import the file into Edius only the audio part will transfer. Can someone please help? I am using Edius 6

Thank you
    Lauri
    Using Edius 6

What codec did you use?
    Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Problem with cellphone footage Daddy help!

I have some cellphone footage 1280X720 with a frame rate of 30.308 that I need to integrate into my project. The problem is that no matter what I tried I am unable to play the footage smoothly as the frames are not blending correctly My project setting are 1920X1080 29.97p. I have tried changing the frame rate,converted the footage to avi with nearest frame and frame blending and no luck. Is there a solution or a work around for this? The footage just looks awful.

Thank you
      Lauri

Daddy are you around?
      Using Edius 6

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
        What codec did you use?
        I selected AVI for conversion
        Using Edius 6

Comment

Originally posted by lauri View Post
          I have some cellphone footage 1280X720 with a frame rate of 30.308 that I need to integrate into my project. The problem is that no matter what I tried I am unable to play the footage smoothly as the frames are not blending correctly My project setting are 1920X1080 29.97p. I have tried changing the frame rate,converted the footage to avi with nearest frame and frame blending and no luck. Is there a solution or a work around for this? The footage just looks awful.

Thank you
          Lauri

Daddy are you around?
          set the clip in EDIUS to nearest neighbor (Alt+E+field options)
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by lauri View Post
            I selected AVI for conversion
            Avi is a wrapper can you check what the codec is? The wrapper can contain data processed by different codecs.

You can use "media info" for example to analyze the file.
            Steve

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

I've never used Edius, but I'm sure there's a section with settings where you can find out what the problem is. Maybe some critical function doesn't allow the video track to load. If not, perhaps it's worth trying a different converter. You can use a youtube converter after you upload your video to your channel. In this case, the algorithm works a bit differently, so you will have a better chance of converting your video without losing the video track. Perhaps you lost some of the data because you've used different converters with the same principle of operation.
              Last edited by gowiththeflow718; 02-23-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X