Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very difficult to edit Yuneec Typhoon H PLUS UHD 50P files

Hello,

I use Edius 6, 7 8 & 9 and I have a lot of trouble editing UHD 50P files from Yuneec Typhoon H PLUS drones, equipped with a Sony 1 '' sensor. The flow is 100 Mps. I will have attached an example that you can download to see if you could analyze this type of codec.

https://we.tl/t-EaLlFjoshv

It is really painful, because VLC read it without worries with a processor work of 4%, Edius 9 asks between 16 and 20% with a 6950X at 4000 Hz and the buffer is at 1/250.

With a Panasonic file of my Gh5, 150 Mps, UHD 50p also, there is no problem, the reading is fluid and the buffer is 250/250.

To the Grass Valley team, thank you for looking if you could find a solution, I have been fighting for several weeks without good results.

Thank you

Oliver
    Edius6, 7, 8 & 9 WIN7 64 I7 6950X 4Ghz 64Go RAM 2400 Asus X99 GTX1060 6G Cinebench R15: 2100 www.fly-videom.com

I see the same issue with 4K footage from my Removu K1 gimbal camera that uses the Ambarella codec. Edius just won't play it in realtime even reducing the playback resolution in Workgroup. I just convert those files to HQX in the bin before editing.
    My System: Edius Workgroup 9.51 & 10.0, Intel I9-9900K 3.60GHz Liquid Cooling, MSI Z390-A PRO MB, 32-GB Mem, GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GPU, BM Intensity Pro 4K Card, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Thank you for that answer LewS. A pity qu'Edius do not want to provide a solution for Ambarella codec, especially that it also concerns DJI drones. I have more than 450GB of rushes in this codec I will not convert them ...
      This should not be complicated anyway, thank you for telling us a little more Grass Valley
      Edius6, 7, 8 & 9 WIN7 64 I7 6950X 4Ghz 64Go RAM 2400 Asus X99 GTX1060 6G Cinebench R15: 2100 www.fly-videom.com

Comment

Downloaded your clip and tried on my system, yes it struggles to play it. Convert to HQX for now I guess.
        8.53 Workgroup i7 8700K
        Win 10 pro, Intel Core i7 8700K, ASRock Z370 Extreme 4, 16 GIGs Corsair Vengeance 3000 Ram, Single SATA drives, Nvidia GTX 560.
        www.flykam.com.au www.wagscapes.com.au

Comment

Thank you for this confirmation wags, Ambarella codecs will invade the market, it would be a pity that Edius can not edit them properly, the planet is small for this kind of information ...

Edius Edit Anything ?
          Last edited by 65oliver65; 10-18-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Same issue on my system, it's not the first time I hear about these kind of codecs causing playback issues even on very fast pc's, personally I would either use hqxavi or proxies.

Comment

Do you think it's worth opening a ticket to get things done, or is the forum enough?
              Edit: the service I contacted advised me to apply directly to the forum ... so here, hoping that this progress.
              Last edited by 65oliver65; 10-18-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

How does it playback in Resolve or Premiere? Anybody tried that?
                Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
                2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
                Atari 400
                JohnFellersProd

Comment

it works well on Resolve, but I do not have Première

Comment

Hi Oliver,

The footage you have uploaded will require hardware acceleration from an Intel GPU.

We have downloaded your footage and can share the following.

It is important to check if "hardware decoding" of AVCHD importer setting is turned on.

If it is not playback will stop at one frame.

Our QA department used the following system in the tests:
                    Windows 10 / 64bit, Core i7-4770K, Intel HD Graphics 4600, RAM: 8GB.

When hardware acceleration was turned off we get a stop.
                    If it is turned on we can playback on stream of the 50p footage at full resolution.

If your system does not have an Intel GPU or the GPU is not up to par we recommend that you use the Resolution switch for playback a Workgroup feature and set it to 1/2 or 1/4.

So in our test we have concluded that playback depends on the specification of the system.

I attach a file in which you can see that we were able to playback the footage with a full buffer build.
                    Attached Files
                    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Hi Steve,
                      First of all thank you for your test and your answer.
                      I have no option to check "hardware decoding" of AVCHD import setting
                      I am using an Intel I7 6950X and a GTX1060 6G graphics card.
                      Why can I easily read Panasonic GH5 files in UHD 50p 150 Mbs?
                      Attached Files

Comment

If you don't have an intel GPU available you will need to lower the playback resolution to 1/2 our 1/4 as said in my previous post.

Gh5 files are H.264 which is a different compression/codec compared to the footage of the Yuneec.
                        Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                        EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyD View Post
                          How does it playback in Resolve or Premiere? Anybody tried that?
                          As soon a graphics card is helping out then you get realtime playback, Edius however is the only NLE that I know of that only can use the integrated processor graphics chip for acceleration purposes so if your cpu doesn't have that then you are out of luck. I also have resolve on my pc and it plays your file without an issue, with edius however I cannot even fill the buffer at 1/16 preview quality. Your file also takes such a toll on Edius that everything starts to react sluggish. Your only option is to convert to hqxavi or proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by noafilm View Post
                            As soon a graphics card is helping out then you get realtime playback, Edius however is the only NLE that I know of that only can use the integrated processor graphics chip for acceleration purposes so if your cpu doesn't have that then you are out of luck. I also have resolve on my pc and it plays your file without an issue, with edius however I cannot even fill the buffer at 1/16 preview quality. Your file also takes such a toll on Edius that everything starts to react sluggish. Your only option is to convert to hqxavi or proxy.
                            Thank you noafilm

Comment

Steve,
                              I do not understand everything, but I do not have the possibility to change the reading resolution. You have this option and it is not in the French manual, whereas I just found it in an English manual. I do not know how to activate it, I go to the menus, nothing. (my english is not very good, but i can not find ...) see picture please
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X