Needing help exporting MP4 files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help exporting MP4 files

We produce a 75 minute video every week in SD (old cameras) that's uploaded to our website. Our new web hosting company requires a MP4 file. I am looking for some advice on the best settings to use for this. I've experimented with some of the h.264 presets, and the final file is HUGE (usually in the 16 GB range) and I have to use Handbrake to get it under the 5 GB size requirements for our site. The final quality is marginal. I'm thinking that I probably have some settings that are just "not quite right". Any help here would be appreciated. I'm really not well educated on adjusting these settings so very detailed instructions would be good :-)

what pixel dimension and aspect are you making for the website?
    720x480 4:3 or 16:9 etc? are you editing interlaced or progressive?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Exporting MP4

We are at 720x480 @ 4:3. I am attaching a PDF of a screen shot of my settings. Under the "field order", I have UPPER FIELD selected. I see that one of the choices is PROGRESSIVE, but there is not one that says INTERLACED. Our graphic designer here thinks that it might should be INTERLACED??
      Attached Files

Comment

interlaced = upper field or lower field
        lower field is only used in the DV format, so avoid lower field for anything other than recording to a DV/DVCAM tape

1. fix your project setting audio and set it to 2 channel stereo and not 4 channel

2. export a Grass Valley HQX fine and load it to Handbrake

3. use the attached settings in Handbrake
        Attached Files
        Last edited by antonsvideo; 10-02-2018, 05:16 AM.
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Needing help exporting MP4 files

Thank you, Anton
          Your suggestions worked great! Your help to us over the years is always right on target!

Comment

Anton, you helped me so much thanks!!

Comment

Staxrip (2.0.6.0) allows you to set the output file size and match it perfectly.
              Výstřižek.JPG

Comment

Working...
              X