Edius Broadcast, 4.5 vs 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Broadcast, 4.5 vs 4.0

I recently downloaded and installed the 4.5 upgrade to Edius 4.0, and got the training DVD that Mike Downey made. I was disappointed to find that 4.5 ran significantly slower on my computer (XP, dual core, but perhaps marginal for Edius). The scrub slider in 4.5 worked fine, but the frame advance and frame reverse buttons hesitated and jumped badly. Also, on export, I couldn't fine the P2 clip plug-in option on the Print to File pop-up. Anyway, I uninstalled 4.5 and reinstalled 4.0 and it runs flawlessly. For me, 4.0 is much better at the moment.

Not enough info here to validate your conclusion yet...

Did you use the exact same project preset? The fact that you couldn't find P2 clip in the Print to File tells me you weren't, as the Print to File export options displayed depend on project setting.

Also, v4.5 introduces a new overlay (preview display) mode, D3D, which is graphics hardware dependent - so if v4.5 was using Direct3D mode, there's a possibility that your graphics hardware didn't support it well and made things slower. Try changing it back to DirectDraw.

Comment

Thanks for the help, Brandon. I'll try 4.5 again in a few weeks when I finish my current project. I'm using a Radeon x1650 video card to a Gateway 30" 2560x1600 monitor, so perhaps I'm already stretching my resources. I'll get back with what I find out.

Comment

Cool. Definitely finish what you're doing and get to a lull before you do anything configuration related! :)

Comment

Working...
        X