Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdtinker
    replied
    I must disagree. We have been using swappable cases for 5 years in 4 different computers. The problem is with my home computer not the swappableswable drive.
    tdtinker

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    What exactly is the h/w connector between the hot swap casing and your motherboard? Is it IDE (parallel) or SATA (serial)? Take a look at your hot swap casing pins (use a torchlight) and see if there is any damage? Check your cables between the hot swap casing and your motherboard. Are the connectors loose?

Generally, as a rule, most hot swap casings and normal hard-disks are NOT designed to be removed and plugged back in on a daily basis. You will wear out the connecting pins between the hard-disk and the hot swap casing. If you want to do that on a regular basis ... better investigate IOMEGA or some other solutions which are engineered for regular removals - such as an external USB2 or Firewire casing with the drive inside.

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    replied
    It is a basic, it shows up as the follwing in drive properties.
    WDC WD1200JB-OOVAO SCSI DISK Device

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Go to Control panel / Admin tools / computer management / disk management does the disk appear as "Basic", "Logical Drive" or Dynamic drive if it is other than Basic Windows could be interpreting it as a SCUSI?
    If it is other than Basic from memory it is not possible to convert back without loosing the data. But it is easy to go from Basic to any other configuration.
    This doen't help but may give an idea of the problem

Leave a comment:

• tdtinker
    started a topic HD drive problem

HD drive problem

I have a 2nd system at home with a removable HD. I have been able to bring dives from work (formatted as a basic HD) and work on them at home, but tonight when I put the drive in my system is seeing the dive as SCSI dive and the clips and project have problems running. Does anyone know how to make windows XP to see the dive as a standard dive? Using Edius 4.54.
    tdtinker
Working...
X