Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast1
    replied
    I've had a problem like this but rarely, maybe twice, I've had to trim the bad frame out in Scenalyzer, as once Edius hit the frame it was worthless, it didn't do it on all bad frames or frames with corrupted video.
    One or two frames missing in DV is very hard to notice.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Did you try the HQ format?

From what you have described you can lay these exact files in ohter NLE's but not in EDIUS without this problem.

Sounds like it could be two different things:

1. The video driver is not working well with the overlay - try upgrading the video driver

2. The DV codec is corrupted - Try the HQ format and see what happens.

I am doubtful on #2 because the exact same files are ok in other programs.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• mcity
    replied
    Same experience here

Me too have experienced the above said problem almost two years ago.
    It was a two cam edit and both cameras were Sony DSR 300 and the player
    was DSR 40p and edius version 3.01.After some hours of editing I experienced the above said problem and I found that almost all clip from one camera went wrong. But there were some clips playing well from the same camera while
    others went wrong.After a program restart all may be ok for a while but I couldn't edit for long. I tried exporting it as .avi from timeline but failed and tried procoder as stand alone to convert the files and that attempt too failed.
    I checked the tape again and re captured some clip again.No success. But I
    found that the time code in the tape was randomly displaying in DSR 40p.
    It (TC) went blank frequently.Again I captured it in another machine
    (RexRT Pro/ Premier 6.5) and it played well in premier.I brought the files
    back to Edius and it was the right move to complete the project in Edius.
    My understanding is the actual problem / data error was happened in camera shooot(recording to tape).But Premier could ignore that minor
    time code error and captured the video and audio well. I think Premier is not capturing TC from the tape. On the other hand Edius in its attemp to capture TC from the tape (which was not written properly in that case) along with video got the corrupted data/file error during capture.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    My apologies Fred I was meaning to agree with you but having re read my post I had become ambiguous too, made sense to me at the time but does not now.
    Best of wishes for the new year
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    Barry:
    I'm a bit uncomfortable that you did not understand my post. There's certainly enough missunderstanding in this thread already. You state "That is fine Fred I could not agree with you more, but I have never seen the problem as described so I can only put forward possible solutions to help the person become productive again." That's what my post said (although less eloquantly) to DJOZY. I quoted DJOZY's statement that we weren't getting to the bottom of the problem, and then explained why all of us were trying to give him alternative workflows to get around his grief. As a matter of fact, much earlier in the thread, I had directed him to your post describing the use of divide-clips-at-timecode-change in another thread. Later in this thread you also directed him to that same post of yours. I'm as frustrated as you that DJOZY seems so uninterested in the help we have offered. Guess he thinks this is GV CANOPUS Tech Support.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    It is interesting that you mention the DHR1000. I have a DHR1000 that when outputting to a Panasonic E15 DVD recorder( using iLink connection) sometimes causes problems. I had several standard sized tapes( DVCAM tapes recorded with DV format) that I wanted to make DVD from. I now capture these to PC then to DVD recorder with no problem!!!! These all captured to the PC OK and played back from Edius timeline to the recorder just fine. But would always cause problems with direct connection to the DVD recorder ( blue screens as if there was no signal, usually at high brightness scenes). Maybe the output from the DHR1000 is not meeting current specs. Stepping frame by frame on timeline or the tape on the DHR1000 did not identify any issues.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• gapmedia
    replied
    Hello djozy,

Unfortunately, I am not going to offer you a solution to your problem.

However, I wanted to add that I have experienced this exact same problem during a multicam project a while back that was a shot on Sony Digital Betacam and dubbed to a Sony DSR2000 DVCAM (onto miniDV tape to save cost) via SDI with matching timecode. This tends to make believe that it was more likely the machine used for playback, a prosumer DHR1000, rather than the tapes dubbed from the DIGI masters that was causing this corruption problem.

This project was done on my RT2 Max system.

I will have a look at the project again and see if I can avoid these corrupted frames by capturing from a different feeder machine. This may help to work out what causes the problem in some cases.

Have you sent any footage containing one of these corrupted frames to Canopus so they can take a look at it?

regards,
    Simon

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Barry,

I sympathise with you. We expedite time and energy typing well earned advise to folks we have never meet. It is very hard to do a remote diagnostic via text based medium. If the other party don't want to try something we suggest, that's fine with me.

If Djozy wants to wait for a fix to come from Canopus, sure - he can always do that. Firstly, Canopus must be able to reproduce the problem, and since the majority of us have never able to do so, I doubt Canopus will spend energy trying to solve only his/her problem. Secondly, we suggested ways to bypass his/her present problem - it might not be a proper software fix - but, it looks workable. At least, get around the bug first. Hence, the ball is now in Djozy's court.

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
    djozy:

"Sorry guys, you dont get to the bottom fo the problem."

Agreed, the behavior you describe could well be a fault in EDIUS. If it is, you need to prove that it is still present in the latest release, 4.54. Then you need to contact GV tech support and explain the bug to them. However, even if it is an EDIUS failure you need to continue working until it's fixed. Fixing such bugs in commercial software always takes a good deal of time. That's why the people here are suggesting ways to minimize the impact of this on your workflow.
    That is fine Fred I could not agree with you more, but I have never seen the problem as described so I can only put forward possible solutions to help the person become productive again.
    One suggestion has been to upgrade to 4.54 but it has been just by passed and not considered even though it is a FREE download / upgrade for 4.24, other questions have been asked like is Anti virus turned off but there has been no response, which makes me wonder where they are coming from

From the list of computers djozy is either capturing to the C: drive which can be a NO NO or to a USB2 drive which can work BUT if USB drives are used you can only have ONE USB drive connected at any one time, not even another sitting there switched off. I use them all the time with HDV from my lap top when traveling to get an idea of any additional clips may be needed ie doing a rough edit and then download to my main computer for serious editing when home.

If the USB drives become fragmented especially when nearly full then things go a little haywire but not as described, but then I haven't had a corrupt clip on a USB drive.
    I did have what I suspected was a corrupt clip and cured it by re capturing but it did not crash or corrupt Edius it just stopped playing when it hit the corruption and replacing the cursor either side continued playing. Edius has been so far the most stable NLE I have used.

Has any one else had this problem? so far no one has input to the forum which make me sus! as to where the problem is.

I have done a couple of projects for other people who have wanted the WHOLE tape put onto DVD without any editing but I have not changed any of my settings other than the project to do so.

I let Edius divide the WHOLE tape into clips, which would eliminate any corrupt parts of the tape.

Select ALL clips from the bin and add to the timeline in one move the same as if the whole tape had been captured to a single file.

This allows a quick elimination of BAD clips like 3 or 4 minutes of video of the ground etc even though the instructions are not to edit, it just makes for a better product and maybe the people will return.

If djozy followed this work flow the problem would not be there but I suspect that will not happen as he / she is convinced there is a real problem and does not seem to be interested in finishing the project.
    So far the problem is at his / her end, there have been no other concurrences so far!

What is causing it is clear it is right at the tape or capture stage where the problem is, the next problem could be with something which is on common to all their computers another piece of software, USB drives or fragmentation, or perhaps this is a new problem with Edius not so far found because of the way most of us use the program and do not come up against corrupt files.
    I certainly do not have any tapes that have this problem so can comment no further

There are have been a number of work arrounds to overcome the problem submitted on this thread but there has been an unwillingness to use any of these.
    "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink"

Sorry to be so rude but this thread has been quite frustrating
    Regards Barry

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    replied
    Just curious what would happen if you unchecked Stop Playback under Application Settings.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JimJulian; 12-31-2007, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    The screenshot looks like one of the following:
    1. Severe and constant DV data corruption due to...
      • corruption on DV tape (the saved data is corrupt, hence all transfers and everything else remains corrupt)
      • corruption during transfer (problem with FireWire port, cable or bus hardware)
      • severe disk fragmentation (data is fine, but doesn't reach the CPU in a timely manner so CPU can't decode the full frame content)
      • RAM error
    2. Decoding latency due to...
      • disk throughput problem (fragmentation or otherwise)
      • data throughput problem (anti-virus, other software conflicting)
      • lack of video acceleration

Leave a comment:

• Fred Dwyer
    replied
    djozy:

"Sorry guys, you dont get to the bottom fo the problem."

Agreed, the behavior you describe could well be a fault in EDIUS. If it is, you need to prove that it is still present in the latest release, 4.54. Then you need to contact GV tech support and explain the bug to them. However, even if it is an EDIUS failure you need to continue working until it's fixed. Fixing such bugs in commercial software always takes a good deal of time. That's why the people here are suggesting ways to minimize the impact of this on your workflow.

Leave a comment:

• djozy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
    Sorry one last question, has the computer been used for games one of the worst is the SIMS games that re arrange permanently the way the graphics card works and I have no doubt there are others, if that is the cast they may need some real professional surgery and finding someone capable is rare
    Barry
    You right I sould give you some information about few of my systems:
    System1:
    MB: Asus commando
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
    Ram: 2X DDR2 1024MB 800MHZ CL5 Kingston
    Display: ATI Radeo X1650 512
    Disks: System: 160GB sata2 + External USB2 drives

system 2:
    MB: Asus P5K Premium
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz
    Display: ATI Radeo X1600 pro 512 (driver 8.432)

system 3:
    MB: Asus P4P800SE
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.0Ghz
    Ram: 2X DDR 1024MB 400MHZ Kingston
    Display: ATI Radeo 9600 Atlantis 256(driver 8.411)
    Video: Canopus DVstorm RT

system 4:
    MB: Asus P5K Premium
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz
    Display: NVIDIA 8600GT 512 (driver 8.432)

All systems has the same problems.
    Last edited by djozy; 12-31-2007, 11:36 AM. Reason: Wrong colors

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Sorry one last question, has the computer been used for games one of the worst is the SIMS games that re arrange permanently the way the graphics card works and I have no doubt there are others, if that is the cast they may need some real professional surgery and finding someone capable is rare
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Bluetongue
    replied
    Originally posted by djozy View Post
    Whe i playback my So called Dropped frames, I have to restart my project which can take in heavy project 5-10 minnuts!
    There is a bug in edius which need to be fixed, and not the problem in my tapes.
    One question that comes to mind is how FAST is your fastest computer? for it to take that long.
    I have had bad frames but it has never stopped Edius from playing. Are you running XP, is windows FULLY up to date,
    are the chipset drivers the latest versions and above all are the graphics card drivers up to date?
    How full is the Windows TEMP folder?
    I have had Edius loose the overlay but that was due to an unsuitable graphics card.
    It could be the graphics cards are not suitable or have enough memory which then places a higher load on the CPU.
    There is a lot to consider rather than just blaming Edius, Video Editing puts a great load on a computer and anything that is not right up to scratch will cause problems. OK you keep saying Premier does not have this problem but I am sure it could just as easy have been the other way around, each program has its problems with conflicts, just because the program edits Video does not mean it is the same, Premier works in RGB space Edius works in YUV or for a better phrase in Vector space and that is why it is better at real time playback..
    It could even be another program that is conflicting with Edius, Have you turned off the virus checker before starting?
    You will note there is little help here as it seems this is not a problem others have had, the only advice we can give is how to avoid in the first place

Leave a comment:

Working...
X