No announcement yet.

serious problem, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSR-45 is definitely called DSR-45P here ... even in Singapore (Sony). Anyway, our model (DSR-25) is no longer in production. Let's hope Sony still keep spare parts for the VTR in case - one fine day - one h/w part decides to call it a day !!!
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

and to get back to the original problem, I do receive home user DV cassettes from time to time and so far the only problem I encounter is that all their audio is set to 32, I prefer 48

one time, a tape was that bad (picture dropouts) that I ended up capturing it via S-Video and it worked perfect then
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

To get back to tjozy's problem maybe the solution I posted here
        http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ead.php?t=4168
        will help by breaking the capture up on a drop frame and eliminating the bad frames.
        regards Barry
        Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
        GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
        Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
        Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Alternatively, S-Video approach will work just as well ... especially, if the clients aren't too particular with quality. DSR25 can play back in component as well - but, the capture card needs component input - which EDIUS NX lacks.
          TingSern
          Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

tjozy is using Edius as software only so would need to set two cameras up, one as a feed thru. That would work.
            Barry
            Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
            GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors

Comment

Originally posted by djozy View Post
              I searched this forum and i couldn't find any solution to this problem.

I have edius in 4.24 version in all computers.
              Hi djozy

This problem has nothing to do with Edius but all with consumer DV camera's and drop frames.

I also encounter this problem often as here in Malaysia many "professionals" use consumer level cam's.

The only way to solve your editing problem is to capture using an "analog conversion like "S-Video" input and not IEEE 1394, the camera will still drop frames but you have a solid file in your PC, this problem I also encountered while using Edius 3.62

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                Hi Anton,

A couple of things here.

I have never heard of DSR-25P ... only DSR-25 (which is the Sony tape deck I use here). My model has a switch that allows it to go either NTSC or PAL.

Secondly, I think the big difference between you and me versus those Isreali folks is that - we use high quality cameras (DV and HD) with high quality tapes. You are even using Betacam SP as well. Those Isreali people are capturing from those pop and mom's video cameras - it might not be their tape drives that is causing the problem ... but, the data might not be recorded correctly on tape in the first place. Poor head alignments, dirty recording drums, poor quality DV tapes, etc - are all to be blamed.

Djozy,

I also capture through Firewire port on the NX card - no problems at all.
                Sorry guys, you dont get to the bottom fo the problem.
                Maybe my vtrs and the cameras and the tapes are defective,
                That not a reason for edius to collapse until i restart it!
                I dont mind to see dropped frames, skip them and continue my work.
                Whe i playback my So called Dropped frames, I have to restart my project which can take in heavy project 5-10 minnuts!
                There is a bug in edius which need to be fixed, and not the problem in my tapes.

Thanks.
                - i7-7600 4ghz
                - 32 GB
                [/COLOR]
                - Nvidia GTX1080
                - BlackMagic Decklink Quad
                - Windows 10 64

Comment

Originally posted by djozy View Post
                  Whe i playback my So called Dropped frames, I have to restart my project which can take in heavy project 5-10 minnuts!
                  There is a bug in edius which need to be fixed, and not the problem in my tapes.
                  One question that comes to mind is how FAST is your fastest computer? for it to take that long.
                  I have had bad frames but it has never stopped Edius from playing. Are you running XP, is windows FULLY up to date,
                  are the chipset drivers the latest versions and above all are the graphics card drivers up to date?
                  How full is the Windows TEMP folder?
                  I have had Edius loose the overlay but that was due to an unsuitable graphics card.
                  It could be the graphics cards are not suitable or have enough memory which then places a higher load on the CPU.
                  There is a lot to consider rather than just blaming Edius, Video Editing puts a great load on a computer and anything that is not right up to scratch will cause problems. OK you keep saying Premier does not have this problem but I am sure it could just as easy have been the other way around, each program has its problems with conflicts, just because the program edits Video does not mean it is the same, Premier works in RGB space Edius works in YUV or for a better phrase in Vector space and that is why it is better at real time playback..
                  It could even be another program that is conflicting with Edius, Have you turned off the virus checker before starting?
                  You will note there is little help here as it seems this is not a problem others have had, the only advice we can give is how to avoid in the first place

Comment

Sorry one last question, has the computer been used for games one of the worst is the SIMS games that re arrange permanently the way the graphics card works and I have no doubt there are others, if that is the cast they may need some real professional surgery and finding someone capable is rare
                    Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetongue View Post
                      Sorry one last question, has the computer been used for games one of the worst is the SIMS games that re arrange permanently the way the graphics card works and I have no doubt there are others, if that is the cast they may need some real professional surgery and finding someone capable is rare
                      Barry
                      You right I sould give you some information about few of my systems:
                      System1:
                      MB: Asus commando
                      Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
                      Ram: 2X DDR2 1024MB 800MHZ CL5 Kingston
                      Display: ATI Radeo X1650 512
                      Disks: System: 160GB sata2 + External USB2 drives

system 2:
                      MB: Asus P5K Premium
                      Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz
                      Display: ATI Radeo X1600 pro 512 (driver 8.432)

system 3:
                      MB: Asus P4P800SE
                      Processor: Intel Pentium 4 HT 3.0Ghz
                      Ram: 2X DDR 1024MB 400MHZ Kingston
                      Display: ATI Radeo 9600 Atlantis 256(driver 8.411)
                      Video: Canopus DVstorm RT

system 4:
                      MB: Asus P5K Premium
                      Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0Ghz
                      Display: NVIDIA 8600GT 512 (driver 8.432)

All systems has the same problems.
                      Last edited by djozy; 12-31-2007, 11:36 AM. Reason: Wrong colors
                      - i7-7600 4ghz
                      - 32 GB
                      [/COLOR]
                      - Nvidia GTX1080
                      - BlackMagic Decklink Quad
                      - Windows 10 64

Comment

djozy:

"Sorry guys, you dont get to the bottom fo the problem."

Agreed, the behavior you describe could well be a fault in EDIUS. If it is, you need to prove that it is still present in the latest release, 4.54. Then you need to contact GV tech support and explain the bug to them. However, even if it is an EDIUS failure you need to continue working until it's fixed. Fixing such bugs in commercial software always takes a good deal of time. That's why the people here are suggesting ways to minimize the impact of this on your workflow.
                        Fred D
                        Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

The screenshot looks like one of the following:
                          1. Severe and constant DV data corruption due to...
                            • corruption on DV tape (the saved data is corrupt, hence all transfers and everything else remains corrupt)
                            • corruption during transfer (problem with FireWire port, cable or bus hardware)
                            • severe disk fragmentation (data is fine, but doesn't reach the CPU in a timely manner so CPU can't decode the full frame content)
                            • RAM error
                          2. Decoding latency due to...
                            • disk throughput problem (fragmentation or otherwise)
                            • data throughput problem (anti-virus, other software conflicting)
                            • lack of video acceleration

Comment

Just curious what would happen if you unchecked Stop Playback under Application Settings.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by JimJulian; 12-31-2007, 11:01 PM.
                            Vista 64 * Asus P6* Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz CPU * 12 gigs Corsair * Nvidia GTX 275 * WD 150 gig 10,000 rpm System drive * (2) Hitachi 750 gig Video drives * (2) WD 1 TB Video drives * HD Spark * Edius 6.02, Imaginate, Adobe AE, Photoshop, Illustrator

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
                              djozy:

"Sorry guys, you dont get to the bottom fo the problem."

Agreed, the behavior you describe could well be a fault in EDIUS. If it is, you need to prove that it is still present in the latest release, 4.54. Then you need to contact GV tech support and explain the bug to them. However, even if it is an EDIUS failure you need to continue working until it's fixed. Fixing such bugs in commercial software always takes a good deal of time. That's why the people here are suggesting ways to minimize the impact of this on your workflow.
                              That is fine Fred I could not agree with you more, but I have never seen the problem as described so I can only put forward possible solutions to help the person become productive again.
                              One suggestion has been to upgrade to 4.54 but it has been just by passed and not considered even though it is a FREE download / upgrade for 4.24, other questions have been asked like is Anti virus turned off but there has been no response, which makes me wonder where they are coming from

From the list of computers djozy is either capturing to the C: drive which can be a NO NO or to a USB2 drive which can work BUT if USB drives are used you can only have ONE USB drive connected at any one time, not even another sitting there switched off. I use them all the time with HDV from my lap top when traveling to get an idea of any additional clips may be needed ie doing a rough edit and then download to my main computer for serious editing when home.

If the USB drives become fragmented especially when nearly full then things go a little haywire but not as described, but then I haven't had a corrupt clip on a USB drive.
                              I did have what I suspected was a corrupt clip and cured it by re capturing but it did not crash or corrupt Edius it just stopped playing when it hit the corruption and replacing the cursor either side continued playing. Edius has been so far the most stable NLE I have used.

Has any one else had this problem? so far no one has input to the forum which make me sus! as to where the problem is.

I have done a couple of projects for other people who have wanted the WHOLE tape put onto DVD without any editing but I have not changed any of my settings other than the project to do so.

I let Edius divide the WHOLE tape into clips, which would eliminate any corrupt parts of the tape.

Select ALL clips from the bin and add to the timeline in one move the same as if the whole tape had been captured to a single file.

This allows a quick elimination of BAD clips like 3 or 4 minutes of video of the ground etc even though the instructions are not to edit, it just makes for a better product and maybe the people will return.

If djozy followed this work flow the problem would not be there but I suspect that will not happen as he / she is convinced there is a real problem and does not seem to be interested in finishing the project.
                              So far the problem is at his / her end, there have been no other concurrences so far!

What is causing it is clear it is right at the tape or capture stage where the problem is, the next problem could be with something which is on common to all their computers another piece of software, USB drives or fragmentation, or perhaps this is a new problem with Edius not so far found because of the way most of us use the program and do not come up against corrupt files.
                              I certainly do not have any tapes that have this problem so can comment no further

There are have been a number of work arrounds to overcome the problem submitted on this thread but there has been an unwillingness to use any of these.
                              "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink"

Sorry to be so rude but this thread has been quite frustrating
                              Regards Barry

Comment

Barry,

I sympathise with you. We expedite time and energy typing well earned advise to folks we have never meet. It is very hard to do a remote diagnostic via text based medium. If the other party don't want to try something we suggest, that's fine with me.

If Djozy wants to wait for a fix to come from Canopus, sure - he can always do that. Firstly, Canopus must be able to reproduce the problem, and since the majority of us have never able to do so, I doubt Canopus will spend energy trying to solve only his/her problem. Secondly, we suggested ways to bypass his/her present problem - it might not be a proper software fix - but, it looks workable. At least, get around the bug first. Hence, the ball is now in Djozy's court.
                                TingSern

Comment

Working...
                                X