No announcement yet.

serious problem, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect it has to do with the client's video camera's head alignment problems. A lot of consumer grade video heads aren't aligned correctly - thus, giving the problem of bad frames.

Djozy, can you try this experiment -

Try capturing the tapes using the client's own camera versus your DSR-11 tape deck. Sometimes I have seen the video head's alignment is so bad that no "properly aligned" tape decks can read it correctly. Only the original camera that recorded the clips can play it correctly.

Of course, if your issue is with EDIUS not handling bad frames correctly, then Glass Valley should respond to that.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
      djozy:
      Reading your description of this problem has been a bit confusing for me. Now that you explain that your clip DOES NOT play alright in Premiere, but rather drops the frame which concerns you, I think I have a clear picture. Is the following correct?
      1. You experience distorted individual frames in many clips.
      2. These distorted frames do not change in a specific clip, they are really specific distorted frames captured that way from the cameras.
      3. In Premiere these frames manifest simply as a dropped frame.
      4. In your EDIUS when playing the time line if one of these distorted frames is encountered, the distortion appears to carry over and the remainder of that clip plays in a distorted fashion.
      5. Stopping the playback and restarting clears up the distortion.

If the above is correct, we can conclude that your clients' cameras tend to record occaisional bad frames. Not a surprise particularly if we are dealing with consumer level equipment.
      Secondly, it seems that EDIUS is not handeling thse bad frames well. You might begin by upgrading EDIUS to the latest released version.
      Everything is correct eccepts part 5.
      Stopping and playing back the timeline does not solves the problem.
      restarting the project (file-open recent-last project...) solves it.
      - i7-7600 4ghz
      - 32 GB
      [/COLOR]
      - Nvidia GTX1080
      - BlackMagic Decklink Quad
      - Windows 10 64

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
        I suspect it has to do with the client's video camera's head alignment problems. A lot of consumer grade video heads aren't aligned correctly - thus, giving the problem of bad frames.

Djozy, can you try this experiment -

Try capturing the tapes using the client's own camera versus your DSR-11 tape deck. Sometimes I have seen the video head's alignment is so bad that no "properly aligned" tape decks can read it correctly. Only the original camera that recorded the clips can play it correctly.

Of course, if your issue is with EDIUS not handling bad frames correctly, then Glass Valley should respond to that.
        I cannot do this because I work with client who has meny freelance cameramen which have there own camera.
        It makes no sense that i get this problem on almost every project.
        - i7-7600 4ghz
        - 32 GB
        [/COLOR]
        - Nvidia GTX1080
        - Windows 10 64

Comment

I get the same problem exactly

DJozy!

I am also get the same problem here in all computers.
          There is no soulotion for this, i captured with or without canopus hardware and no change!!!
          I spoke with canopus in my area, they know about the problem and they have no solution.
          I THINK MAYBE IT IS HAPPENED ONLY IN PAL MODE!!!!
          I will be very happy to find a solution for this problem!! and to continue capture in DV mode without this annoying bug...

Thank You
          Eli Aviv

Comment

I have had this problem.
            I have Edius 4.53 and NXe hardware.
            The only soluton I found was to slowly move through the Timeline until I found the corrupted frame. I then removed this frame from the Timeline.
            Playback was fine after I had done this.
            System 1 - Win7 64/Edius 5.51/Asus P8/8Gb RAM/RAID0/i7 2600K OC/nVidia Quadra 600
            System 2 - Win XP/Edius v4.61/Asus P5 DH Deluxe/4Gb RAM/RAID0/Quad Core 2.4Ghz Q6600/nVidia 9800GT 512Mb/NXHD + other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Stereodesign View Post
              I have had this problem.
              I have Edius 4.53 and NXe hardware.
              The only soluton I found was to slowly move through the Timeline until I found the corrupted frame. I then removed this frame from the Timeline.
              Playback was fine after I had done this.
              I agree. That methode is working.
              But please. If there is any canopus technition that can solves this problem it will be very helpful
              - i7-7600 4ghz
              - 32 GB
              [/COLOR]
              - Nvidia GTX1080
              - Windows 10 64

Comment

Originally posted by eliabit View Post
                DJozy!

I am also get the same problem here in all computers.
                There is no soulotion for this, i captured with or without canopus hardware and no change!!!
                I spoke with canopus in my area, they know about the problem and they have no solution.
                I THINK MAYBE IT IS HAPPENED ONLY IN PAL MODE!!!!
                I will be very happy to find a solution for this problem!! and to continue capture in DV mode without this annoying bug...

Thank You
                Eli Aviv
                Does this problem only happened during capture or during playback with the clips on the timeline? I have never experienced this problem before - having being in PAL land for as long as I know. Now I am in HD - no longer in SD - so, capture from tape is a thing of the past.
                TingSern
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I have not seen this and I am in Pal country and I do use Edius 10 hours a day minimum and I capture mostly DVCAM and DV from DSR-25P and D1 from Betacam SP and D9

I use Edius SP hardware and Edius 4.54 software and I capture through the firewire connector on the SP card

maybe your problem is firewire card related? try another card in another slot, they are cheap

also, be sure to run a head cleaning cassette prior to capture (every once in a while)
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton,

A couple of things here.

I have never heard of DSR-25P ... only DSR-25 (which is the Sony tape deck I use here). My model has a switch that allows it to go either NTSC or PAL.

Secondly, I think the big difference between you and me versus those Isreali folks is that - we use high quality cameras (DV and HD) with high quality tapes. You are even using Betacam SP as well. Those Isreali people are capturing from those pop and mom's video cameras - it might not be their tape drives that is causing the problem ... but, the data might not be recorded correctly on tape in the first place. Poor head alignments, dirty recording drums, poor quality DV tapes, etc - are all to be blamed.

Djozy,

I also capture through Firewire port on the NX card - no problems at all.
                    TingSern

Comment

djozy:
                      Look HERE.
                      Fred D
                      Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                        Hi Anton,

I have never heard of DSR-25P
                        here is what my DSR-25P looks like
                        http://videocraft.com.au/cat/index.c...roduct_id=8640
                        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

It looks exactly the same as my DSR-25. And interestingly, Sony Singapore no longer sells that model anymore.

http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/bpp...MRecorder.html

It does come with a switch that allows it to go NTSC or PAL (according to your VideoCraft website) - so it is the same model as mine in that case.
                          TingSern

Comment

all models sold here have a P at the end, even cameras

it simply indicates that it was made for Pal with 220/240V 50hz voltage preset, but can be used for NTSC at the flick of a switch

I am sure it is the same as yours
                            Anton Strauss

Comment

Nope ... my model is simply DSR-25 ... not DSR-25P. That's why I was puzzled initially. This website is not Sony's but - a dealers ... and you shall see what I mean ....

http://www.exporters.sg/showroom_item.asp?id=29255
                              TingSern

Comment

there is a large silver sticker on the side of my deck and it also says DSR-25

so, DSR-25P maybe a Sony Australia description term? even the DSR-45 is called 45P
                                http://www.sony.com.au/production/ca...tegoryId=22300
                                Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                                X