Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD-SDI out put

Hi all,

I would like to buy the monitor Panasonic LH1700W and use HD-SDI input from this monitor. My NLE is NX card & Edius 4.52. Can I using that or I need to buy option like AJA, Multibridge Eclipse and they working out with Edius?

Thank you very much for your advice.
    Landon.
    Intel i7 3970X Six Core 3.5GHz - Window 7 64 bit - 32GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram - Nvidia GTX-680 2GB GDDR5 - Storm 3G - Edius 6.52.

The NX has component out and the monitor has component in, so this will be the way to go. Unfortunately, the only HD-SDI Out in the TGV world would be the EdiusHD:

http://www.canopus.com/products/EDIUSHD_DES.php

Comment

Originally posted by Landon View Post
      Can I using that or I need to buy option like AJA, Multibridge Eclipse and they working out with Edius?
      No, they will not work with Edius...but some people are using files from BM cards within Edius without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
        The NX has component out and the monitor has component in, so this will be the way to go. Unfortunately, the only HD-SDI Out in the TGV world would be the EdiusHD:

remember that in order for a TV/LCD or Plasma to display SDI signal, it needs to convert it into component RGB, so a monitor with HDI input has the advantage of single cable use versus 3 cables :)
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post

and that is like $ 30.000, isn´t it?

Comment

Wow! Keyboard and mouse are included! Wheee!
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Single cable is nice but component works great.

The full editing system with HD SDI and every other input you can think of is 16.999.00... about half what was said here. :)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post

Mike
                what I meant to say is that there is no advantage of HD SDI to a monitor versus component. other than the fact that you need less cables

picture quality is the same
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Picture quality is somewhat similar. SDI is digital (1's and 0's), component is analog.

But if your monitor has SDI why not use it? But as mentioned, you need the EDIUS HD turnkey for that.

Comment

If you want HDSDI output from an NX or SP you could always use a Component HD to HDSDI converter like this:-

http://www.holdan.co.uk/focus/mcsdi-1.htm

Comment

But for monitoring that makes no sense.

You are going digital analog digital.
                      I that case it would be better to go component.

Well if you monitor only has HD sdi that converter would make sense. :)
                      Steve
                      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I think the question at the end of the day is... Do you need HD-SDI to drive your monitor?

The answer is yes if your monitor only has HD-SDI input and not analog component.
                        The answer is also yes if you need to see timecode on your monitor, for whatever reason you can't use the EDIUS-generated overlay, and your monitor can't accept it via RS-422 or burn-in.

Otherwise, you don't need HD-SDI to drive your monitor. If you want it, then there are multiple ways but they're all expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Edipus Rex View Post
                          If you want HDSDI output from an NX or SP you could always use a Component HD to HDSDI converter like this:-

http://www.holdan.co.uk/focus/mcsdi-1.htm
                          That looks great. While people talk about monitoring (where component is easily sufficient) I need SDI to output to tape. This Box in the link above seems to do the trick. I don´t need it often enough to buy the full Edius box (even for the bargain of 16999). But such a box to output every now and then would do it for me. Did anyone ever try this?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post

The full editing system with HD SDI and every other input you can think of is 16.999.00... about half what was said here. :)

Mike
                            So the turnkey has dropped from $40,000 of 2 years ago to 17,000. I have to assume that the BOB is included in that price as well.
                            I feel for the guys who shelled out the full price.

Are you selling the card seperately? If so, what is that price?
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com
                            If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                            http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                            Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon View Post
                              Hi all,

I would like to buy the monitor Panasonic LH1700W and use HD-SDI input from this monitor. My NLE is NX card & Edius 4.52.

Landon.
                              I have the LH1700W right here. And I have the Canopus NX with component out as well. Can you tell me why you would want the SDI input for? The LH1700W can accept multiple inputs - you just tell the monitor which input you are interested in via the online menu. Basically, Canopus NX component out when displayed on the LH1700W looks really GOOD. The timecode overlay + audio level is also shown on the LH1700W upon playback. I can't see any justification why anyone will want to get the SDI option - unless you have some other purpose for it - such as to connect to a broadcast camera using SDI. Even then, you can leave the component input from Canopus NX connected - no problems at all. You can just switch the input sources via the menu.
                              Last edited by tingsern; 01-05-2008, 03:10 PM.
                              TingSern
                              --------------------------------------
                              Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
                              X