Urgent: none of my projects will open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: none of my projects will open

I have a serious problem here, today I notice none of my projects will open, I each time get a message: "cannot open project file, access denied (0x80070005)

The reason has to be a update to the newest version of windows 10 pro (version 1803 build 17134.48) that happened yesterday evening.

Anyone know what I have to do to gain access again to my projects, I also have a image from my operating system that I made few weeks back I can revert to but before I do that maybe there is another way to open my project files?

I figured it out, I found a similar problem in this forum where it was adviced to make a new administrator account which I just did and now I can open my projects again but all my configurations are gone, not only in Edius (which I can recover) but any windws tweaks are gone as well, sigh, I hate windows 10...

Comment

maybe there is a simpler solution, wait for a while for the Win10 users to respond, some may be in bed now
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I really want to continue to use my old windows account but for the time being I have access again to my projects which was critical as I have a deadline today.

Comment

I found another post with the same problem, will see if some if the suggestions will help to recover edius startup in my old account: https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/...+access+denied

Comment

maybe the EDIUS user preferences got locked by the Win update

go back to your Win user account and rename some folders to old while EDIUS is closed
            C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS rename EDIUS to EDIUS-old
            C:\ProgramData\Grass Valley\EDIUS rename EDIUS to EDIUS-old

restart EDIUS and these folders will get recreated and it may work
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I did the update and the only issue I've had is that my Raid 0 is not seen in the optimize and defrag panel.
              Jerry
              Six Gill DV
              www.sgdvtutorials.com
              If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
              http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
              Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                maybe the EDIUS user preferences got locked by the Win update

go back to your Win user account and rename some folders to old while EDIUS is closed
                C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley\EDIUS rename EDIUS to EDIUS-old
                C:\ProgramData\Grass Valley\EDIUS rename EDIUS to EDIUS-old

restart EDIUS and these folders will get recreated and it may work
                Thx, I"ll keep that in mind when my OS updates again, at this point I have used a image to restore my system I made beginning April before I updated to from edius 9.1 to 9.2, I had to because my pc didn't startup anymore now. I tried to start up the pc in safe mode to try out a setting I found of a microsoft forum but when I did that nothing happened anymore, not even the screen to get back into the bios so after a few restarts I was able to boot into the bios again and was able to run my image software: "reflect" and put a older image in place so currently I"m up and running again untill windows comes nagging about updating the os..

Comment

Glad you are up and running again. Kind of a mess. Must be that AMD chip causing all of the issues! :) Just kidding.
                  Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Windows allready is requesting to update to the new OS, I guess resistance is futile...

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                      Must be that AMD chip causing all of the issues! :)
                      I hope not :), with windows 7 you at least could turn off updates but with win 10 you can only delay.

Comment

Yes, the overlords have set the course for our computing. I just ask that they are kind to us.
                        Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

I don't tweak Windows 10 using Windows. I use UWT4.
                          I can disable the downloading of the updates which basically takes care of it for me. I do however, have them still active.
                          It's all in learning the OS and how to tweak it.
                          Disable Windows Update Downloads.png
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by noafilm View Post
                            I figured it out, I found a similar problem in this forum where it was adviced to make a new administrator account which I just did and now I can open my projects again but all my configurations are gone, not only in Edius (which I can recover) but any windws tweaks are gone as well, sigh, I hate windows 10...
                            There is a program out there you can buy it's called "windows 10 update blocker". Do a search.

Comment

When ever I get permissions problems I use the attached registry change. You install it and in Windows explorer you get an extra option on a right click "take ownership". You can do it to a folder or a file. It changes the permissions so you own the file.

If you get back in this situation again you could try this and see if it works. For me I have mainly had to use it after reinstalling from scratch.

I have not had the problem with Windows update that you have. Did you just let Windows update do it or download an ISO and install it manually?

Do you have a Microsoft account or a local one? On most of my machines I have a Microsoft account and that saves a lot of settings which is why I have maybe not had this problem. MS is getting quite "aggressive" about you having a Microsoft account in the latest update I have noticed.

The other annoying thing is that on install you can say no to practically every thing except the last question of "do you want to send info to Microsoft" to which you can only say "send everything" or "send basic stuff"
                              Attached Files
                              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                              X