No announcement yet.

Problems in registrations - edius -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tingsern: I can't reinstall WinXP Pro--my old computer died. It wasn't a choice to switch to Vista; the computer that was the right price and could handle my needs had Vista. Vista's here to stay.

pjsssss: I agree--I don't think GV intended to try to get people to buy an upgrade because of the OS either. I'm sorry if I implied that. However, if 2.5 stops working under Vista (which I did not know would happen, of course, when I purchased a new computer with Vista on it) and I can't "upgrade", then I would pay MORE for Edius 4.5 than I paid for my entire computer and operating system combined (yes, I did get a good deal on my system). Yeah, Edius 4.5 is probably worth more money, I'm not and have never argued that it is not, but that doesn't mean I can afford it. And, I paid for 2.5 and it seems like that ought to be worth SOMETHING, even just $50 for good PR.

Bottom line is, if there are others out there with Edius 2.5 (still a good program) who are running Vista, there is a way (see post above) to keep it running. Seems like a good thing to know.

2nd bottom line is, let's hope that the Vista service release solves some of these ridiculous problems.

Comment

Sorry - but I don't buy that. You can ALWAYS install your WIN XP Pro back in - just grab the device drivers for your new motherboard and what else ... and spend the next 2 - 3 days having "fun".

As an example, I brought my new Thinkpad T60 - it came with VISTA Ultimate. I tried loading Firefox inside - didn't work. Tried a couple of other programs - some were limping on one leg. So ... good riddance, VISTA ....

a) Downloaded 1.4GB of WinXP Pro device drivers and software for Thinkpad from Lenovo website.
      b) Format and repartitioned the Thinkpad's Harddrive.
      c) Install WinXP Pro from CD
      d) Upgrade all the device drivers from step (a) above.

Now - I have a perfectly nice and very fast OS (Win XP Pro) running on my Thinkpad T60 now. All the software works very nicely.

Of course it takes a lot of time and energy ... but it is NOT impossible.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Ok guys, time to take the opinions regarding Operating System choice, elsewhere.

Comment

I just talked with James at customer support at Grass Valley/Canopus/Edius and I have to say that tech support has been phenomenally helpful and very appreciative of customer loyalty. Kudos to them!

If you have difficulties, call customer support and they will do everything possible to get you going. Rarely have I received this level of quality, individualized support.

Thanks!

Comment

Heh, you picked up the phone and call them right? How about folks across the Pacific then? Time zone differences and IDD call .... just too expensive and inconvenient. I wished they accord the same level of support to emails as well.
            TingSern
            --------------------------------------
            Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

I received numerous support emails as well. If you're willing to spend days re-installing XP, I'll bet you could find a way to call tech support too! You seem pretty resourceful.

Comment

Can't register Edius 8

I have registered Edius 8 on the website, but when I have downloaded Edius 8 and installed it, and started Edius 8 for the first time, it then asks me to enter my activation serial number AGAIN. And upon having entered it, I receive a message that "registration failed". Despite the fact that I already have successfully registered it on "My Account".
                The end result is that I can not use Edius 8 AT ALL.
                Please help.
                Curt in Sweden

Comment

Working...
                X