No announcement yet.

Different catastrophic error on export issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have done total uninstall plus i have tried the 2 drivers before that as well no joy. It works 1st time after re start but subsequent attempts give catastrophic failure
    I cant find any earlier versions that are on their website to get me to earlier versions. May be a 1803 problem.
    I cant do any mp4 from edius either h264 or bluray and the plugin is very slow
    System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
    Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
    Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Hi John

I noticed that you are using the same Asus MB that I am using
      and after experiencing "catastrophic errors" I went back to the
      Intel driver 9.17.10.2828. I am sure that this will work as I have had no
      issues since it's installation.

If you are unable to fin this driver please let me know, and I can send it to
      you via We Transfer.

Comment

Thanks
        Do you have a link
        I have tried the only 3 that seems to be listed now at Intel
        My original Disk says OS not supported i guess its Win 7 only Its a PIA
        System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
        Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

At present i am having more luck with 10.18.10.4252
          This so far will produce a file in mp4 however if i repeat thew encode using the previous settings it will give the error.
          If i re build the export settings it will work again
          I havent got your suggestion to work yet as i get a message tha the pc does not meet the minimum specifications. I saw this message many years ago too far back to remember what caused it

Are you using Win 10

Comment

Hi John

Please send me your email address to:-

[email protected]

I will send you the Intel Drivers that you require.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the link you sent
              When the file is extracted it shows Driver as attached which is the same as the one i mentioned in Post 19. This gives the most stable results for me with only a very occasional error and mainly occurs when creating an mp4 XAVC files i only just started using XAVC

The We Transfer File just arrived
              Attached Files
              Last edited by John Lewis; 06-05-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Intel Driver v 9.17.10.2828

Hi John

That's very weird as I have just checked my driver and it is 9.17.10.2828.
                I transcode xavc to h264 all the time and yes, I was getting the error, with
                the driver you are using, and now with the above driver, absolutely no errors.
                I did manage to send you the driver also via "we transfer". Please confirm that
                you have received the driver.

Comment

Yes thanks i edited previous post
                  Are you using win 10
                  Maybe as its a win 7 and 8 driver 19 sees it differently. I was also puzzled thats why i posted screenshot. The one i found yesterday was the same

Comment

Intel Driver v 9.17.10.2828

Herewith jpeg of Intel Driver
                    Attached Files

Comment

Windows 7 with service pack updates but have switched off automatic window
                      updates.

Comment

I tried windows 7 caddy a couple of days ago and it didnt have the problem

Comment

Three years later and I'm still having this issue. Pulling my hair out since all solutions from the past 10 years are not helping and I don't have time to spend hours just to export a file. Goodbye Edius. I'm moving to Devinci (I actually moved a few months ago already - just finalizing old Edius projects). Thank you everyone for your support over the past 14 years. It was nice knowing you all.
                          Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

I have never had a single export failure with EDIUS 9, however I do not use the built in H264 exporter as I get better results with Handbrake

which exporter did you have issues with?
                            Anton Strauss
                            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                              I have never had a single export failure with EDIUS 9, however, I do not use the built-in H264 exporter as I get better results with Handbrake

which exporter did you have issues with?
                              I'm using the Edius exporter with QS.

I know I have an old computer (almost 8-years old) but I can't blame the computer because it still works like a horse - 0 issues.
                              By the way, yesterday, the simplest solution (which I should have tried first) was to restart the computer. After that, all exported fine.
                              However, I am still pissed. Why? Because Edius WAS able to render the timeline but would still get the error, even though I was exporting the rendered files on the timeline. So I was thinking if you can render it (which exports files!) why can't you export it to H264?

Then I noticed that at export, Edius WAS exporting partial files until the error. So I imported the partial files and tried to export the "holes" in the timepline. These holes would also start exporting to good partial files again, until the next catastrophic error. I keep on doing this, exporting bits at a time until all my holes were filled with good exported files, which made up the entire timeline. THEN I added all of these bits and parts to the timeline to render a final movie. Now, you'd think, these are H264 files that Edius exported already, so it should now be able to export them without errors... but no, got the same catastrophic error. Even when I added these files to a new project and tried to export them, the same error.

Restarting the computer solved it this time but I've had this issue before where restarting didn't help. So each time I'd have to try different things. Too time-consuming.
                              Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

sorry, it appeared as a new thread to me, now I realize this thread has been going on for a while

btw, the EDIUS 9.54 H264 exporter without QS (PC speed dependent) is almost as fast as when using QS and the quality is better

with PC as in my signature, it takes 12min to export a 1 hour HD timeline to H264 without QS

and with EDIUS X WG it also takes 12min but I can continue editing while it is exporting (not possible with 9)
                                Anton Strauss
                                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X