Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Volunteers for "Disk Too Slow" Testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveG
    replied
    Disk too slow error

I have hads the same error report. Difference for me is it only started happening after I upgraded to Edius 4.6. I can't downgrade as I only have the one machine and don't have the time.

I have run a BBellarc check at the request of support who have also kindly submitted my report for analysis.

I'll let you know what comes back.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    Unplugging USB devices .......... Come to think of it, it often does stop capturing when even a USB pendrive is added or removed when not using the safe removal.

A while ago I have downgraded my IEEE1394 drivers from SP3 back to SP1, not sure if this is / can be related to the disc too slow error, but now looking back at both my systems, it never happens anymore (it did, not frequently, but it did on my main system)

The down grade of drivers was audio related (multi channel HD) as since SP2 & SP3 for some reason Microsoft had capped the transfer rate to 100 Mbps, now it's back at 400/800.

Most likely this has nothing to do with the disc too slow error, but as GV / Canopus engineers have yet to find the cause I thought to mention it, as it can never be wrong to look in unexpected places ..............

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Originally posted by tuyle View Post
    I think the external drives caused the "Disk Too Slow". Lately I removed (unplug the cables to computer) all external drives (USB and/or eSata). I captured ... 4 projects (8 124min tapes) without any error.
    That's strange... listen to this.

All my drives are Seagate (external & built in). I captured three tapes totalling 11 hours to external drive in cooler master enclosure, with one "disc too slow error". Then I captured a different tape, 1 hour and 15 minutes in length, to my internal Raid drive. I had 2 "disc too slow errors" and a couple of fragmented files. I then captured the same tape again to my external drive in a Macally enclosure, with no errors.

I guess what works for you, doesn't work for me and vice versa.

Ted
    Complete Video Image Productions

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak
    replied
    My secondary system is running with 4 of those GREEN WD 1Tb drives, and have not encountered the "Disk to slow message" yet.

That the drive speed is "variable" is new to me, does this also happen when you have changed all of windows xp power scheme to OFF, meaning no power saving on whatsoever at all, and HDD spin full speed, all the time ?

Leave a comment:

• swsw1550
    replied
    I was reading a bit about some of these new HD called Green drives ect, if you or anyone is using these drives they say that they are rated between 5200 rpm and 7200 rpm, I don't know how true this is but I run an Adaptec 5805 raid card and they do not recommend these types of drives. Anyway it is just a thought.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• wael
    replied
    try this way

this massage comes to me always so you have followthis options

1 restar your computer and convertor
    2 try to use the other hard insted of the past
    3 try to do this many time then you will pass

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    I have a feeling that it has to do with motherboards on-board-RAID-controller and new overlay (started at ver.4.5)
    mike

Leave a comment:

• johannesj
    replied
    I have been trying to get this error for some time now
    I tested analog and dv to one HD (non raid) did this on two desktop and a laptop, i normaly use raid on my systems, this was just for testing.
    Tested on single hd, external and internal sata. capturing 2oh 30min from vhs and dv.
    I used Edius 4,54, Edius sp on one system and ohci card on other system and laptop for this.
    Did not get this error.

I did get this error fiew times when i was using Edius 4.x with RexRT som time a go.

my best
    Johannes

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Originally posted by tuyle View Post
    I think the external drives caused the "Disk Too Slow". Lately I removed (unplug the cables to computer) all external drives (USB and/or eSata). I captured ... 4 projects (8 124min tapes) without any error.

I'm capturing to an 800gb raid drive internal - I even totally cleaned it out and had nothing on it - with no external drives turned on and it happens to me.
    Last edited by skier-hughes; 01-15-2008, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    Well that is what I'm trying to say, vhs deck always has bad timebase, that could trigger the error message and stop capturing, that is why I suggested that he should route the signal to a dv camera, and then output from the camera firewire to Edius and not using the analoge input of Edius since I'm pretty sure it does not have timebase corrector.

It happens to me if I'm using vhs through analogue input on front bay or dv from my canon minidv cam through front or rear firewire.

Today I have my old edius icon on the quick launch toolbar and I've captured 2 hours and now it's on 40 mins of another tape without a problem, both vhs from the same player.

Yesterdays problem came about when using my minidv cam and firewire.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Just_Edit
    replied
    One of my client experienced this error too after upgrading to v4.54 using the NX Express card. The system is QuadCore 2.4Ghz, with Seagate 500GB SATAII NS as video drive capturing SD from a Sony MiniDV camcorder. It was perfectly fine when he was using v4.13. System is a dedicated editing suite with no network connection, extra softwares except ones come with Canopus. No external USB/Firewire drive, and defragging the drive didn't make a difference.

The interesting part of all this is that the video part of the capture stopped but the audio part was still going. Maybe this really has something to do with the video timebase tracking.. I asked him to switch to a Panasonic MiniDV and see if anything changes.. will keep you all posted.

Leave a comment:

• tuyle
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    I've been trying to get this error so I can reproduce it, but no avail on 3 different computers...maybe it has something to do with external storage...

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
    We are trying to figure out why it is happening :)

Mike
    Well that is what I'm trying to say, vhs deck always has bad timebase, that could trigger the error message and stop capturing, that is why I suggested that he should route the signal to a dv camera, and then output from the camera firewire to Edius and not using the analoge input of Edius since I'm pretty sure it does not have timebase corrector.

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    As a follow up to this problem, I've been trying to find out what happens and when.

I turned off indexing services etc. as suggested
    I also had the audio mixer up, so got rid of that.

No difference, it sometimes tells me it's too slow, sometimes it doesn't.

But, for some reason, and I have no idea why this happens or whether it plays any part in this, but......

When it goes ok the Edius icon in the Quick Launch toolbar across the bottom looks like an English football in green and white.

When I have problems the icon looks like the new GV triangle.

The icon on the desktop is the new GV triangle, all the time.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I've captured another 6 hours of vhs, one was 3hrs 24 mins in one go, without any further errors - capturing to an internal raid, with no ext hdd's turned on - confused!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X