Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Volunteers for "Disk Too Slow" Testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you will be able to mix DV and D1

D1 4:3 with HQ codec will give you best VHS quality

however, I am concerned about this "disk too slow" error going around, I am sure the error has nothing to do with the disk and maybe an incorrect Japanese translation

I have not experienced the error yet
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      yes you will be able to mix DV and D1

Thanks

D1 4:3 with HQ codec will give you best VHS quality

I'll give it a try on the next tape and see.

however, I am concerned about this "disk too slow" error going around, I am sure the error has nothing to do with the disk and maybe an incorrect Japanese translation

I have not experienced the error yet

Lucky you :)
      35 mins in to the tape and still ok now!!!!!

Graham
      www.myvideoproblems.com
      Microsoft MVP in Digital Media

Edius 4.61, NX Express, xp sp2

Comment

Well since the 2nd reboot I have now captured another 5 hours of vhs, to dv50i as I was doing without a hitch!!!!!????????
        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

For all intents and purposes, "Disk too slow" really means "Something interrupted the capture process and we stopped before dropping a frame."

Comment

My video machine is just that, doesn't connect to the net, has no unneccessary software installed or running, so why should it have an interuption?
            Why hasn't it had an interuption with the earlier version of Edius and all the times I used it with premiere?
            www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Check for things like the Disk Indexing Service, which is on by default for all volumes, and which will cause problems in time-sensitive processes.

In Windows Explorer, go to My Computer, select a volume, bring up the Properties, and make sure that the "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk" checkbox is turned off. Apply the changes, indicate that you want this attribute to be applies to files and folders, and repeat this for other volumes.

The space occupied by the indexes can be reclaimed using the Disk Cleanup utility. You can also disable the service itself if you wish using the Services applet in Control Panel (under Administrative Tools).

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
                For all intents and purposes, "Disk too slow" really means "Something interrupted the capture process and we stopped before dropping a frame."
                If he capturing from a VHS deck that does not have timebase corrector, that could also screw up and get that error, might want to route it through a dv camera or deck first before going into Edius.
                I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

We are trying to figure out why it is happening :)

Mike

Comment

I've been trying to get this error so I can reproduce it, but no avail on 3 different computers...maybe it has something to do with external storage...

Comment

I've captured another 6 hours of vhs, one was 3hrs 24 mins in one go, without any further errors - capturing to an internal raid, with no ext hdd's turned on - confused!!!!!
                      www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

As a follow up to this problem, I've been trying to find out what happens and when.

I turned off indexing services etc. as suggested
                        I also had the audio mixer up, so got rid of that.

No difference, it sometimes tells me it's too slow, sometimes it doesn't.

But, for some reason, and I have no idea why this happens or whether it plays any part in this, but......

When it goes ok the Edius icon in the Quick Launch toolbar across the bottom looks like an English football in green and white.

When I have problems the icon looks like the new GV triangle.

The icon on the desktop is the new GV triangle, all the time.

Graham
                        www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_MD View Post
                          We are trying to figure out why it is happening :)

Mike
                          Well that is what I'm trying to say, vhs deck always has bad timebase, that could trigger the error message and stop capturing, that is why I suggested that he should route the signal to a dv camera, and then output from the camera firewire to Edius and not using the analoge input of Edius since I'm pretty sure it does not have timebase corrector.
                          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
                            I've been trying to get this error so I can reproduce it, but no avail on 3 different computers...maybe it has something to do with external storage...
                            I think the external drives caused the "Disk Too Slow". Lately I removed (unplug the cables to computer) all external drives (USB and/or eSata). I captured ... 4 projects (8 124min tapes) without any error.
                            Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
                            Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
                            Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

One of my client experienced this error too after upgrading to v4.54 using the NX Express card. The system is QuadCore 2.4Ghz, with Seagate 500GB SATAII NS as video drive capturing SD from a Sony MiniDV camcorder. It was perfectly fine when he was using v4.13. System is a dedicated editing suite with no network connection, extra softwares except ones come with Canopus. No external USB/Firewire drive, and defragging the drive didn't make a difference.

The interesting part of all this is that the video part of the capture stopped but the audio part was still going. Maybe this really has something to do with the video timebase tracking.. I asked him to switch to a Panasonic MiniDV and see if anything changes.. will keep you all posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
                                Well that is what I'm trying to say, vhs deck always has bad timebase, that could trigger the error message and stop capturing, that is why I suggested that he should route the signal to a dv camera, and then output from the camera firewire to Edius and not using the analoge input of Edius since I'm pretty sure it does not have timebase corrector.

It happens to me if I'm using vhs through analogue input on front bay or dv from my canon minidv cam through front or rear firewire.

Today I have my old edius icon on the quick launch toolbar and I've captured 2 hours and now it's on 40 mins of another tape without a problem, both vhs from the same player.

Yesterdays problem came about when using my minidv cam and firewire.

Graham
                                www.myvideoproblems.com

Comment

Working...
                                X