Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DV-Raptor Windows 64 Drivers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DV-Raptor Windows 64 Drivers

    Hi all

    Where i will find DV-Raptor drivers for windows 64 Pro ?

    Thanks
    Nikos

  • #2
    Sorry, you will never get them.
    DVRaptor has been unsupported for a long time now, and has never worked with EDIUS. Therefore this thread is off-topic as well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry, you will never get them.
      DVRaptor has been unsupported for a long time now, and has never worked with EDIUS. Therefore this thread is off-topic as well.
      __________________
      -- Brandon
      I am not in Technical Support. I'm not Branden.
      If you have an urgent need for support, please contact GV support directly!
      Private Messages for support will be ignored and deleted.

      That is not true,

      I'm using a DVRaptor board with Edius v4 and it works perfectly ok...(not on Windows 64 though)
      Aristotelis Bafaloukos
      Systems Engineer, Video Editor, 3D Artist
      BEng (Hons), MSc, MBCS

      Ctrl+Alt+Delete

      Comment


      • #4
        DVRaptor-RT2 is supported in EDIUS, but the original DVRaptor and DVRaptor-RT are not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, DVRaptor RT2 is a perfect solution to work with Edius 4.x if you are takling about DV footage.
          And do not look for ANY- card 64 bit drivers! I got new NX Express a week ago, registered it on my name and went to driver section on Canopus WEB site. Now is the funny part- I got my card with EDIUS v 4, but the latest driver in download section for this new card is ...for Edius v.3!!!!
          I believe you have to wait about 5 years to see 64-bit drivers for edius hardware...
          Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mike0130 View Post
            Now is the funny part- I got my card with EDIUS v 4, but the latest driver in download section for this new card is ...for Edius v.3!!!!
            And that's correct - the drivers for EDIUS v4.x are now bundled into the distribution of the software itself. So whenever you download any EDIUS software update, the relevant drivers and firmware come with it.

            It's a nightmare keeping a separate package up-to-date.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
              And that's correct - the drivers for EDIUS v4.x are now bundled into the distribution of the software itself. So whenever you download any EDIUS software update, the relevant drivers and firmware come with it.

              It's a nightmare keeping a separate package up-to-date.
              ok i have the DV-Raptor RT2 with Edius 4.0 update to version 4.24 but the card not work on Windows XP Pro 64.

              On windows Xp pro 32 the DVRaptor board with Edius v4.24 work perfectly.

              I believe that it is not possible determines the company in the user most functional will select to work...

              Comment


              • #8
                There are no 64-bit drivers for DVRaptor-RT2, nor are there any plans to make any available.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
                  There are no 64-bit drivers for DVRaptor-RT2, nor are there any plans to make any available.
                  :( ok thanks...

                  but when i bought six (6) licenses for Edius 3 and 2 DV-Raptor RT2 from your reseler in Greece, he didn't told me than i could not choose any opereting system i want to work.

                  Also Edius 4 it is not work with Windows Vista 32-bit!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    EDIUS (essentially all versions and products) is only currently supported on the 32-bit Windows XP platform.

                    Support for Windows Vista is being worked on. It is uncertain at this stage which versions of EDIUS software will be supported (most likely 1.x - 3.x will not be supported).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Edius 4 works on Win 64 but not the NX card. And I'm not holding my breath for Win 64 or Vista because I would surely suffocate.

                      I use Win 64 for After Effects quite successfully inasmuch as it can bring more RAM. It's a pity that Edius has been so slow in bringing on board the 64 bit support for the NX, and also 5.1 edit/output, which I need.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by alfatel View Post
                        :( ok thanks...

                        but when i bought six (6) licenses for Edius 3 and 2 DV-Raptor RT2 from your reseler in Greece, he didn't told me than i could not choose any opereting system i want to work.
                        Your research should have shown you that NONE of the Edius cards worked with Windows 64bit. Also, when you purchased I am sure you were told that it ran on Windows XP pro. What I am saying, is do not buy products based on
                        'vaporware' or what might be, but what you need at the time of purchase. Many of us have Rex, and Storm units that will also be excluded from the 64 bit platform. Consequently, you must keep in mind, that a company who bought the software for current products (GV) is not going to invest money into a legacy product. There was talk of new cards at NAB this year that are coming down the pipeline. These will be the cards that will, more than likely, be supported in Vista 32 and 64bit versions. I too am interested in a 64bit solution. But, getting software to work on all processing cores available would be of greater interest to me.

                        I would expect the cutoff to be the NX and SP cards.
                        Jerry
                        Six Gill DV
                        www.sgdvtutorials.com
                        If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

                        Vistitle YouTube Channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

                        Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                        http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf


                        Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                        Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                          Your research should have shown you that NONE of the Edius cards worked with Windows 64bit. Also, when you purchased I am sure you were told that it ran on Windows XP pro. What I am saying, is do not buy products based on
                          'vaporware' or what might be, but what you need at the time of purchase. Many of us have Rex, and Storm units that will also be excluded from the 64 bit platform. Consequently, you must keep in mind, that a company who bought the software for current products (GV) is not going to invest money into a legacy product. There was talk of new cards at NAB this year that are coming down the pipeline. These will be the cards that will, more than likely, be supported in Vista 32 and 64bit versions. I too am interested in a 64bit solution. But, getting software to work on all processing cores available would be of greater interest to me.

                          I would expect the cutoff to be the NX and SP cards.


                          Very true words of wisdom. I am reminded of the chewing gum commercial where the management is laughing about an employee saying that if their gum last so long won't it hurt sales? Just as they start laughing the power shuts down and production grinds to a halt.

                          I met SEVERAL folks at NAB that were still using the RexRT with Edius and were totally happy.

                          That technology is over 10 years old!!! In most companies you would have had to up grade the hardware 3 or 4 times to keep up with the latest software!!

                          But all things do come to an end sooner or later. I am GUESSING that you are correct here about the hardware that is older then the NX.

                          It wouldn't make a lot of sense to create all new drivers for hardware that has been discontinued... some of it for years.

                          I still have two Storm and one RexRT computers that have worked for me for years and I have gottem MORE value out them then I ever payed for them.


                          While I am not in the know about what is going to happen when the hardware 64bit drivers are released I do do know this.

                          I have gotten what I payed for and then some out of the cards I have right now. :)


                          Mike

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                            Your research should have shown you that NONE of the Edius cards worked with Windows 64bit. Also, when you purchased I am sure you were told that it ran on Windows XP pro.
                            Actually that's not true. It gets sold as (and I quote directly from the Canopus products page):

                            Supporting Windows® and Mac OS®, ADVC300 is compatible with all widely used video editing applications including Grass Valley EDIUS,
                            Final Cut Pro®, Avid Xpress® DV and Adobe® Premiere® Pro.
                            This means it should support ALL Windows variants, including XP x64!
                            Minimum System Requirements:

                            Windows PC

                            * Windows® 2000 (requires Service Pack 3 or higher), Windows® XP Home or Windows® XP Professional (requires Service Pack 1 or higher)
                            * DirectX 8.0 or higher
                            Again: No mention of 32 bit OR 64 bit, meaning it should work in Windows XP Pro x64 edition.

                            I agree with the topic starter. Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition released on April 25, 2005 by Microsoft is a variation of the typical 32-bit Windows XP operating system for x86 personal computers.

                            Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is based upon Windows Server 2003 SP1 (build 5.2.3790.1830), as that was the latest version of Microsoft Windows during the operating system's development, but takes Windows XP as its name. It is designed to use the expanded 64-bit memory address space provided by the x86-64 architecture.

                            Advantages

                            * Can address more than 4GB memory, most new motherboards support 8GB now
                            * Is immune against 32bit viruses as most windows files are 64bit
                            * Uses the Windows Server 2003 Kernel, one of the most stable
                            * Faster encoding/decoding of audio/video when using 64bit compiled programs
                            * Has access to the extra registers of the x86-64 architecture

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Meow View Post
                              Actually that's not true. It gets sold as (and I quote directly from the Canopus products page):

                              . . .

                              This means it should support ALL Windows variants, including XP x64!

                              . . .

                              Again: No mention of 32 bit OR 64 bit, meaning it should work in Windows XP Pro x64 edition.
                              surely you jest, meow

                              anyone who buys 64-bit windows knows tons more than enough to know that software supports that OS only if the software specifically says so

                              as the cow might say to the cat, "it's a whole different animal"
                              Last edited by T-Bone; 06-05-2007, 01:53 PM.
                              Harris
                              edius pro 8.2, win10 pro x64, i7 5930K @ 4.4 on asus X99-A usb3.1, corsair h100i gtx with noctua fans, 32G gskill ddr4, gtx 980 4G, system 256G samsung ssd 950 pro M.2, swap 128G samsung ssd 850 pro, general use 512G samsung ssd 850 pro, video 4 @ 3T WD red pro in raid 5

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X