X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engineer16
    replied
    Just started happening in 7.0

Internal sata drive I switched to other, same, but after reading I stopped, and started, and now works, just start agin... odd its like its a sleep, but never use to do this on this computer

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    what kind of tape? what kind of player? what kind of capture connections?

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    I have this problem and no ammount of trouble shooting will help. Furthermore.. I just captured 8 tapes successfully, now the 9th tape (all filmed exactly the same) just will not capture..

Leave a comment:

• dpalomaki
    replied
    A 6 year old PC is old by current standards. But if it worked before, and does not work now for the SAME type of capture, something has changed for the worse.

Describe your system in detail. Make, model, processor, memory, OS, drives and configuration, other running software (including AV) and what you are trying to capture, how it is connected, what software you are using to capture, to what format you are tryign to capture, etc.

Leave a comment:

• tryingtolearn
    replied
    Unfortunately none of these solutions have worked for me.

I've had this computer for 6 years and it used to capture fine, it's only been the last few months that it has had trouble capturing.
    The computer is not having trouble, and i have done a full format and reinstall of windows and edius to no avail :(

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    I captured from within Edius via the firewire-port on the back of the motherboard.
    I never got the Disk too slow error message before, see my posts here.

http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...?t=4049&page=6

It looks like I only got the disk to slow message when I captured from within Edius, not when I used the DVCapture utility.

I now record onto SxS cards BTW.
    Last edited by tony; 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM. Reason: add to post

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    I captured from within Edius via the firewire-port on the back of the motherboard.

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    After working without problems for months, I captured some old DV-tapes (SD format) and got the message "disk too slow".
    Capturing HDV goes without problems.

Has the bug been found?

Just curious, did you capture from with-in Edius or the DVCapture utility?

Leave a comment:

• John Lewis
    replied
    Try turning turbo mode off on P6T mb

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    After working without problems for months, I captured some old DV-tapes (SD format) and got the message "disk too slow".
    Capturing HDV goes without problems.

Has the bug been found?

Leave a comment:

• waynz
    replied
    any updates on this?

Any progress been made with this error message? I have been forced to capture my HDV with Vegas and then import the m2t files into Edius 5.12.
    All other capture formats work fine and I don't want to down grade to a 4.5 version. I prefer to move forward...

Aloha,
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• fukly
    replied
    install edius 5.1 to my macbook 2.4ghz with 2 gig RAM bootcamp
    "disk to slow" appear again...can other macbook user help me?
    is 3.61 can solve this capture problem?
    DV is good
    HDV...disk to slow ;(
    pls help

Leave a comment:

• fukly
    replied
    after upgrading to 4.61 most of my system have been working better now.
    except my macbook C2D 2.0 (bootcamp)
    capture DV via firewire is good
    capture HDV the annoying message appear..i did several suggestion that this thread share... finally this is what i did:
    uninstall edius 4.61 and downgrade to edius 4
    SAME machine,SAME fire wire cable,SAME extrnal hardisk,
    DIFFERENT version of edius ;) the "disk to slow" is GONE!
    now, i have captured more than 12 hours wedding HDV with no problems
    hope this help.
    (what on earth this "disk to slow" coming from?)

Leave a comment:

• tony
    replied
    Originally posted by tony View Post
    I built a new editing PC for myself bringing the hard drives from my old built to the new build and for the first time ever, I'm getting the disk drive too slow message during capture of my SD DVCam footage. (I'm capturing using OHCI) I was using Edius 4.6 and the DV Capture utility program before problem free.
    Originally posted by tony View Post
    Disk to slow message again and capturing to a different HD as well.
    Captured to hard drive again, only this time I'm using the DVCapture utility and didn't get the drive too slow message.

Leave a comment:

• Nyatad
    replied
    Disk too slow error

First of all : Excuse my english
    I also met the "disk too slow error" and tried many solutions like creating a Raid0 array with no success. In fact I used a computer with Asus P5LD2 board fitted with a P4, 3,2Ghz, which is an Hyper-Threading processor which means virtual dual core instead of real dual core. When looking at the performance window, I observed that the "two" cores were 100% loaded and, of course, the "disk too slow error" appeared after a short time (less than 1 minute). Obviously it came from a buffer overrun error rather than a disk problem. As this mother board was only able to support Pentium 4 or Pentium D, the last one being a real dual core, I bought a bargain Pentium D (3,4 Ghz) and fitted it with a large Zalman ventirad instead of the genuine Intel fan. Now I can capture any length of HDV footage directly with Canopus HQ codec, with the two (real) cores of the processor 60 or 70% loaded and a lower core temperature ( Max 45 to 50°) during HDV.
    Last edited by Nyatad; 05-04-2009, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X