• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fukly View Post
    hi anton,
    i formatted it in NTFS
    cluster size "default".

is it really power supply kind pf thing?
    lately,edius always crash everytime i try to change quick titler in HDtimeline... bcoz i only have maxtor 320gig and 500gig + geforce 8400 + dvd writter in this AMDX2 6000+ PC (2gig RAM)
    the power supply is 500w (don't know the real out put though)
    I would not format a video drive using the default cluster size, I always use the largest possible

default is fine for the C drive and other (small file size) file storage drives
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

hi anton.tx i'll format in the biggest cluster,hope it will solve.
      should i unplug the jumper too (release the 1,5gig hardisk limitation)?
      one more thing,hope u could help me...i have such a bad time dealing with Title in my HD timeline.
      edius always crash n go back to window..always!..it such a pain!
      i've upgrade display card to ATI2600 512mbDDR2,128-bit but the problem still exist..i change the memory..even i re-installed the windows vista it doesn't solve it.
      is it my edius 4.51c? it has never been a problem in SD project.
      desperately need info from u
      tx
      MOtion Candid CApture
      www.houseofmocca.com
      Indonesia

Comment

I built a new editing PC for myself bringing the hard drives from my old built to the new build and for the first time ever, I'm getting the disk drive too slow message during capture of my SD DVCam footage. (I'm capturing using OHCI) I was using Edius 4.6 and the DV Capture utility program before problem free.
        Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by fukly View Post
          hi anton.tx i'll format in the biggest cluster,hope it will solve.
          should i unplug the jumper too (release the 1,5gig hardisk limitation)?
          one more thing,hope u could help me...i have such a bad time dealing with Title in my HD timeline.
          edius always crash n go back to window..always!..it such a pain!
          i've upgrade display card to ATI2600 512mbDDR2,128-bit but the problem still exist..i change the memory..even i re-installed the windows vista it doesn't solve it.
          is it my edius 4.51c? it has never been a problem in SD project.
          desperately need info from u
          tx
          I never leave the jumper on

I think you should upgrade to Edius 4.61 (free) or Edius 5.1 soon (not free)
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
            I built a new editing PC for myself bringing the hard drives from my old built to the new build and for the first time ever, I'm getting the disk drive too slow message during capture of my SD DVCam footage. (I'm capturing using OHCI) I was using Edius 4.6 and the DV Capture utility program before problem free.
            Disk to slow message again and capturing to a different HD as well.
            Tony

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Full tower- Asrock Z490 Taichi - i9-10850K -- 250GB 860 EVO- 32GBVengeance LPX- Blackmagic IP4K-- Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition -- EVGA G3 850 PSU-- Corsair H100i Pro XT- LG Blu-Ray writer- MxM PCI-e Reader-- EDIUS X WG- Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Comment

I'm using an external SATA drive (Vantec NexStar). I've had several disk too slow messages. I've defragged, but I'm not sure that makes a big difference in NTFS.

What I think does make a difference is rebooting and shutting down all unnecessary stuff in the task tray. Virus scanner, Quicktime, and all other unneeded background processes. I'm sure that one session failure was caused by the virus scanner.

As money permits, I'm going to try booting from a bare minimum Windows installation. Having an external SATA drive means I can have multiple Windows installations without running into activation issues. An alternative is to replace the C drive with one that has multiple partitions and install Windows on each partition, installing just the bare minimum of programs on each partition. From many years experience, I'm convince that Windows slows down as you install more programs.

Comment

Originally posted by js1138 View Post
                I've defragged, but I'm not sure that makes a big difference in NTFS.
                Fragmentation is an issue no matter what filesystem you use, unless you write files once and never modify them. Never figured out where the myth that NTFS doesn't need to be defragged came from... Probably the same place the myth that RAID arrays don't need to be defragged came from.

Comment

I REALLY think this issue has something to do with the users RAM.

I added 8 more gigs of RAM and kept getting the Disk too Slow warning. I re-arranged the ram modules, but the problem keeps coming back.

Will do some more checking.

Comment

Disk to Slow

Well I am just completing another Tax Preparation year and today I took some time and visited my editing studio. I cannot capture video. I just can't do it. I have tried everything I know possible but nothing seems to work. I have used the AVHC110 and it will capture about 2 to 5 minutes and then I get the same old message, Disk to Slow. Before I upgraded to 4.6 I never had a problem capturing, never! I see now we are up to 6 pages of posts for the same problem. Is anyone doing anything about it at Grass Valley? It has to be a software programming glitch which may not affect various MB/CPU combinations. Even Rex Edit was great compared to what I am now experiencing. I intend to call Grass Valley tomorrow and find out what, if anything they are doing to fix the problem. I suggest others do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Disk to Slow

SOLVED!!! I believe. Did a repair of WinXP. Didn't help but then I did a restore for this same day, April 13. Works of now. I don't know why but that's ok too. Will let everyone know if the bug returns.

Phil in Montana

Comment

Originally posted by 3chip View Post
                        SOLVED!!! I believe. Did a repair of WinXP.
                        Phil in Montana
                        Well, it's not that easy, it happened also under Vista, for me the "fix" is a making overlay windows small... really small. I believe the whole problem is about a overlay process, that's why it never occur with Edius 4.0 or 3.x.
                        Believe me 3chip, it is not solved! And I don't think it is a good idea to call GV, those poor guys has nothing to do with it. If you want to speak with real guys, try to speak japanese... :)
                        Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

Disk to Slow

I agree that "Solved" is simply an instantaneous thing, a fleeting moment perhaps, perhaps several weeks! I am not going to call but let me put it this way, in the haste to program and get a product out a programmer or programmers neglected something. I didn't do it! They did it! I paid their asking price for the software which is claimed to be a right to use it not own it. I have been with Canopus from ever since time began........just ask Hiro. But this is a problem related to Edius not a problem related to my computer viewing screens. I can do all things related to capture in PP! But I don't want to nor ever wanted to use PP. A long time ago PP came bundled with Rex Editbut it was just too complicated for me. As I've said time and time again, I just want to edit video, I don't wish to be a systems analyst or programmer. Been there done that in the era of punch cards. But Grass Valley is Grass Valley and Canopus USA is one and the same as Japan's Grass Valley.

Comment

Disk to Slow

Well solved it wasn't! My capture started acting up again. After two days of trying to straighten out the problem again, one of my external Maxtor 500GB One Touch drives crashed. I disconnected it and now all is well again. This drive had been noisy for awhile and I suspect it was intermittently failing. Finally the light went out and it was over. During this latest episode my OS was acting corrupted, losing track of my other HD's and giving me warning messages that all data was lost on several of them. Disconnected the drive and everything is back to normal...................until next time!

Comment

Disk too slow error

First of all : Excuse my english
                              I also met the "disk too slow error" and tried many solutions like creating a Raid0 array with no success. In fact I used a computer with Asus P5LD2 board fitted with a P4, 3,2Ghz, which is an Hyper-Threading processor which means virtual dual core instead of real dual core. When looking at the performance window, I observed that the "two" cores were 100% loaded and, of course, the "disk too slow error" appeared after a short time (less than 1 minute). Obviously it came from a buffer overrun error rather than a disk problem. As this mother board was only able to support Pentium 4 or Pentium D, the last one being a real dual core, I bought a bargain Pentium D (3,4 Ghz) and fitted it with a large Zalman ventirad instead of the genuine Intel fan. Now I can capture any length of HDV footage directly with Canopus HQ codec, with the two (real) cores of the processor 60 or 70% loaded and a lower core temperature ( Max 45 to 50°) during HDV.
                              Last edited by Nyatad; 05-04-2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Disk to slow message again and capturing to a different HD as well.
                                Captured to hard drive again, only this time I'm using the DVCapture utility and didn't get the drive too slow message.
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X