Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to export direct from Edius for youtube ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to export direct from Edius for youtube ?

How do you export directly from timeline of EdiusPro for youtuble ?
    I read some threads and people suggested to read other articles, but it was for other softwares, not directly for Edius.
    Source: DVcam in 16:9
    Target: youtube

Thanks
    TuyLe
    Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
    Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
    Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

The only thing I will say here is make absolutely certain your project is either:

a) Scaled and cropped to 4:3

or

b) 4:3 Letterboxed to begin with

I see far too much video on YouTube with an incorrect aspect ratio, and it drives me bananas.

YouTube's own knowledge base is your best resource - the XviD/DivX codecs can be downloaded and used with ProCoder Express for EDIUS' AVI exporter.

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...44&topic=10523

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post

YouTube's own knowledge base is your best resource - the XviD/DivX codecs can be downloaded and used with ProCoder Express for EDIUS' AVI exporter.

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...44&topic=10523
      I've using Edius 4.61 I've got Procoder 2.0 and the DiVX converter but can't seem to get them to work together, and for some reason when I drop an .avi into DiVX convertor it says that it is an unsupported file or something similar. Someone on another thread suggested using H.264 but when I do that Procoder doesn't work, and someone else suggested just going to the Quicktime exporter in Procoder Express and choosing mpeg4 but I can't even find that option. So is there a quick and easy way to do it from Edius please?

Comment

ProCoder 2.0 should support DivX directly through its target presets.

Have you looked within them?

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
          ProCoder 2.0 should support DivX directly through its target presets.

Have you looked within them?
          Yes I've checked and there's no sign of DivX anywhere, but what is really weird is that I have a standalone version of the DiVX converter and it won't convert .avi files captured in Edius and says that it cannot encode the input file because it contains an invalid video stream.

Any idea why this would be please?

Comment

your DivX converter may not support Canopus codec, in that case, tick the MSDV box during the DV avi export stage

alternatively, use Tmpeg4 Xpress, it does DivX and supports all Canopus Codecs as long as it is installed in the same PC as Edius
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Thanks, that works a treat - At last!

Comment

Working...
              X