Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To handle (scroll) 3 hours long timeline ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To handle (scroll) 3 hours long timeline ???

When i have longer fotage on timeline (and zoomed it into 5 frames as i always edit) the scrolling handle on the bottom bar is REALLY TINY. Sometimes its very difficult to grab it and move timeline forward and backward.

Its really annoyinga and slowes down work.
    Isnt it possible to set its minimal size ???
    Or isnt there other quicker way to move on timeline. ??? (shortcuts or grab and move time ruler)

If I compare Edius with other software like Premiere or Vegas They have much comfortable way handle and zoom their timelines.

Why it doesnt work like in white balance filter keyframe window ???. (I can grab the end of sliding bar and drug, and timeline zooms in natural way) Is it so difficult to programe it ????

I would preffer if the scroling bar is above timeline (Just above time ruler), not in the bottom !!!!
    It should be in the centre of screen, more on eyes, not far from other buttons.
    It surelly may improve editing speed.!!!!!

Or as in Vegas where I can grab the timeruler and shift wher I want.
    Or the best way - They may work bouth (top a bottom).
    Last edited by Romigo; 12-18-2007, 05:14 PM.

Zoomed in that far seems like a lot. Most people I know (me included) generall use 1 sec. I think Edius has a fabulous way to zoom the timeline when you need to be closer. Use CTRL and the mousewheel. Honestly with a little practice, you can zoom in and out in fractions of a second, I always use this technique and vary the timline depending on how far I am moving down the timeline.

Comment

I don't get how you can edit a program on 5 frames. It would drive me nuts.
      Zooming at frame level is something I use for cleaning garbage frames on cuts on audio or tweaking a fade. Also I use frames display when nudging
      1 sec in my default also. Most of the Edius editors I know edit at 1 sec.

I like the scrollbar just where it is.
      Steve
      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Ye, you are right -Zoom is mostly 1 sec , more is to clean cuts, set audio. That I do 30% of time.
        But even If I set zoom at 1 sec - handler on scroll bar is unnecessarily too short to grab.
        I think You all agree with me.
        And on 19" laptop it is horrible. As I remember in EDIUS 3.61 it worked better.
        Last edited by Romigo; 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

There must be a problem with your system because I edit at 1 second on a desktop and a laptop and the scrollbar size is just fine, no problem.
          Jeff Chandler
          High School Broadcast Adviser
          Freelance videographer & editor

Comment

Remember that the scroll handle size is relative to the length of the timeline. So a one hour timeline has a fairly good size handle, but a 3 hour timeline will be much smaller. If you use the mouse wheel trick it really is very easy to change it whenever you want.

Comment

There are also many shortcuts with the keyboard like "ctrl + a number".
              You can even customize these shortcuts if you like.
              Edius 9.52 Pro & 8.53 WG - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

I set my shortcut to + and - the same as in Premier. to zoom in and out.

Mule
                EDIUS v5.51 Broadcast - Dual Xeon Supermicro X7DWA-N with E5450 3.0GHz CPU (8 cores)
                4 GB Ram, 1.0 TB Video Raid (2x500). 5 ea 1.0 TB External Video. 2 500 gb Ext, 320 GB OS Drive .. ATI Radeon HD 4350 with 512 Ram XP Pro with SP 3 HD Sparks, VisTitle

Edius 6.52Dual Xeon Asus P5E3 9650 3.0 4G Ram
                Nvidia9800, 500G Raid (2x250) 1TB&500TB Ext Drives

HPX 2000 AVC Intra, HVX 200, HPX 170, AG-AF 100, Canon D5 MKll.....MacBook G4 w/VMWare FCP Edius 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Romigo View Post
                  Ye, you are right -Zoom is mostly 1 sec , more is to clean cuts, set audio. That I do 30% of time.
                  But even If I set zoom at 1 sec - handler on scroll bar is unnecessarily too short to grab.
                  I think You all agree with me.
                  And on 19" laptop it is horrible. As I remember in EDIUS 3.61 it worked better.
                  I know your problem and I overcome this with scrolling the timeline left or right without touching the horizontal slider handle

I push and hold page up or page down buttons until the monitor shows me where I want to be
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

For Zooming in and out of the timeline I set the mouse's scroll wheel button to CTRL; therefore when I zoom in or out of the timeline I just press the scroll wheel down and turn the scroll wheel for quick timeline zooming.

...Angelo
                    Last edited by Angelo; 12-18-2007, 10:37 PM.
                    Canopus/GV: DVStorm2 w/component-out board, ADVC300, Edius 4.61, ProCoder 3.05, Imaginate2
                    System: MSI B75A-G43 (v2.0), i7-3770K, 4GB, HD6850, Pyro1394 pci-e, 6 Disks 2.4TB non-raid, Win7-32bit, Dell 24" & 19" LCD

Comment

Its not the zooming, its the scrolling - I feel your pain.

I would love edius to act like After effects timeline - You hold down space and drag it left or right, its awesome!
                      When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

or like Speed Razor, right click anywhere on empty timeline space and drag
                        Anton Strauss
                        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I use Microsoft's Laser Mouse 6000 with it's horizontal scrolling tilt wheel.

Amazingly simple, I hardly use the handler on the scroll bar.

GESTOS PRODUCTIONS
                          www.gpvideo.com.au

Comment

Holly crap! That side scrolly wheel option is something I would never have thought of - not bad! Thanks :)
                            When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

I use Microsoft's Laser Mouse 6000 with it's horizontal scrolling tilt wheel too.
                              Works fine.
                              And I programmed the 2 extra side-buttons to jump forward/backward to editing points. This also speeds up the work.
                              Edius 9.52 Pro & 8.53 WG - Win 10 64 - AMD-Ryzen 9 3900X - 32 Gb DDR4 - ASUS-PRIME X570-PRO - Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - SSD M.2 1000 Gb system + 3 x 3 Tb storage - 2 x 23" Full HD Monitors - M-Audio Studiophile AV40

Comment

Working...
                              X