X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seemedia
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

Instagram was made for people who don't know how to hold a phone when making video :)
    Hahaha true

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Seemedia View Post

Exactly, we do this thing with Iphone 13, Instagram was made for the phones not for the cameras
    Instagram was made for people who don't know how to hold a phone when making video :)

Leave a comment:

• Seemedia
    replied
    Originally posted by trillium View Post
    Maybe just shoot it with an iphone since it's for instagram. I didn't know Edius couldn't do this though.
    Exactly, we do this thing with Iphone 13, Instagram was made for the phones not for the cameras

Leave a comment:

• IsabelRodriguez
    replied
    I am using instazoomhd, you can refer to and experience the application, see if it is suitable for you
    Last edited by IsabelRodriguez; 05-07-2022, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• trillium
    replied
    Maybe just shoot it with an iphone since it's for instagram. I didn't know Edius couldn't do this though.

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    As a side note, GoPro has added vertical video (9:16) support with the GoPro Hero 7, specifically to support Instagram and other social media platforms.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/bloc...rtrait-capture

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_SL
    replied
    A lot of commercial 9x16 footage I have seen was indeed shot with a dslr mounted rotated to match the 9x16 .
    (Stuff for installation at exhibitions.)

Leave a comment:

• DigitalDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerfboy View Post
    There are Youtube clips explaining how Premiere users do this by basically setting up the project dimensions and altering the X axis to use the part of the content of the clip they wish.
    Please post a link where you can demonstrate that Adobe does something that Edius cannot do with regard to 9x16 WITHOUT ZOOMING one way or another.

I have to do this for clients. It is a pain but you either shoot to centre crop or rotate the camera (or I am told the sensor) I have had pro footage shot in 9x16, thats easy to work with. If not and I had to do this two weeks ago - not for crappygram but for a Vertical screen. Each shot had to be cropped so that it worked content wise.
    If your image is #16 wide and it needs to be #9 wide and #16 high you zoom and crop end of.

I would add that some of us go back to the days of PD150/170 shooting on a 4x3 sensor masked to frame as 16x9 and then ARCing. (Often to match a real 16x9 sensor on a DSR500/570) If you were lucky you would have access to an ARC 100 if not it was basically a PIP zoom.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    yes, change project setting in custom to 1080x1920 and 1:1 aspect

Leave a comment:

• olomina2
    replied
    Exporting vertical video 1080x1920 , not a horizontal video

Is there a way to create a project 1080*1920 and export it as 1080*1920, a vertical video clip to be seen in a vertical display? I am trying to create small clips on (MPG4) to use in a Mirror Photo Booth which displays everything vertical.
    I saw the video tutorial and read to export as 16:9, the video on you-tube even that is showing a vertical video image is a horizontal video, I need an actual vertical clip 1080x1920

Any help will be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    its not that hard to do

Leave a comment:

• Nerfboy
    replied
    That's a great point. IG's resolution is almost standard def so I might be able to do this way. Thx Anton.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Nerfboy View Post
    There are Youtube clips explaining how Premiere users do this by basically setting up the project dimensions and altering the X axis to use the part of the content of the clip they wish.
    maybe you are confused with what you see in EDIUS, because the EDIUS preview will always be 16:9 frame, but once you export a 1080x1920 file, it will be 1080x1920 with no visible black

Leave a comment:

• ulyssesvideo
    replied
    I have an idea on how you may achieve that instagram look and its not that hard to do.

instead of filming as u would normally... treat your camera like a mobile phone ( as long as your using a dslr or something like that..... big camera.... not so easy lol )... rotate it so it's 16:9 up and down.... then create the project setting as Anton has suggested... then import the clip.. add it to the timeline then use the Layouter to rotate the clip... no stretching... if u shoot in HD... it will fit... if your shooting 4k you will need to zoom in or out to fit.

then export.

when filming make sure you keep what u are filming in frame.

ofcourse... if you dont want to filming for instrgram.. shoot it normally... and export it as normal 16x9.

you can only do one of the other. film for what u need it for.
    Last edited by ulyssesvideo; 12-22-2017, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    do instagram demand that the clip needs to be 1080x1920 or can it be 720x1280, in which case you will lose 0.0000% quality
    Last edited by antonsvideo; 12-23-2017, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X