Create Transparent Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create Transparent Video

I have a huge sequence of transparent png images (from Videoscribe), and I need to convert them to a transparent video. Been trying several products, ffmpeg and others. Can I do in Edius. It's just a straightforward process I was hoping. Not sure if I want to place 1000 images on the timeline.

Anybody have a way to do this?

Yes, you can.
    1. Make sure you have alpha channel activated in project settings.
    2. Make sure that your png images are named as consecutive numbers. In the add-a-file dialogue window, select the first file and then tick the box that says "picture sequence" or something similar. * Edius will then create one big virtual video file with the framerate of your project settings.

* by the way: unless you need it, do NOT tick the box that says "transfer images to project folder", for that might cause an unexpectedly time-consuming background job within Edius, even if your png files are only 100kb each.
    Last edited by Captain; 12-01-2017, 07:57 AM.
    Intel Core i7-7820X ---- Noctua NH-D15S ---- MSI X299 GAMING M7 ACK ---- 64GB RAM 2666-15 Corsair Dominator Platinum ---- 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 (system SSD) ---- 512GB Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (data SSD) ---- Aorus Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti ---- be quiet! SILENT BASE 600 Case ---- be quiet! Dark P. Pro P11 850W ---- Win10 Pro ---- Edius WG 8.53.2808

Comment

Is this a "PROPER" image sequence i.e. like an animation? If so Captain is spot on.

However if this is a 1000 images with alpha that you need to make a video file of, then that is a timeline job, like it or not. Please clarify.

Comment

Wow!

Wow that worked with a couple clicks! Okay Edius and you guys are all amazing!

Comment

Working...
        X