Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    The original issue in this thread is a common thing, found in versions 3.0-4.24.

It's nothing to worry about. If you switch to v4.5, this particular issue will not be present (if using the new overlay options).

Leave a comment:

• virgil21
    replied
    Originally posted by Marques View Post
    When (running Edius in dual-mode) I click on the left window, the right one loses contrast and shifts colors a little bit. Also when I click back on the right - it gets back that contrasty look, but the left one loses the contrast.

Is that normal?
    I am waiting for a long render of final project to finish so I can't check this but I know that when you change from Player to Recorder the image also shifts by 1 pixel (maybe 2?).

I spotted this recently when I was using a screen ruler to measure something. Maybe that is what you are seeing. I think it is caused by the outline which is switched on when you change windows to show which one is active.

Leave a comment:

• muleferg
    replied
    I do not see this on a 24" Dell with DVCHD Pro footage.
    Mule Ferguson

Leave a comment:

• RandyD
    replied
    Not sure I can agree with the master on this one. It is nice to have an external monitor (and a must for certain levels of work like what Anton and many others here do) and that is what I do but a properly calibrated LCD and Edius preview should give you a reasonable representation of color/contrast. Sometimes I use my laptop and I have to rely on the preview. I have not seen this issue but you might try to change the overlay method you are using in hardware preferences.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    this is perfectly normal at this stage

do not worry and never trust these preview windows for anything, they are just a very rough indicator of what video is played, nothing else, forget contrast or color when looking at them

instead, use an external monitor and use waveform/vector for adjusting levels

Leave a comment:

• Marques
    started a topic Preview window changes color/contrast

Preview window changes color/contrast

When (running Edius in dual-mode) I click on the left window, the right one loses contrast and shifts colors a little bit. Also when I click back on the right - it gets back that contrasty look, but the left one loses the contrast.

Is that normal?
Working...
X