How do you use a tiff with a title on it in Edius?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVcatastrophe
    • May 2007

How do you use a tiff with a title on it in Edius?

How do you get a tiff with a name on it to work as a title in Edius.

Basically the tiff it the background to a persons title, it slides onto the screen then dissolves away..

A pretty standard title requirement.

any tips would be greatly appreciated :)
    IntelDG965SSK mobo, nVidia7600GT, Intel E6420Core2Duo 2.13ghz, 1 meg DDR2 RAM, Canopus Storm2Pro, Edius 3.62.
  • antonsvideo
    • May 2007

is the tiff transparent?

I normally use tga as these are the most realtime friendly files in the video world

straight photoshop files should work as well but not as realtime friendly
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• DVcatastrophe
      • May 2007

Thanks Anton, but I solved this using Quick titler...Actually I converted the tiff to a jpeg, opened it, and plonked some text on the top. Simple :)
      IntelDG965SSK mobo, nVidia7600GT, Intel E6420Core2Duo 2.13ghz, 1 meg DDR2 RAM, Canopus Storm2Pro, Edius 3.62.

Comment

• STORMDAVE
        • May 2007

There is no alpha channel support in JPG format. TIFF supports 32bit, but when you save it, you also need to save an alpha channel.

If you have Photoshop, all you do is save the file without a background, and load it into Edius. Your PSD will load without problem.

What is an alpha channel?

Comment

• DVcatastrophe
          • May 2007

actually I converted the TIFF into a JPEG.

Comment

• STORMDAVE
            • May 2007

Originally posted by DVcatastrophe
            actually I converted the TIFF into a JPEG.
            I mentioned that JPEG has no alpha channel, which you need to have if you want text to display over video. :)

Comment

Working...