X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 64 BIT

Any news on a 64 Bit version of Edius?

Maybe for version 5?
    Last edited by emmanuel_f; 12-12-2007, 02:46 AM.

A versão para blu ray está prevista para jan/2009, talves venha com a versão 64

Comment

I am not certain if that is Portugese or Spanish - but I think he meant ....

A version of EDIUS for Blu Ray should be available in Jan 09, along with a 64 bits version.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Belo Horizinte is in Brazil so it is Portugese. :0
        Como vai, mi amigo?
        Steve
        EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
        A proud EDIUS EDITOR
        For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Jan is over soon, so can we expect this next week sometime?

Steve
          Main system, Supermicro X8DAH+,Dual Xeon X5680 cpu's 24 cores,2x1400watt power supplys,SC747TG-R1400B-SQ Case,192GB 1333mhz ECC Registered ram,8 x 480GB Intel 520 SSD drives,Windows 7 64 bit ultimate, GTX 670 4GB ,2 x Sony BWU300S Blu-Ray burners, 1x Sony DVD burner,LSI 9266 Raid Controller with Cache vault & fast path Lic, ESI MayaE Audio,HD Spark,Blackmagic intensity Pro,TMPGenc 5,Episode Pro 6,Sorenson 9 Pro,Alcohol 120 V2, Edius 6.53,Dell 27"LCD,HD Spark, Powershield 3000VA UPS.

Comment

I don't know if the information is accurate....I think it is likely inaccurate.
            Steve
            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

It is inaccurate.

Comment

I agree - don't think it is accurate either. With so much problems with 32bits version of EDIUS 5, I have doubts Grass Valley will release a 64bits that soon. I would assume they will concentrate on getting rid of bugs off the 32bits first.
                TingSern
                Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

i agree with that, but... i believe that Edius now is a Major program... recently i found that using Ulead cool 3d in my XP 64bit (now with 8 gb RAM) the renders are too long... meaning TOO LONG i mean that before (in xp 32 bit) one render of 174 frames HD (1920*1080) was taken about 1 hour 15 min... now it takes 4 hours... i wonder if Edius would be best (like "the best") being a 64 bit app...

and please excuse my latin english
                  Paranova Films
                  Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

Whether a program is 64 bits or 32 bits - if the program is I/O bound or CPU bound - it makes little difference to the end results. The main benefit of 64 bits is the large address space (2 PBytes) in size (or 2,000,000 Gbytes) - of course, this is virtual. No mainstream processor (Xeon, Core 2, AMD, etc) supports all 64 bits real addressing today. However, even if hardware addresses, say, 512 GBytes real - I don't think we see mainstream motherboards supporting that much today.

So - programs like Adobe Photoshop (that exploits large virtual addresses), 3D rendering programs, Autocad, etc - these programs will benefit the most from 64 bits virtual address.

Programs like EDIUS, Premiere, etc are more I/O and CPU bound than virtual address bound. I don't think you will see a quantum leap in performance from a EDIUS 64 as opposed to EDIUS 32.

Most of the gain are in operating system (VISTA 64 is extremely fast - especially if you feed the OS with more than enough RAM) - and that impacts the enduser's perception of things going faster.
                    TingSern

Comment

I totally agree with Tingsern. The last comment I saw on 64 bit Edius on this forum mentiond V6 at the earliest and only if demand was there.
                      Some confuse the issue with the pending HD Storm drivers for Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                        Whether a program is 64 bits or 32 bits - if the program is I/O bound or CPU bound - it makes little difference to the end results. The main benefit of 64 bits is the large address space (2 PBytes) in size (or 2,000,000 Gbytes) - of course, this is virtual..
                        sorry if my reply is a little bit dumb... but my english ain't good and i hardly understand about I/O bound or CPU bound (i asked to an expert who explain it to me later) but if i have a 64 bit system: does a 32 bit program would work better, equal or bad? i ask it because the example of my render with ulead cool 3d... (174 frames 1920*1080 takes 1 hour 15 min in xp32 and takes 4 h in xp64 -same machine-)

thanks
                        Paranova Films
                        Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

Comment

If you run your program that is 32 bits on a 64 bits OS, then the performance should be equal or better than the 32 bits OS. In your case, I suspect that there is something wrong with your 64 bits WIN XP install. It could be bad device drivers, or bad memory (causing the memory controller to retry), or it could be hard-disks - Windows uses your hard-disks to swap if you don't have enough RAM installed. A 64 bits OS will tax your hard-disk much harder than a 32 bits OS - because of its larger memory space (and a larger swap file).

Try running a performance monitor on the 64 bits OS and see where your bottlenecks are.

Can you give me your computer specifications (motherboard, graphics card, CPU type, amount of RAM, etc) ...
                          TingSern

Comment

Originally posted by tingsern View Post
                            If you run your program that is 32 bits on a 64 bits OS, then the performance should be equal or better than the 32 bits OS. In your case, I suspect that there is something wrong with your 64 bits WIN XP install. It could be bad device drivers, or bad memory (causing the memory controller to retry), or it could be hard-disks - Windows uses your hard-disks to swap if you don't have enough RAM installed. A 64 bits OS will tax your hard-disk much harder than a 32 bits OS - because of its larger memory space (and a larger swap file).

wow man... thank for your reply... btw: WHAT A MACHINE YOU HAVE!!! that's a nice system...

just today are gonna to reinstall win64 bit because my NHX-01 has a bug since E5, and before contatc support we wanna be sure about doing everything right: the thing is that when i export to a file or render the timeline and the CTU is placed over any video (not black or empty area) the system crash and restart... we installed vista ultimate 64 and the same thing, (fortunatelly we use GHOST), we went back to xp32 (working good with E4.54) installed E5.01 and in one morning the system crashed around 8 times... nothing of it happens when testing E5 in our NHX-02 (another machine) so one feelling is taht our WP64 may not be correctly installed...

my boss is very dissapponted at this time, Edius was a ROCK stable and we almost quit of Premiere at all (we have a DPS Velocity, 2 media 100, 2 DVStorm2, 1 ACEDVIO, my NHX01 and other NHX02) and right now he's thinking to buy 2 Final Cut stations...

We know that the driver is not certified for XP64, but, again, testint it with vista 64 the system crashes... oh... i forgot: with vista the system crash and shows the classic "blue screen" telling that memorys may not be working fine so my boss buy 2 new modules in the US (each one 2gb -thoose not availables in Colombia-) but the bug keep and as i said: today are gonna try reinstalling the OS...

one more time: thanks for your reply, hope this would be helpfull for our technician and i'll let you know about it...

oh and my system spcs i'm gonna update to the signature later.. right now i use another machine to internet...

bye and thanks
                            Last edited by Paranova Films; 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM.
                            Paranova Films
                            Cali - Colombia

Comment

No problems ... hopefully, it will go some way to solve your problems.

Vista 64 is the way to go. It is a supported OS - not WinXP 64. You have to get Vista 64 device drivers for your motherboard and for every other piece of hardware. This is because Vista runs device drivers in Ring 1 and Vista 64 expects all device drivers to be 64 bits.

Programs can be 64 bits or 32 bits - it is okay.

I suspect a faulty RAM module or a faulty RAM controller for your case OR worse, corrupted device driver.

Good luck on your reinstall then.
                              TingSern

Comment

Working...
                              X