Edius NX Xpress for HDV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius NX Xpress for HDV

Will the NX for HDV work with Premiere Pro? I know I wont get acceleration but if I am using Native HDV or Canopus HQ can I output from Premieres timeline to a HD monitor (componet)? Or is it Edius only?
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

I'm pretty sure its only for edius (maybe slight functionality for PP) but why would you want to use Prem Pro anywayz????
    When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

Dont get me wrong I still love my Edius but when I start doing HDV (now sooner than I thought ) I dont want to paint myself into a corner by buying a card that only works with one program. When there are ones that work with several. Id spend the extra money for the NX/HDV because im familer with Canopus's stuff and I trust it but it has to al least output with Premiere Pro. On videoguys sight it says it will work with up to premiere 1.5. I was hoping there was some kind of native HDV mode that would let you output from Premiere with no acceleration.
      Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

I recently uninstalled PP from my laptop... just wasting space.

You won't regret NX with AE, fer sher!
        Rusty Rogers | Films
        >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
        >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
        Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

really its not the actual editing program that matters anymore. Edius does exactly what I need. Where I need to keep my options open is support software if I use Premiere I have AE, Photoshop and Encore all working as one big honkin program. Edius has Imaginate (which has been dumped, Xplode which has been dumped and a underdeveloped DVD program Which does show promise but not yet. If I find a need to go blue-ray Encore already has a solution.
          Randy

Comment

You can use the NX/SP hardware in ADVC mode only in Premiere, so just SD DV.

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
              really its not the actual editing program that matters anymore. Edius does exactly what I need. Where I need to keep my options open is support software if I use Premiere I have AE, Photoshop and Encore all working as one big honkin program. Edius has Imaginate (which has been dumped, Xplode which has been dumped and a underdeveloped DVD program Which does show promise but not yet. If I find a need to go blue-ray Encore already has a solution.
              I'm an Adobe maniac, but PPro is collecting dust, really...so is FCP. I strictly use Edius as my main NLE. Althought the Adobe Production Premium CS3 is for OSX only, if I ever need to do any AE work, I just boot into OSX, do it, spit out a TGA sequence, go back into Windows and continue from there.

One caveat I have with NX is that support for AE plugins should be much better, right now it is just very bad. Can't say how it works with CS3, but I suspect it's the same as before.

Comment

With me its all work flow, If I set makrers in Edius and use ProCoder do they come up in Encore? I like that in CS3.
                Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rando View Post
                  With me its all work flow, If I set makrers in Edius and use ProCoder do they come up in Encore? I like that in CS3.
                  Well to each his own :)

And no, markers won't show up in Encore.

Comment

Working...
                  X