Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rando
    replied
    Neat thing tough I found I can edit in OHCI mode and just have the footage come come out letterbox then I guess after I get my edit the wau I want it I just switch modes to HDV to export it. Nice. It looks kinda like film a little soft and filmy but I guess it changes when I change modes to export.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I am not sure about xplode and newer graphics cards and drivers

all xplode and xplode pro are real time here using Geforce FX5700 (256mb) with older driver, I needed to place the Xplode Pro fix in the stages folder of Xplode Pro and then configure Xplode Pro

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    yeah it doesnt look like Edius likes native anyway. I captured some native in Premiere and Edius would lose is overlay when I played. So why doesnt Xplode work? It seems just as slow as Xplode for Edius which IS supposed to work. I tried some xplodes and they seemded to work (not in RT but they did work)

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by rando View Post
    I must have captured directly to HQ but I set Edius capture settings to native.
    in any case, if your PC is powerful enough, always capture to HQ, best for editing

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    I must have captured directly to HQ but I set Edius capture settings to native.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    it depends what you set in capture input settings, if you set CanopusHQ, then it captures direct to HQ and you don't need to convert after

CanopusHQ has an avi extension

native HDV has an m2t extension

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    o.k. im confused I capture using Edius from my GY-HD100 into what I thought was native HDV about 3 hours of video used 150 gigs. then I used PC 3 to convert it to Canopus HQ and it was the same file size. Did Edius capture straight into Canopus HQ?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by rando View Post
    ohh thats the thing I DONT have a blue-ray burner thats why I was going to export twice. once to a Blue-Ray compatable file(for later) once for now (standard DVD). I dont know what file format blue-ray wants I only assume its a form of Mpeg-2
    If you want to see what file format looks like, go to the 'sticky' on the Procoder forum about bluray presets. This will give you settings for BD authoring.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    ohh thats the thing I DONT have a blue-ray burner thats why I was going to export twice. once to a Blue-Ray compatable file(for later) once for now (standard DVD). I dont know what file format blue-ray wants I only assume its a form of Mpeg-2

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Yes- keep the timeline in Canopus HQ format. It will be better in quality than encoded MPEG-2. You have a Blue-Ray writer? Lucky you. I have to make do with normal DVD first - split the timeline into 4.5GB blocks to be able to fit into a standard DVD.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    maybe im mising something in the workflow, my plan is was to edit the peoject in Canopus HQ then export the timeline to blue-ray (keep that file somewhere) then export the project to standard Mpeg-2 to make the DVD. So when things do go HD all I have to do is author the blue-ray file.

Leave a comment:

• tingsern
    replied
    Why not just back up the Canopus HQ format file instead of converting it to MPEG-2, and then backup the MPEG-2? Canopus HQ is higher quality than MPEG-2 anyway.

Leave a comment:

• rando
    replied
    o.k. thanks guys. Either I edit it down or I have to deliver 3 discs.

Leave a comment:

• 3chip
    replied
    BR Capacity.

2 1/2 hours of good quality, 3 hours of not so good.

Leave a comment:

• shueardm
    replied
    If you want 3 hours of good quality Mpeg 2 it will need to be done on a dual layet BD- which is not happening now, so H264 (the Adobe variety) is the only answer at the moment. I haven't pushed the time/quality issue but I believe @ average bitrate of 30000kbps you get just under 2 1/2 hrs on single layer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X