Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    No, it's not rejected, it's called "I'm very busy and have not had time to review and edit feature request posts yet."

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I made the feature request a few days ago but it is not appearing, looks like it got rejected

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    Alternatively, the title's data could be written to the project file directly - the downside is that this would increase the file size of the project considerably, and you increase the possibilities of project corruption. Even then, it could only support Quick Titler data (since we own that code).
    .etl files are not large files. Its only simple XML code.

It would be nice - if every opening of title would save a bacup file of this title. Just like project.
    If I dont like the changes I can get back to previous one :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    the "v" assigns the video track as the only track you can drag titles or video

so the "v" should always be grayed out, off

try it

Just have the Settings /application settings/timeline option that says add clips to mapped track unchecked.

Takes care of it.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    There isnt even keyboard shotrcut to "SAVE AS"

PLEASE .............

Leave a comment:

• jerseymike
    replied
    Wow. I didn't think this was such a hot topic but I'd vote for the new title request or at least a warning that I'm going to overwrite the original file before I hit the save button.

Leave a comment:

• Romigo
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Oh, and the easy way out = Automatically "Save As" :)

Yes. Its the way.
    But sometimes I forget in a hurry and the button "SAVE" all the time allures the mouse pointer to click on it :(.

Leave a comment:

• editpoint
    replied
    ...my vote too.

Something I have noticed on 4.54 is that you can drag video clips to the title track. Why would you want to do this? Because it means you can use the blur title fade on the video. As far as i know you there isnt another blur fade available.
    Didnt notice this on previous versions. I may be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• biopic
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    that is the one the doctor ordered

unless anyone rejects, I will request

saving titles as part of the project file is what destroyed speed razor 5.5, it corrupted many projects and caused large auto save times
    I'll agree with that - on both counts.

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    It gets my vote.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Essentially, what it seems people want, is for EDIUS to automatically duplicate titles with a filecopy operation (when copying titles)
    that is the one the doctor ordered

unless anyone rejects, I will request

saving titles as part of the project file is what destroyed speed razor 5.5, it corrupted many projects and caused large auto save times

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Calm down Anton.

As Kenneally said, the difference is that with a video and audio clip you're not changing the original, you're editing "on top" of the clip. Essentially, it's non-destructive.

With title clips and color bars, you're editing the document hence it changes everywhere.

It'd get confusing if title edits were done in the same way as video and audio filters, so there's really no universal solution.

For those of you who remember subscribe/publish in MS Word... It's like that.

Or if you're an Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign person, it's like a placed document. Double-clicking it is like Edit Original, so changes made to the original are reflected everywhere it's used.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Oh, and the easy way out = Automatically "Save As" :)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Rants in this thread aside, the nature of EDIUS is that video and audio clips are merely aliased references of something much larger - all you are doing essentially is creating a list of instructions (In points, out points, add an effect here, a transition there, etc) - you aren't modifying the source material at all.

Titles are a bit different - it's a "one frame" file created in an external application that reads in that file...much like if you did your titles in PSD/TGA/JPG files. If you copy+paste a PSD clip and then bring up its associated editor, would you be all that surprised if it overwrote the original? No. Because you knew an original file was being referenced inside of an "external" editor. Titles are the same (even Quick Title files).

Essentially, what it seems people want, is for EDIUS to automatically duplicate titles with a filecopy operation (when copying titles), or, at the very least, suggest that a file copy be done (even if just to RAM).

Alternatively, the title's data could be written to the project file directly - the downside is that this would increase the file size of the project considerably, and you increase the possibilities of project corruption. Even then, it could only support Quick Titler data (since we own that code).

Sooo, the first option seems the be the way to go. Someone should request it.

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    When you make changes to a video clip ie add filters you are not changing
    the original clip. When you make changes in TM you are changing the contents of the original clip, therefore changing all references to that clip. Or are you sayng that effects on TM also change previous use of that clip?

Ted

Leave a comment:

Working...
X