Quict Titler Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quict Titler Changes

I recently noticed that when you create and save a title in one project then use that title and change it in a new project it will update the original and in every project it was used in unless you save as a new title name. I don't recall having to do that in FCP. It seemed to reference the original title you created and add a new one to the bin or timeline without affecting the original.

Also when dragging a title from the bin to the title track in edius you must have the v turned off next to the video track(s) otherwise you must first drag it to the video track and then the title track.

Also#2. In order to add the default title mixer like fade in/out you must have "automatically add title mixer when importing titles" ticked in application settings.
    Alot of you probably already knew this but hopefully this helped some people.
    Last edited by jerseymike; 12-14-2007, 04:05 AM.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Edius 7.53, Antec DF-85
    Corsair 850Watt P/S,ASUS P6X58DE,
    Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
    WD 600GB 10k RPM System Drive,
    WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

Originally posted by jerseymike View Post
    1. I recently noticed that when you create and save a title in one project then use that title and change it in a new project it will update the original and in every project it was used in unless you save as a new title name. I don't recall having to do that in FCP. It seemed to reference the original title you created and add a new one to the bin or timeline without affecting the original.

2. Also when dragging a title from the bin to the title track in edius you must have the v turned off next to the video track(s) otherwise you must first drag it to the video track and then the title track.

Also#2. In order to add the default title mixer like fade in/out you must have "automatically add title mixer when importing titles" ticked in application settings.
    Alot of you probably already knew this but hopefully this helped some people.
    1. has always been like that in Edius, and yes, it caught me many times in the past, I copy a lower third below a person and paste it to another person in same project and change the name and save, an guess what, the first person has the same name now, so you need to keep remembering to use save as and never save

if I copy paste something in any other software, I can manipulate the pasted without affecting the original

2. I never heard of that, I can drag titles from bin to title track or video track all day long without turning off v

remember any video track can be used for titles as well
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

I think this is only for Apple users an issue, most windows software works with replace since .... always !?

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post

2. I never heard of that, I can drag titles from bin to title track or video track all day long without turning off v

Anton Could you try that when you get a chance, I'm just curious if it's my system or a canopus "thing". BTW what is that "v" is it assigning a target to a specific track? When I hover over it with the mouse it says video channel (7)
        Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Edius 7.53, Antec DF-85
        Corsair 850Watt P/S,ASUS P6X58DE,
        Intel Core i7 960 3.20 Ghz Bloomfield,Corsair 12 GB RAM TR3X6G1600C8D-R,PNY GeForce GTX570
        WD 600GB 10k RPM System Drive,
        WD Caviar Green Video Drives 1GBx2,G-Raid 2GB Backup Drive,Pioneer BDR-206 Blu Ray Drive

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          Then what are the advantages of using a title track?
          In the short time I've been using Edius I have always used video tracks for all of my titles, am I missing anything?

Thanks,
          Bill

Comment

the "v" assigns the video track as the only track you can drag titles or video

so the "v" should always be grayed out, off

try it
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BillShedoudy View Post
              Then what are the advantages of using a title track?
              In the short time I've been using Edius I have always used video tracks for all of my titles, am I missing anything?

Thanks,
              Bill
              Title tracks always remain on top. (Despite being in the middle) They also use specialized Title Transitions not available on V tracks.

Because titles now work in V tracks, previous threads hinted that the Title Track may go the way of the Dodo.
              Rusty Rogers | Films
              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Title Tracks

Well, ever since editing with Edius, coming from SpeedR, all of my TMpro tiltles are a little bit softer when I use the title track. A regular client of mine, for about 10 years, complained that the titles look soft. So, I dragged the TM titles from the title track to a video track. Yep, about 15% sharper. This, both on my NX and REXrt sytems. Still, even on the video track, not quite as sharp as my old SpeedR. I even tested on all systems with the same font,etc.

In the old linear days, the CG was measured in nanoseconds. I guess Edius has slower response in that area.

And after years of just saving a TM title WITHOUT it changing the titles already on the timeline, and being bit big time, I just don't understand why we have to do a save-as, type in a name,etc. Can't this be programed to work properly?

John
                Last edited by JohnnyD; 12-09-2007, 03:57 AM.
                Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
                2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
                Atari 400
                JohnFellersProd

Comment

When you open a title and edit that title, you're editing that title.

It's like if you open a Word document and edit it.

If it made a new document every time you made a change and saved it, before you knew it, you'd end up with hundreds of title files.

Bin references are just that - references, like shortcuts. If you open the reference, it opens the original item, and if you change the original item, you've changed it everywhere it's being referenced.

Comment

if I copy and paste a video clip and then make changes to the pasted clip, does the original copied clip change as well? NO!

if I copy and paste an audio clip and then make changes to the pasted clip, does the original copied clip change as well? NO!

if I copy and paste a still and then make changes to the pasted still, does the original copied clip change as well? NO!

if I copy and paste a title clip and then make changes to the pasted clip, does the original copied clip change as well? YES! Should it? NO!
                    Anton Strauss

Comment

You should copy and paste the titles in windows explorer. Not Edius. Then it will work as you want.

If you want to continue with copy in Edius logic.
                      Copy a video clip.
                      Put it on the timeline.
                      Go to the bin delete the parent clip with delete file. click yes when te warning comes. Now use the copy :) ( that is if you were doing the copy of audio and video file in EDIUS)
                      Steve
                      EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                      A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                      For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

I grew up with titlemotion using other edit software prior to Edius, and copy paste of title always allowed the title to be modified without affecting the original

Incite and Speed Razor worked that way

in any case, I got used to the way it works now and I learned to live with the save as function
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

I hate it.
                          I drives me really crazy when I forget and hit SAVE insteed SAVE AS and overwrite title which I used earlier.

1 - button SAVE in QT should be replaced with SAVE AS NEW

2 - "Text input bar" should be set to be visible at first start of QT.

3 - I always Select the text in it (first row) press Ctrl C, then
                          open SAVE AS dialog and paste. In this way the filename is the same as first row of text. Ad I can see it on timeline. No more strange nubers.

That could be set as natural behawior the same as wordprocesors does.

I WISH: When I open save as dialog, Text from the first row could apear in filename box.

4 - Whan I applly a style from "Style Bar" we should have option to apply only fill color, OR edge, OR shadow, OR font
                          There should be a dialog to select partial properties that I want to apply.

By the way
                          In NEWS production 80% of tiles consist ot two rows. TITLE and SUBTITLE
                          .etl file is en XML. Im trying to write program that can generte titles directly from database or textfile. I create empty title with **** in apropriate lines as a matrix then simly replace **** with text from names database and save as new file. (we want to change image of our news and Im too lazy to change 300 titles manually)
                          Last edited by Romigo; 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I hate it.
                            I drives me really crazy when I forget and hit SAVE insteed SAVE AS and overwrite title which I used earlier.

1 - button SAVE in QT should be replaced with SAVE AS NEW

2 - "Text input bar" should be set to be visible at first start of QT.

3 - To set filename I always select the text (first row) , copy, then
                            open SAVE AS dialog and paste. In this way the filename is the same as first row of text. Ad I can see it on timeline. No more strange nubers.

That could be set as natural behawior the same as most wordprocesors does (MS WORD).

I WISH: When I open save as dialog, Text from the first row could apear in filename box.

4 - Whan I applly a style from "Style Bar" we should have option to apply only fill color, OR edge, OR shadow, OR font
                            There should be a dialog to select partial properties that I want to apply.

By the way
                            In NEWS production 80% of tiles consist ot only two rows. TITLE and SUBTITLE
                            (we need to change the image of our news and I'm too lazy to change hundreds of titles manually)
                            Thanks to the fact that .etl is en XML file. I'm trying now to write little program that can generte titles directly from database or textfile. I create empty title with **** in apropriate lines as a matrix and then simly replace **** with text from names database in .etl file and save as new title.
                            Last edited by Romigo; 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

When you make changes to a video clip ie add filters you are not changing
                              the original clip. When you make changes in TM you are changing the contents of the original clip, therefore changing all references to that clip. Or are you sayng that effects on TM also change previous use of that clip?

Ted

Comment

Working...
                              X