Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius has stopped working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edius has stopped working

    When we 1st start Edius we get Edius has stopped working popup in a debug
    window. If we close it out and restart it works fine. Any suggestions what could be happening. We did try a uninstall and reinstall.
    tdtinker
    3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
    1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
    New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
    Edius 8.5
    www.actvp.com

  • #2
    Do you get the EDIUS reporter or a windows message?
    Steve

    Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
      Do you get the EDIUS reporter or a windows message?
      Window debug message
      tdtinker
      3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
      1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
      New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
      Edius 8.5
      www.actvp.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Are you using an antivirus program?
        Steve

        Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
        EDIUS support and Downloads

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
          Are you using an antivirus program?
          Windows defender with Edius as a exclude.
          tdtinker
          3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
          1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
          New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
          Edius 8.5
          www.actvp.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Windows defender is tricky. Some people have reported issues with even if they disable it.
            Have you excluded the whole grassvalley folder?
            Steve

            Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
            EDIUS support and Downloads

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
              Windows defender is tricky. Some people have reported issues with even if they disable it.
              Have you excluded the whole grassvalley folder?
              We have disable the entire folder.
              tdtinker
              3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
              1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
              New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
              Edius 8.5
              www.actvp.com

              Comment


              • #8
                EDIUS has stopped working messages can also be caused by outdated newblue plugins

                you need to exclude three Grass Valley folders in an antivirus software
                C:\Program Files\Grass Valley
                C:\Users\Login Account Name\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley
                C:\ProgramData\Grass Valley
                Anton Strauss
                Antons Video Productions - Sydney

                EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  EDIUS has stopped working messages can also be caused by outdated newblue plugins

                  you need to exclude three Grass Valley folders in an antivirus software
                  C:\Program Files\Grass Valley
                  C:\Users\Login Account Name\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley
                  C:\ProgramData\Grass Valley
                  Thanks this worked.
                  tdtinker
                  3 Edit Systems all running widows 10: 1 Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core 8MB 77W Edius 8.5 Vistitler 2.6.0 Window 10-12 GB-
                  1 i7 QUAD CORE 920 2.66GHz 8MB 130W Overclocked to at least 3.5GHz Edius 7.51
                  New system: Asus X99 i7 6900K 3.2GHz, 32GB DDR 4 Ram, GTX 1070
                  Edius 8.5
                  www.actvp.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Edius has stopped working

                    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                    EDIUS has stopped working messages can also be caused by outdated newblue plugins

                    you need to exclude three Grass Valley folders in an antivirus software
                    C:\Program Files\Grass Valley
                    C:\Users\Login Account Name\AppData\Roaming\Grass Valley
                    C:\ProgramData\Grass Valley
                    I removed all the plug-ins from the folder Plugin. And that helped. Then I started adding plug-ins one by one until I found what plug-in was causing the issue, and that was CtsImporters.tpi. How critical it is for Edius I don't know, but so far Edius works without it. Is there any idea whether it is needed for Edius? Maybe later when I will work extensively with Edius I will find out

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by maxfar View Post
                      I removed all the plug-ins from the folder Plugin. And that helped. Then I started adding plug-ins one by one until I found what plug-in was causing the issue, and that was CtsImporters.tpi. How critical it is for Edius I don't know, but so far Edius works without it. Is there any idea whether it is needed for Edius? Maybe later when I will work extensively with Edius I will find out
                      After removing CtsImporters.tpi it is not possible to import files like JPG or PSD files, etc.
                      I think, better is rename the file temperary to 'CtsImporters.tpi TEMP' then you have to rename the file first to CtsImporters.tpi for import files.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X