X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muleferg
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    Isn't the P2 card just a bunch of SD cards mashed into one PCMCIA device? It's propietry, but it's the oldest solid state cards available, so prices might drop much faster, or not..?
    From Panasonic site
    Panasonic’s P2 card is based on ultra-reliable, solid-state memory, consisting of four SD cards, like those now used in digital still cameras, packaged in a rugged, die-cast frame that weighs only 0.099 lbs (45 grams). This convenient card has four times the capacity and four times the transfer speed of a single SD card. The P2 card is reusable and connects instantly with P2 decks, drives, laptops and major non-linear editing systems to eliminate the time-consuming task of digitizing. These PCMCIA-based cards can be easily connected to laptops using ExpressCard technology with simple, highly affordable third-party adapters.

The P2 card is resistant to impact (up to 1,500G), vibration (up to 15G), shock, dust and enviro

Leave a comment:

• muleferg
    replied
    I have the Lowly HVX200, and a HPX2000.
    Mule

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalMike View Post
    My biggest concern right now is the longevity of P2 technology. Obviously everything is moving toward disk based / solid state storage - but will this proprietary technology become outmoded within a year or two - I'm not sure. :?
    Isn't the P2 card just a bunch of SD cards mashed into one PCMCIA device? It's propietry, but it's the oldest solid state cards available, so prices might drop much faster, or not..?

Leave a comment:

• MetalMike
    Guest replied
    My biggest concern right now is the longevity of P2 technology. Obviously everything is moving toward disk based / solid state storage - but will this proprietary technology become outmoded within a year or two - I'm not sure. :?

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Originally posted by MetalMike View Post
    I'm demoing the HVX-200 right now, I just got it in today. What are you impressions of it - would you purchase again? Is there something else you would get if you could go back?
    I would not hesitate to buy it again, although if I had the money, I would consider moving up to the HPX-500.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    Rock solid device, btw! I dropped a disk from the shelf and nothing happend to it. You can fit 1 32GB P2 data into a single 35GB RevPro disk and still have 2 gigs left.
    Last edited by STORMDAVE; 12-08-2007, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MetalMike
    Guest replied
    I'm demoing the HVX-200 right now, I just got it in today. What are you impressions of it - would you purchase again? Is there something else you would get if you could go back?

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    In my case it is a lowly HVX-200.

Leave a comment:

• MetalMike
    Guest replied
    What cameras are most of you using with the P2 cards?

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    Grass Valley REV PRO!

Leave a comment:

• muleferg
    replied
    Ext Hard Drives, BluRay, DvCam. Beta, SP.

Mule

Leave a comment:

• jjbvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    How do you guys archive important footage? Hard drives? 64GB and 128GB cards are next...
    The same way you would archive important IT data. In fact it has become an IT task. Mainly used in the field: DVD (4/8GB), BluRay (16/32GB), Hard drives, DLT/LTO tapes. In the majority of cases I'm using hard drives.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    How do you guys archive important footage? Hard drives? 64GB and 128GB cards are next...

Leave a comment:

• THoff
    replied
    Originally posted by muleferg View Post
    I received my 32g card yeasterday and noticed it has 35 min record time in 1080
    or 85 min 720 24pn

Mule
    Yup, I've got two 32GB cards, and in 720/30PN (which I use the most), I get 138 minutes of DVCProHD love. Who needs or wants tape? (c8

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    replied
    Love P2

Can't wait to get a 32gig card.
    File transfer time for me has been (roughly) twice as fast as digitizing a tape in real time. Using two 8 gig cards and a laptop in the field connected to a Lacie hard drive I can transfer footage faster than the camera people can fill up a card. This workflow is great and when we're done, I hand the hard drive to the editor to begin cutting. Love it.

jim

Leave a comment:

Working...
X