Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-Cam Redux

Hi All,

My first post, just downloaded 4.52 - pretty cool.....but I'm having an issue with multi-cam

Unfortunetly my laptop doesnt have a number keypad - besides for the mouse clicks is there any other way to switch between cameras? Or re-assign the keypad? I went into keyboard shortcuts and the multi-cam setting..but there doesnt seem to be a place to change that?

having the ability to punch instead of click will make things a lot easier!

Thanks---hope to contribute to the board soon as well!

I'm quite shocked, I thought edius had a customizable key for everthing - seems that multicam switching is confined to the num pad only....

Anyone prove me wrong?
    When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

If all else fails, you could get a full-sized USB keyboard and plug that into your laptop.

Comment

They sell USB numpads on ebay for like $10...but nonetheless I think shortcuts such as CTRL+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or something in between would be nicer. Maybe there is a shortcut without numpads, but I haven't found any.

Comment

Most laptops have it already...

Look closely at your keyboard, there's a good chance keys are already reassigned/overridden with a "Function" key (or similar)
          Rusty Rogers | Films
          >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
          >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
          Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Thanks for the replies...I've tried everything including the function keys....Cntl-1 etc doesnt work either.....I've thought about the usb keypad/keyboard thing and was gonna hit staples today if all else failed....just seems silly to have to hook a keyboard to a laptop....but with 4 - 2 hour 3 camera dance recitals to edit - i'd rather not have to click....

Comment

I bought a keypad to use with my compact keyboard on my Same-Day Edit box. Really nice and has a built-in calculator.
              Rusty Rogers | Films
              >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
              >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
              Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

I use a Shuttle Pro with keys allocated to camera 1,2 etc
                They are worth looking at.
                http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/

Comment

You caught us out on this one.. :)

No keyboard remap available alas...

Comment

Wow--my first time out and I called out the designers... Well problem solved anyway...just went out and got a external usb keypad....works fine...only problem is I tried to re-assign the jkl keys to work with 4-5-6 so while I'm editing if I have to go back and make a minor change...wont seem to let me....grrr

Comment

Your numpad doesn't have a NumLock function?

Comment

my laptop doesnt have a number pad--I wanted to originally remap those keys to somewhere else..but I guess that can't be done---the $20 usb keypad is working just fine...it lets me sit on my couch with it next to me - I have the laptop hooked up to one of 50" plasmas and I feel like I'm directing a show with a real switcher again :-)

Comment

Nice. That's one thing I don't like about laptop keyboards (tho the larger ones do have full numpads nowadays)...

Comment

Mine has full num pad. and a cool keyboard. :)
                            Steve
                            EDIUS Trainer, Grass Cutter Gold
                            A proud EDIUS EDITOR
                            For more information on the Grass Cutter program please visit: http://www.grass-cutters.net

Comment

Working...
                            X