Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 8.3 no longer seeing QuickTime MP4 files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 8.3 no longer seeing QuickTime MP4 files.

Has anyone had this issue and know the cause or the solution?

I recently made a video on how to switch on QuickTime functionality in Edius 8.3. For anyone who doesn't know, this is necessary so that Edius 8.3 will use QuickTime to handle certain MP4 files and most QuickTime/MOV files.

Below are two videos.

The first one is a simple video guide on how to switch on QuickTime. This video clearly shows the processes working. First of all Edius 8.3 won't open the MP4 files, the relevant setting is then switched on and then the files are seen and imported.

The strange thing is that after a while Edius 8.3 stops decoding the video element of the file but still decodes the audio, while still recognising the file as a whole. I initially thought that this may have been due to me switching the function off and on a lot in order to record the process. But the same issue has effected another computer, where the switch had only been switched on once and never turned back off.

The second video shows the issue.

I've tried re-installing both QT and Edius 8.3 but the issue remains unchanged.

I'd really appreciate any help on this, as the only way for me to continue working with these files is to convert the files before importing, and I have a lot of them to go through.

Cheers,
    Dave.

V

"There's only one thing more powerful than knowledge. The free sharing of it"

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Is your Robot three laws safe?

can I download the troublesome file for testing?
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
      can I download the troublesome file for testing?
      Yes, no problem Anton. I'm just swapping out a noisy PSU fan, will send you a web folder link later.

If you don't know the difference between Azimuth and Asimov, then either your tapes sound bad and your Robot is very dangerous. Kill all humans...... Or your tape deck won't harm a human, and your Robot's tracking and stereo imagining is spot on.

Comment

Anton. Have sent you a PM.

Cheers,
        Dave.

Comment

I tested your file and it plays in all players but not in EDIUS 8.3 or 7.53

EDIUS, Edit Anything
          Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thanks Anton, appreciate it.

I get the same results, plays on everything except Edius. The files even play on my iOS and Android devices without any issues. YouTube also has no problem recognising the format, from that I would assume other online video transcoding wouldn't be an issue either.

But the real strange thing is that Edius did play the files.

Ahhh, as I'm writing this I think there's more to it. I done a video in another post where I was comparing QuickSync driver compatibility between E8.2 and 8.3. In that test I worked backwards with the sections of the running order of the the edited sections, the laptop was recorded first on 8.3 and 8.3 on the workstation was last after testing it on 8.2.

It may be that I'm mistaken and 8.3 never did play the videos and I was viewing on 8.2. Although, that said, both machines were finally on 8.3 to prove the QS driver on both under 8.3. But then I must have done the final edit on 8.3 to finish it off as neither machine had 8.2 on them at that point. Although I'm fairly sure that I only ever had 8.3 on the laptop. Now I'm just getting confused :)

But I think you may be onto something. You can't play on 7.53 or 8.3 and I can't play on 8.3, although I obviously edited the piece in Edius. There's a possibility that 8.2 seen the files?

EDITED AS TEST HAS BEEN DONE AND REPORTED.

Thanks,
            Dave.
            Last edited by Liverpool TV; 12-06-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Quick update, it's all gone proper mad :) This video should explain.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else is having similar QT issues.

Cheers,
              Dave.

Comment

the Quicktine Importer option was added to EDIUS in 8.3

with 8.2, QT is always used providing it is installed
                Anton Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                  the Quicktine Importer option was added to EDIUS in 8.3

with 8.2, QT is always used providing it is installed
                  Ah, that makes sense, but the file not being decoded in 8.2 doesn't :(

In any event, I definitely edited a couple of short videos with these files in Edius, and I'm now fairly sure it was 8.3 as I had to switch on QT, which as you've said, I wouldn't have in 8.2. It's really strange why Edius was seeing them and now it's not. From when Edius was seeing them to when it stopped seeing them, nothing changed on the systems that I was using and Windows was fully up to date as per my QS video.

Thanks again for the help Anton, it's much appreciated.

Cheers,
                  Dave.

Comment

Working...
                  X