Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRsupport
    replied
    Because you can export a series of stills (Sequential) between in and out for compositing/animation programs.
    Try it : take a golf swing put an in out export with the exporter in to a new folder choose sequential and look at the results. Instant swing analyzed by frame.

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire View Post
    wondering if a mere snapshot would be as good as a still produced from the exporter.
    Okay, I think I have proved to my satisfaction there is absolutely no difference between snapshots as oposed to saving stills from the exporter.

My project is "golf swings", HDV progressive scan footage from my V1E cam, my client wants lots of stills as well as slowed down video sequences.

Whichever method I choose for saving the stills the results are "splendiferous"! No difference seen either by my eyes or my meters (waveform monitors/levels histograms).

This begs the question why bother with the still image exporter?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire View Post
    I had thought of doing that at the outset. See, not so daft as I look! Chuckle.. but was deterred wondering if a mere snapshot would be as good as a still produced from the exporter. I think I need to know this after this bother.

Still image exporter options are set for frame, not field, no processing other than to make my 1440 HDV stills full 1920 width.

So how does this compare with a mere snapshot I ask myself? Guess I should test it out... will do that right now.
    you can preset what the snapshot tool creates in settings menu, plugin settings, still image

Leave a comment:

• pjsssss
    replied
    YOu may not have it one your icon bar. If not, go into Settings and Customize and you can add it. CTL + T is the keyboard shortcut.

Leave a comment:

• MT02MHT
    replied
    Snapshot Icon

Any someone tell me where I find the snapshot icon please
    Mike T

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    I do this a lot faster, I click the snapshot icon as many times as I need and then I copy the resulting stills to a folder of my choice
    I had thought of doing that at the outset. See, not so daft as I look! Chuckle.. but was deterred wondering if a mere snapshot would be as good as a still produced from the exporter. I think I need to know this after this bother.

Still image exporter options are set for frame, not field, no processing other than to make my 1440 HDV stills full 1920 width.

So how does this compare with a mere snapshot I ask myself? Guess I should test it out... will do that right now.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I do this a lot faster, I click the snapshot icon as many times as I need and then I copy the resulting stills to a folder of my choice

Leave a comment:

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    I have noticd the same problem. So far I just keep re doing the path everytime. It works but if you have a bunch of stills to export it sure slows down your work flow.

Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Great, Anton to the rescue <grin!>

Anton, I took your advice. It did not work but I carried on along those lines and re- opened a couple of other projects still on the drive and in each one exported a still to my temp folder, saved the project and re-started Edius.

This still did no good so I saved out a small section of the timeline using the video file exporter and hey this did it.

I am now back to my current project and the path is showing my last saved path.

Wonder what caused it to stick???

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    after exporting a still to new path, does a safe, exit and restart of Edius remember the path? If not, then there is something strange going on

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    started a topic folder for still image export

folder for still image export

I'm exporting multiple still images as PNG files using the still image exporter but am slowed down because for some reason instead of Edius remembering the output folder path I just set for the previous still it always defaults to a location used for an old project I am finished with.

Can I fix this so I don't have to alter the path for each and every still I export?
Working...
X